Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Just remembered: Euro regulations do specify a larger minimum size for side mirrors than the North American regulations do - it may be that those mirrors on the snowy prototypes are Euro reg if the photos were taken in Europe, in which case the NA mirrors may be a little more compact. (Compare the mirror sizes on the current NA and Euro Mustangs, you can see the size difference.)

OP
OP
PREDATOR786

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Seemed like the 86 achieved its purpiose, light, rwd, excellent handling, didn't need power. If they fixe dthe troque dp, it might have been a different story and a completely different car.

Toyota does have a secret racing location where the LFA tested and is a fortress, no way anyone can get the inside scoop unless Toyota wants them too.

Realistically,

toyota might come out with a 400 HP trim of the Supra that is getting perfected as we speak.

Unrealistically,

The above sentence with manual.
I think they did resolve this issue in the facelift model - for the MT version anyway.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Just remembered: Euro regulations do specify a larger minimum size for side mirrors than the North American regulations do - it may be that those mirrors on the snowy prototypes are Euro reg if the photos were taken in Europe, in which case the NA mirrors may be a little more compact. (Compare the mirror sizes on the current NA and Euro Mustangs, you can see the size difference.)
That's true for the Mustang, but Toyota's offerings have been the same across the board. Either way, thank God I live in the US! :headbang:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I'm pretty sure the 86 has the same mirrors in both the US & Europe, and those don't look huge and out of place. With regards to the Mustang, wasn't it because the car wasn't specificity design for the EU from the start and changes had to be made at a later time when Ford deiced to launch in other markets?

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
But the prototypes spied in the US also has the same 3 series mirrors.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
so because of the EU we're getting ugly fat mirrors and most likely a higher hood or bonnet like with the 86. :doh:

come on Toyota, how many do you even expect to sell over there? like 100? :lol: my 2 cent is that they should learn from the MK4 and focus more on markets like Japan and North America.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
car is being made by Magna Steyr in Austria, so actually it may sell decent in Europe as it will likely be priced without a ton of markup (looking at you Toyobaru twins)

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
so because of the EU we're getting ugly fat mirrors and most likely a higher hood or bonnet like with the 86. :doh:

come on Toyota, how many do you even expect to sell over there? like 100? :lol: my 2 cent is that they should learn from the MK4 and focus more on markets like Japan and North America.
..which FR platforms have a lower hood in this day and age? not even miata..

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Even if its priced better for Europe this time around, I still think the bulk of sales will come from Japan and US. I also still hope we will get a more aggressive model than the EU in terms of both power and styling. F*cking EU is ruining the fun for everyone else. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.