Press Release: It’s a Supra Kind of Day

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Red LE, C8 Corvette Z51 Torch Red, M3C
To TMS defense, they never said all LEs would arrive on the 22nd. They told the dealers that they will begin shipping to them the week of the 22nd and continue the week after and possibly extend past those two weeks.
They were suppose to arrive before base and premium models. First 1500 to go to dealers to launch Supra back in the market.
Still sitting at port while models produced after them are at dealers and sold to customers
Sponsored

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They were suppose to arrive before base and premium models. First 1500 to go to dealers to launch Supra back in the market.
Still sitting at port while models produced after them are at dealers and sold to customers
I’m still waiting on my “launch model” will an order date of 5/19. It’s still in port awaiting to be shipped to my dealer. Expecting week of August 18-23

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Do not totally agree with your grievance but I’m curious to what Toyota replies to you. Let us know. And I believe we will see our cars this week, or latest next week. I’m rooting for us.

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do not totally agree with your grievance but I’m curious to what Toyota replies to you. Let us know. And I believe we will see our cars this week, or latest next week. I’m rooting for us.
Me too!

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
From seeing all of TQCN's PQR (Port Quality reports), and all the DPRs, there are quite a few that had various issues that ports are waiting on parts to fix issues. At least 10 separate reports of Emblem delamination that ports are waiting on replacement parts for (These could or could not include more then 1 VIN). Various mutilation and Chalky dashboards being found.

Main reason why launch editions haven't been delivered yet, or left at first point of rest locations. I'm seeing if there is an easy way I can make a table of the issues/cars affected.

That would be great...but if you only have time for one VIN, I think this “random” VIN would be a good one to check....LW021399. ;)

NDavis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra LE #248 of 1500, 2014 BMW M235i
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile, I still have Launch Edition #248 of 1500 for sale. Then again, according to others on this forum, I’m a fool for asking above MSRP for my piece of crap, used (14mi.) Nocturnal Black Supra! If you would like, you can privately message me about this to avoid getting “flamed” (whatever that means) by users on this forum.

OP
OP
XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I feel like the launch of the 2020 Supra is the most unorganized launch in automotive history. Toyota stated that the first 1500 LE's would be sold, then followed by the regular trims. And the only way to distinguish that it's a LE is by looking at the window sticker. I think you could buy a regular supra, add the red mirror caps and matte black wills to make it look like an LE. They should have done like a special color for LE's like TRD Pros. Then it truly would have made the LE's special.
Couldn't agree more. I got my LE with CF mirrors, so even that's gone for me. If it's designated as LE there could have been more limited options like special color, signature on the engine, something... Currently, my car stands out as there isn't many Supra's out, but when people buy non-LE's mine will not be differentiated from the outside. Well surely having the car is enough, but we're complaining about LE not standing out as much...

Also, the interior being half red and not having any option for non-LE's also don't look good on Toyota tbh. I hope for other's sake they make interior color an option...

And because of these reasons, unfortunately I do not think paying $20K over MSRP for LE make any sense.. unless it's because you can't wait for another month for non-LE... Only thing you "couldn't" probably order is the LE badge, but if you replicated a #2 badge and signature and showed your friends that you have #2 LE, you can easily fool anyone with the above said plus door trim, etc... At this point, I think unless you check-in with Toyota upon buying/selling you can't even tell from the VIN that it is, or it isn't LE...so will it hold value? I doubt it..

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Couldn't agree more. I got my LE with CF mirrors, so even that's gone for me. If it's designated as LE there could have been more limited options like special color, signature on the engine, something... Currently, my car stands out as there isn't many Supra's out, but when people buy non-LE's mine will not be differentiated from the outside. Well surely having the car is enough, but we're complaining about LE not standing out as much...

Also, the interior being half red and not having any option for non-LE's also don't look good on Toyota tbh. I hope for other's sake they make interior color an option...

And because of these reasons, unfortunately I do not think paying $20K over MSRP for LE make any sense.. unless it's because you can't wait for another month for non-LE... Only thing you "couldn't" probably order is the LE badge, but if you replicated a #2 badge and signature and showed your friends that you have #2 LE, you can easily fool anyone with the above said plus door trim, etc... At this point, I think unless you check-in with Toyota upon buying/selling you can't even tell from the VIN that it is, or it isn't LE...so will it hold value? I doubt it..
I believe Canada is getting only one trim and the red interior is optional on all of their orders.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Yeh! What happened to the 90 A90 Editions that were supposed to be produced in Phantom Matte Grey?!
All I’ve heard is that the color is very hard to produce to the quality that’s needed. Not sure what happened to those cars but there only like 7 phantoms in all of North America.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I thought matte gray is an option in NA and in Europe only 90 cars of the LE will become matte gray.

You can't opt. In for matte gray in Europe sadly.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where you all heard that... I have a deposit on a gray matte phantom MKV that the dealership specifically ordered for me and the they were able to order it like any of the other premium non-LE Supras. (I ended up picking up a black LE elsewhere because I changed my mind on getting a matte car, but it’s still being ordered as I haven’t gone in to cancel the order yet.)

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Not sure where you all heard that... I have a deposit on a gray matte phantom MKV that the dealership specifically ordered for me and the they were able to order it like any of the other premium non-LE Supras. (I ended up picking up a black LE elsewhere because I changed my mind on getting a matte car, but it’s still being ordered as I haven’t gone in to cancel the order yet.)
You already picked up your LE in NY?
Sponsored