Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No flipping way all that will be coming in for 55k. A supra doing that for 55k would be breaking the auto industry as it would be almost supercar territory, without paying the premium.

Might be the new nsx, that we always wanted .
Why not? Chevy has done it with the Corvette. I think Toyota is capable of pulling something like this off especially since they are sharing costs with another car company. I'd understand if it was a fully built in house Toyota car and these new specs of 450HP+ were attached to a $70K+ price tag. But the truth is we're getting the Supra back along with the next gen. A90 chasis code but no 3JZ engine (maybe?) and no manual option? Something's gotta give on their end and in my opinion that is the price which would make a lot more sense why they went the route they did. Now will they is what we'll have to wait and see.

Honda needs to take the hybrid stuff off the NSX and offer a V6TT option for a whole lot less. I believe their track car is non hybrid. I'm sure this would kick up some sales for them depending on price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Why not? Chevy has done it with the Corvette. I think Toyota is capable of pulling something like this off especially since they are sharing costs with another car company. I'd understand if it was a fully built in house Toyota car and these new specs of 450HP+ were attached to a $70K+ price tag. But the truth is we're getting the Supra back along with the next gen. A90 chasis code but no 3JZ engine (maybe?) and no manual option? Something's gotta give on their end and in my opinion that is the price which would make a lot more sense why they went the route they did. Now will they is what we'll have to wait and see.

Honda needs to take the hybrid stuff off the NSX and offer a V6TT option for a whole lot less. I believe their track car is non hybrid. I'm sure this would kick up some sales for them depending on price.
Yup.. taking the hybrid stuff off, setting the msrp around 110-120k will do a lot of justice to the NSX sales.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup.. taking the hybrid stuff off, setting the msrp around 110-120k will do a lot of justice to the NSX sales.
Isn’t it funny how Toyota seems to get the formula right for cars that no one wanted or asked for (LFA, RCF, etc...), and then royally screws up the formula for the cars that everyone wants and asks for (GT-86, FJ Cruiser, MKV Supra, etc...). Just give the people what they want....you made it happen in the 90’s, do it again!

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Isn’t it funny how Toyota seems to get the formula right for cars that no one wanted or asked for (LFA, RCF, etc...), and then royally screws up the formula for the cars that everyone wants and asks for (GT-86, FJ Cruiser, MKV Supra, etc...). Just give the people what they want....you made it happen in the 90’s, do it again!
I think that's what a lot of us are worried about with the MKV Supra. The new NSX is a perfect example of that. Who really asked for a hybrid sports car set up besides the Honda team behind the project? The enthusiast were expecting something similar to the last NSX given it was badged an NSX. It would have been nice had they given a cheaper non hybrid set up and hybrid option if they wanted. But instead they are requiring buyers to pay full premium based on what they thought the market wanted...we see how well that's working for them :rolleyes1:

I think what has led the MKIV to 'Super car killer/legendary' status is the 2JZ. The car has a timeless look etc. but the truth is if it wasn't for the 2JZ it wouldn't have the high status it has today. If the roots won't meet or exceed the 2JZ with the MKV then they should have really named this car something else and I think the internet and forums would be a lot less stressing on what Toyota is working on for this upcoming car. But everyone wanted the Supra back and the marketing team knew this so from a financial standpoint it made sense to milk as much money as they can using this name. Now will the car live up to the name? TBD...

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's what a lot of us are worried about with the MKV Supra. The new NSX is a perfect example of that. Who really asked for a hybrid sports car set up besides the Honda team behind the project? The enthusiast were expecting something similar to the last NSX given it was badged an NSX. It would have been nice had they given a cheaper non hybrid set up and hybrid option if they wanted. But instead they are requiring buyers to pay full premium based on what they thought the market wanted...we see how well that's working for them :rolleyes1:

