Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
like I said though, the engineering is totally different...none of those cars you've mentioned were necessarily designed from the ground up to be a great handler with a small engine. Plus it is very difficult to compare the 86 to the STi/Type R/Focus RS/Golf R, etc..coupe/RWD enthusiasts don't usually care for hatches or FWD based platforms. The Miata is the only comparable platform currently on sale.

Be realistic..how much do you think they should/would charge for a 86 with a flat 6 (even the WRX STi doesn't get one) or a turbo 4 with the extra HP/torque you're wanting along with all the other components needed to uprate everything? You're going to easily jump from $25 K to the mid $30 Ks which in America it would cause the 86 to compete more directly with say a 2 series. If you think we have it rough, go check out Toyota 86 and BMW 2 series prices in Germany right now. The current 86 with its "weak" engine is the same price as a base 2 series with a turbo 4! So imagine, in these markets your wish would just not make any sense, it would be highly overpriced in several markets. But as I said, Toyota could have developed a platform with a strong engine from the ground up along with offering weaker powerplant options, like a Mustang, but then the base engine wouldn't be as cheap or it'll be a porker like the 3 muscle cars.. can't have it all..but i digress the mk5 supra seems like it will fill that niche
damn, well I guess there is no helping, such a bummer as 86 chassis feels like it can do so much more.
Sponsored

Bakerr6

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 CRV, 12 FRS, 16 Pilot
I am personally. I'm on this forum too much :confused1: Lurking mostly. I'm on the edge of my seat, hoping for a manual and a 47-55k price tag. The 2019 m2 is coming April, so it's down to those.
If this comes in 2+2 form, then I could go higher. I doubt my significant other will agree to a 60k 2 seater when we have an infant at home.

WF MKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06’ tC, Renaissance Red 3.0 Premium Supra
I truly hope an active wing is implemented in production. The car looks great from the rear without a wing, but with some on the rear wing renders I’ve seen...man that’ll give even more eye candy to the Supra

kmbkk

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 FRS
Well, they're both FA20 engines, just the WRX is an FA20DIT (factory turbo, TMIC and Subie's DI-only fuel injection). Dimension-wise they're the same with only a few minor differences. So not exactly apples to oranges.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Well, they're both FA20 engines, just the WRX is an FA20DIT (factory turbo, TMIC and Subie's DI-only fuel injection). Dimension-wise they're the same with only a few minor differences. So not exactly apples to oranges.
lol so you're going to tell me their chassis and driving/handling dynamics are even remotely similar? you're paying for the chassis with the 86 and you're paying for forced induction on the WRX...not sure how much more apples to oranges you can get.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.