Jp22

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
What’s up guys,
I recently had a rear main seal failure at 130mph. I originally had thought my motor was toast because there was a bunch of smoke out the back and oil all over the bay but after further investigation it ended up being the rear main seal. The shop that fixed it said it was due to too much pressure caused from the catch can or pcv system not venting properly. I had the hose that ran from the top of the valve cover to the catch can kinked so I figured that was the issue and remade the line.
Now that the rear main is fixed the moment I go into boost oil shoots out the vents on top of the catchcan and I get a inlet camshaft sensor code (164020) I’ve been looking for similar threads but can’t find nothing. After talking to my tuner we are assuming it’s the valve cover. Maybe the pcv failed internally. Because the car runs perfect.
Curious has anyone else delt with similar issues with pcv or catchcans or can pinpoint the exact problem

Mods:
Klm turbo kit
Klm catchcan
Sponsored

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Are you running the PCV line that comes out of the block onto your catch can? The KLM fitting does not have the one way check valve in it, so it will just fill up the KLM can. Highly suggest removing your catch can and checking to see how full it is/emptying is. Guarantee its completely full of oil and has nowhere else to go.

On mine I capped the engine block PCV port and just ran the VTT oil cap breather instead.

Also: Suggest getting either PCV port block pins or a Visconti valve cover upgrade to compensate.

PCV.jpg

PCV PINS.jpg

OP
OP

Jp22

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
Are you running the PCV line that comes out of the block onto your catch can? The KLM fitting does not have the one way check valve in it, so it will just fill up the KLM can. Highly suggest removing your catch can and checking to see how full it is/emptying is. Guarantee its completely full of oil and has nowhere else to go.

On mine I capped the engine block PCV port and just ran the VTT oil cap breather instead.

Also: Suggest getting either PCV port block pins or a Visconti valve cover upgrade to compensate.

PCV.jpg

PCV PINS.jpg
Thanks a lot!!
I’ve seen people Cap theirs like yours but I wasn’t sure what they did with the block fitting. And yeah my catch can was filling up like a can of oil every 1-2 weeks shit was not normal

I ordered the Visconti cover already. Definitely gonna cap off the block fitting now

OP
OP

Jp22

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra

PCV.jpg

PCV PINS.jpg
Also where did you get those caps at?

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Thanks a lot!!
I’ve seen people Cap theirs like yours but I wasn’t sure what they did with the block fitting. And yeah my catch can was filling up like a can of oil every 1-2 weeks shit was not normal

I ordered the Visconti cover already. Definitely gonna cap off the block fitting now
You can also take the OEM fitting and fit a barbed fitting on to the end of it to put a breather on it. The factory check valve on the block is actually a one-way INTO the block not out of it. However Capping it works fine as well. 👍

Also where did you get those caps at?
I ordered them on Amazon actually.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
You can also take the OEM fitting and fit a barbed fitting on to the end of it to put a breather on it. The factory check valve on the block is actually a one-way INTO the block not out of it. However Capping it works fine as well. 👍

I ordered them on Amazon actually.
The valve on the block goes INTO the block? Wow.

Could you please share a link to the block valve cap on Amazon?

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Dual can works best.

Valve cover vent to catch can (vta)
Oil cap vent to catch can (vta)

Block crank case vent to catch can (sealed) back to turbo inlet.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
Valve cover vent to catch can (vta)
Oil cap vent to catch can (vta)
Do we need check valves on both, or just the oil cap vent? I recall seeing a check valve on the valve cover vent while watching one of kern417's videos.
Sponsored