I think what has led the MKIV to 'Super car killer/legendary' status is the 2JZ. The car has a timeless look etc. but the truth is if it wasn't for the 2JZ it wouldn't have the high status it has today. If the roots won't meet or exceed the 2JZ with the MKV then they should have really named this car something else and I think the internet and forums would be a lot less stressing on what Toyota is working on for this upcoming car. But everyone wanted the Supra back and the marketing team knew this so from a financial standpoint it made sense to milk as much money as they can using this name. Now will the car live up to the name? TBD...
Toyota could have very easily built the MKV Supra off of the RC-F’s underpinnings....very easily! They could have used the RC-F underpinnings, LS500 V6 TT engine, and FT-1 exterior with a sub-par interior and they would have had a winner. I think we all agree that the whole purpose of the BMW collaboration was strictly for the straight six platform. This was not necessary....a straight six should not have been the deciding factor for the MKV Supra for collaboration with BMW. It would have been 100% Toyota and with or without a manual transmission, would have been superb! Oh well, too late for that now.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
God I hope not, the NSX is a beautiful car but what a blunder on where they ended up having to price it...not sure what the intent was...
The new NSX managed to succeed in one thing, and that was to make the previous gen cars more expensive than anyone could have imagined. More than anything, I personally believe that the new NSX’s failure point was it’s exterior design....it’s ugly. Look at the previous gen NSX’s and how they evolved and transitioned with subtle changes that made every year unmistakably an NSX. The new car, looks like an attempt to make something way too complicated and used the NSX name to justify the price tag. Bad move and unfortunately Toyota seems to be following in Acura’s footsteps....unless some news really wow us soon.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^unfortunately, we may be on HOLD for some real news for a while. But I must admit I'm really curious to know what exactly is underneath the hood. Toyota has done a good job not allowing specifics to leak out besides the rumors which we know are one too many and the little info. that Tada has confirmed. I have my days but until Toyota reveals it anything is possible.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I don't know how any body can call the new NSX ugly while saying the R35 is a good looking car. Yeah I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, blah blah blah. :p I think most will agree that both look like @ss when compared to their predecessor.

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
When is the new Supra Japan released?

A new-generation Supra that made the world's first racing specification at the Geneva show held in March. When will the announcement release to the Japanese market be around?

According to the coverage, launch is effective around March 2019.

Regarding car names, the naming of "SUPRA" crowns. As previously reported, it is joint development with BMW, assembly is also carried out in Germany and is expected to be imported to Japan.

Adopt the stylish Long Nose 2 seater sports coupe layout. The top grade of the power unit to be mounted by FR drive is 3 L straight 6 turbo, and the maximum output shows 268 kW (360 ps) and the maximum torque 500 Nm (51.0 kgm).

Supra has been a monopoly of the Corolla shop for a long time, but the next model should be sold together with the four affiliated stores. However, since it is a small number of 500 or fewer months at a time, choosing a shop from 4 branch shops, mainly urban areas, and choosing a store, it seems that a system that handles from sales to aftercare will be adopted here.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/newcar/2607

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how any body can call the new NSX ugly while saying the R35 is a good looking car. Yeah I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, blah blah blah. :p I think most will agree that both look like @ss when compared to their predecessor.
I never said the GT-R is beautiful....and if I did, I take back those words. However, the GT-R makes it all up with it’s unrivaled performance, and sticks to it’s JDM roots. When you look at an R35 GT-R, there are so many details that let you know it’s a GT-R! From the rear tail lights to the AWD system to the small nostalgic trim pieces. It didn’t steer away from all the greatness the previous gen GT-R’s were about....it only built on top of it. That’s why the R35 (as ugly as it is) sells and outperforms so many other cars on the market. The fact that the NSX is built in Ohio or wherever (not Japan) alone makes it less desirable because let’s face it, a big part of owning a Japanese supercar is the pride of knowing it was made in Japan. Jusst like if a Crovetter ZR1 was made in Taiwan or a Porsche 911 made in Brazil. I know Honda/Acura has always tried to be on the cutting edge of technology....but, they need to step back and recognize who their audience is and what the expectations are. The original NSX was a engineering marvel. Almost 30yrs later, and the original NSX still catches everyone’s attention and looks like something from a Ferrari catalog.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I never said the GT-R is beautiful....and if I did, I take back those words. However, the GT-R makes it all up with it’s unrivaled performance, and sticks to it’s JDM roots. When you look at an R35 GT-R, there are so many details that let you know it’s a GT-R! From the rear tail lights to the AWD system to the small nostalgic trim pieces. It didn’t steer away from all the greatness the previous gen GT-R’s were about....it only built on top of it. That’s why the R35 (as ugly as it is) sells and outperforms so many other cars on the market. The fact that the NSX is built in Ohio or wherever (not Japan) alone makes it less desirable because let’s face it, a big part of owning a Japanese supercar is the pride of knowing it was made in Japan. Jusst like if a Crovetter ZR1 was made in Taiwan or a Porsche 911 made in Brazil. I know Honda/Acura has always tried to be on the cutting edge of technology....but, they need to step back and recognize who their audience is and what the expectations are. The original NSX was a engineering marvel. Almost 30yrs later, and the original NSX still catches everyone’s attention and looks like something from a Ferrari catalog.
I never said you did, but I'm sure you called it a "hot chick". Sure, everything except a manual. I guess sales were good or ok from the start, but it now has flat lining just like the aging Z. If I were spending $150k-$200k on a car I could care less what country it was made in and more about styling, performance and build quality. Where did you get that I was a fan of the new NSX? (Spoiler alert, if you read my past post I'm not...) But you were purely talking about exterior design, so I chose the lesser of two fugly evils. Now, if you want to shift the conversation to performances and best bang for your buck, sure GT-R all day.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Does "launch" mean auto show debut, start of production, or arrival on showroom floors? :dunno:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.