Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of these statements contradict each other. If production starts in Q1 then a fall debut would make sense, no?
Or a NAIAS in early January debut makes even more sense.
Sponsored

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
A lot of these statements contradict each other. If production starts in Q1 2019 then a fall 2018 debut would make sense, no?
Or a NAIAS in early January debut makes even more sense.
I should have add year date for better clarification. Like with the 86, it debut at Tokyo in 2010. Sales also started in March of 2011. But yeah I could see Detroit being a contender because of its show status.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
What if Toyota is planning on going down the same path as BMW in where they used Pebble Beach as a preview and than have Paris as where all the technical details comes out. So my guess is maybe Toyota will give us an early look at SEMA or LA, but than save all the interesting stuff like weight, pricing, trim level and etc. for Detroit. :dunno:

McGregory

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toyota-supra.de
Car(s)
Supra MKIV, Celica T23, Datsun 240z

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
interesting, so it's not just the 4cyl that's scheduled for delivery in October...

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
word on the street for US reveal was detroit motor show yeah?

I noticed the german article states "medium equipment"

I'm going to assume this means you get the same mechanical package, but with different accessories.

personally, this pleases me, I want a sports car, not an optioned up cruiser. Aircon, cruise control and a screamer pipe are about all the options I need.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
well, two sources from the US said the 4 cyl car would be delayed until the end of next year (this was about 1-2 months ago), but that the 6cyl should not be impacted and would be delivered some time in the summer.

I haven't heard anything concrete on the US production reveal. There was some buzz around SEMA for pre-production, but that was the last bit I've heard...

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Didn't I see somewhere that the US may be some of the first to get the A90 - which makes sense?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Given what Tada said to me about the importance of U.S sales I would think so, but logistics are so convoluted that it's anyone's guess.

Also, went back and read some of the conversations, and Detroit was mentioned as a possibility a few times, but it was just a consideration.

McGregory

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toyota-supra.de
Car(s)
Supra MKIV, Celica T23, Datsun 240z
interesting, so it's not just the 4cyl that's scheduled for delivery in October...
Unfortunately, I do not know which models in detail are shipped to the dealers in october (they will certainly not know it yourself), in the mailing list was only roughly speaking of a model with medium equipment.
Personaly I think this will be the 340 PS model

Last edited:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Next thing you know, the 4 cylinder Supra is going to have the manual because it's cheaper and is intended as the car for engine swaps.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Next thing you know, the 4 cylinder Supra is going to have the manual because it's cheaper and is intended as the car for engine swaps.
I can be onboard with that.

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
http://www.theweek.co.uk/95828/paris-motor-show-preview-porsche-911-toyota-supra-mercedes-amg-a35

Paris Motor Show preview: Mercedes-AMG A35, Toyota Supra, Porsche 911 and more

The world’s biggest carmakers are gearing up to unveil their latest and greatest production cars at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.

The event, which runs from 4 to 14 October, is one of the most significant dates in the automotive world’s calendar, featuring a winning combination of hi-tech concept cars and mass production models that sell in the thousands.

As fans book their tickets to the Paris showcase, held on alternative years to the Frankfurt Motor Show, experts are predicting which models will make their world debuts in France.

Toyota Supra

After years of concept cars, and leaked images of the production version covered in camouflage, Toyota may finally take the wraps off its new Supra in Paris.

Based on the new Z4, the Supra is inspired by Toyota’s FT-1 concept that first debuted in New York four years ago and may resemble the company’s Supra Racing prototype [pictured above] that appeared in Geneva in March, says Car magazine.

The Supra will be powered by a turbocharged straight-six engine producing around 350bhp, the magazine adds. The new sports car won’t be cheap, with an expected price tag of around £50,000 when it goes on sale in early 2019.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"After years of concept cars, and leaked images of the production version covered in camouflage, Toyota may finally take the wraps off its new Supra in Paris. "

Key word here is 'may' not will...like always

Status
Not open for further replies.