Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Just. Go. Direct. To. Femto. I've been screaming this for a year. Message them on Instagram, done.
I’ve seen you say this multiple times. I literally don’t understand why people don’t do this. Why add the middle man and his tax.
Sponsored

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
By the time I tried to do it everyone already bought up all the ECUs and I wasn't going to sit there and waste my time trying to hunt that shit down. And this was back in January I believe. I can't imagine how hard it is to find one now. It was only a couple of extra hundred bucks to let someone else worry about the logistics and possible replacement of everything.

I've sunk so much money into my build right now that paying a few extra hundred bucks is inconsequential.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is the reason people hunt for an additional ECU to do the Femto thing because they don't want to or can't be without their car for the period of time it takes to do the unlock et. al.? For those whose cars aren't their daily driver I suppose I never understood why you don't just send your ECU off for unlocking. I get there's a risk it will be lost, stolen, screwed up during the unlock, etc., but I figure many of us take greater and more expensive risks with all of the other work we have done with our cars.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is the reason people hunt for an additional ECU to do the Femto thing because they don't want to or can't be without their car for the period of time it takes to do the unlock et. al.? For those whose cars aren't their daily driver I suppose I never understood why you don't just send your ECU off for unlocking. I get there's a risk it will be lost, stolen, screwed up during the unlock, etc., but I figure many of us take greater and more expensive risks with all of the other work we have done with our cars.
Femto needs two ECUs. An unlockable one (pre 2020.06) and your locked ECU. They take the data from your cars ECU and slap that data on to an unlockable one. You then use the unlockable ECU in your car and proceed as if you had a 2020.

They also offer a second unlock service, which is watered down. It only allows for modifications to the calibration tables

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No, you need an additional ECU to clone to.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I feel bad for anyone needing an ECU as a replacement part/repair. Prices are astronomical.

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
excuse my ignorance, what is partial unlock? can you use your own ecu for partial unlock and just run bm3?

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW
excuse my ignorance, what is partial unlock? can you use your own ecu for partial unlock and just run bm3?
yes, Original DME is getting partially unlocked.

Partial unlock means - Calibrations only (maps) can be modified, tuned,
Program changes can not be done (necessary for FlexFuel, on the fly map switching, antilag, etc)