Pedal Commander

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
It seems a bit on the gimmicky side.

The only time I’ve felt the peddle was disconnected from the driver is on cold starts before engine is fully warmed up. The ECU guard band senses my heavy foot and says “not today”.

-RJM
Sponsored

Last edited:

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I’m looking to get something like this to combat my mushy feeling pedal when in Comfort Mode. I hate how I need to hit at least 3K rpm before the car really starts to accelerate. If I’m in Sport mode the car feels awesome and really responsive.

Do you guys that use this or any other brand really feel a difference in throttle response and would you recommend it? Have you noticed any issues caused by it?

There is another brand called Pedal Monster that actually has safeties built into it should something fail with the unit but I don’t see any models for the Supra. I reached out to them to see if they have something compatible and will let you know if they get back to me.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
@Dreamtalon91 - it won't really do much for the problem you indicated. The amount of power produced at a given RPM in a given mode won't change... all these types of devices do is essentially tell the car that you pushed the pedal down much farther than you did.

So if it feels sluggish under 3K RPM to you... it will still feel sluggish most likely. The easy solution is to just push that Sport button. ;)

Seriously though, if you want better gas mileage and/or softer damping with a bit (not much) more responsiveness - just set transmission and damping to "normal" in the sport custom options. Or just manually shift in Comfort and keep it above 3K until you're cruising. Lots better options with this car IMO - I coded in Sport Plus mode so I can have softer, more efficient Sport and "full beans" Sport modes with just two presses of the button.

On my wife's RX350 something like Pedal Commander becomes useful(ish) because you have to floor that thing just to move at all. Of course, in that particular case I would just recommend a replacement vehicle not made by Lexus/Toyota... but that's me. :cool:

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@Dreamtalon91 - it won't really do much for the problem you indicated. The amount of power produced at a given RPM in a given mode won't change... all these types of devices do is essentially tell the car that you pushed the pedal down much farther than you did.

So if it feels sluggish under 3K RPM to you... it will still feel sluggish most likely. The easy solution is to just push that Sport button. ;)

Seriously though, if you want better gas mileage and/or softer damping with a bit (not much) more responsiveness - just set transmission and damping to "normal" in the sport custom options. Or just manually shift in Comfort and keep it above 3K until you're cruising. Lots better options with this car IMO - I coded in Sport Plus mode so I can have softer, more efficient Sport and "full beans" Sport modes with just two presses of the button.

On my wife's RX350 something like Pedal Commander becomes useful(ish) because you have to floor that thing just to move at all. Of course, in that particular case I would just recommend a replacement vehicle not made by Lexus/Toyota... but that's me. :cool:
With Sport Plus mode that you coded in, does it feel like throttle response is even quicker, meaning even less lag, than regular Sport Mode?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With Sport Plus mode that you coded in, does it feel like throttle response is even quicker, meaning even less lag, than regular Sport Mode?
It's really hard to say, honestly. I've switched back and forth and the difference is subtle to say the least. What I can say is it sounds slightly more aggressive and the transmission definitely holds gears a bit longer (steering and damping are the same regardless).

In theory it shifts a bit quicker/harder too... but both that and the throttle response may be simply a placebo effect because the difference is small. It's like putting a new intake or exhaust on without a tune... it feels like it added 40+HP on a "butt-dyno" because it sounds angrier... but put it on a real dyno and it's more like 1-2HP if any at all. :dunno:

Just like many things... as soon as your brain is convinced enough of something - it becomes true (to you at least). It's entirely possible that there's no difference at all (other than transmission tuning and burbles level) between that and regular Sport Mode.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Let me start by saying I was the first employee to work at Pedal Commander when it was brought to the United States and I'm still great friends with the owner.

It does exactly what it promises it will do, but with the new technology in these cars (and access to Bimmercode), save your $300.

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Let me start by saying I was the first employee to work at Pedal Commander when it was brought to the United States and I'm still great friends with the owner.

It does exactly what it promises it will do, but with the new technology in these cars (and access to Bimmercode), save your $300.
I totally get ya, but I don't think anything in bimmercode can adjust pedal responsiveness can it? (I didn't, and am not going to, buy one of these).

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
I totally get ya, but I don't think anything in bimmercode can adjust pedal responsiveness can it? (I didn't, and am not going to, buy one of these).
I think the last update in Bimmercode I saw was for a "Sport Plus" feature option? I didn't pay too much attention to it because I think our gas pedal is already touchy from the factory. But it can also be adjusted with a tune.

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I think the last update in Bimmercode I saw was for a "Sport Plus" feature option? I didn't pay too much attention to it because I think our gas pedal is already touchy from the factory. But it can also be adjusted with a tune.
Yeah, I saw and did that. I didn't notice any difference in the throttle response, but maybe it's there.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
Yeah, I saw and did that. I didn't notice any difference in the throttle response, but maybe it's there.
My husband did it and said it's barely noticeable. :dunno:

But for anyone considering stacking the Pedal Commander on a tuned car, just make sure the throttle response within the tune is set to factory response. Adjusting it in the tune and adding the adjustment from the PC is going to throw a CEL.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same here... if there is any at all, I'd guess it's <1%. Most likely just feels that way due to the transmission tuning being even more aggressive and keeping engine over 3.5K RPM at all times. Really hard to tell if the engine tuning is more than just some extra burbles either for that matter.

In manual mode, I've never even felt throttle lag from anything other than a dead stop anyway - so I guess I'm desensitized to some extent. Driving Lexus models will do that to ya... they're horrible!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I thought sport plus mode (engine only) made a noticeable difference in pedal feel. I find myself hitting the gas just a hair too hard off the line and the car instantly jumps.

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
I'll chime in here since I have the pedal commander and coded in Sport+.
Purchased the PC because there is a bit of a dead spot (delay) in initial "tip in throttle", especially noticeable taking off in first gear. PC was my first mod to the car. The PC has completely rectified this initial tip in delay and has made a huge difference in fun factor,`as throttle response is now snappy af!
Sport +. I coded this in recently and did notice response was very slightly improved, even with the PC. This should help, but cant imagine driving the car without the PC now.
Current Settings: sport / +2

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I have pedal commander on my FJ cruiser. It works great and it stopped the throttle lag delay. All the options from city mode to sport plus made my FJ lively and usable in acceleration in local roads and helped on off-road trails with no delay on throttle. Plus the adjustability of the PC is great. My FJ cruiser is heavily modified for offroad duty and has 37inch tires. I can imagine what it would do for my Supra. Theres a slight delay when accelerating from a stop. I will have to give PC a try for my car.
Sponsored