Spied: GR Supra Prototype (Exterior and Interior)!

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
Yes, we get it, Toyota always designs things the bestest and smartestestest........
Sponsored

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a new 1 series yesterday and had absolutely no problems at all with the indicator.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
The center position is one thing, but BMW's system to cancel is by using the same direction that is active. IE: turning off the right turn signal by pressing up to trigger the right turn signal again.

As Jeff mentioned, the Lexus system cancels it upon using it in the opposite direction, which is fundamentally the same reaction when using a traditional stalk. Where as BMW stalks will trigger the opposite turn signal when doing so. IE: trying to turn off the right turn signal by pressing down will cancel the turn signal in the Lexus, but will turn on the left signal in the BMW
The F150 is the same way. I have driven both. It cancels by pushing the same direction, by pushing back towards the center, it will cancel as well but only if you do it lightly, usually it turns the other indicator on.

93Siro

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
So..... we're in here arguing about indicator stalks now? Enthralling.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah for real. If i it doesn't required hand signals or something i'm cool with it.

I don't know if it's me used to BMW's or what but i always find BMW's logic with paddle shifters and + - gate with the shifter the right one. You have to pull to upshift, push to downshift. Some manufactures do it the opposite. I always thought i'd have problem with the other setup, but not once i managed to screw up with my Santa Fe. Human brain is not some pentium 2 rig we played GTA II on.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
The center position is one thing, but BMW's system to cancel is by using the same direction that is active. IE: turning off the right turn signal by pressing up to trigger the right turn signal again.

As Jeff mentioned, the Lexus system cancels it upon using it in the opposite direction, which is fundamentally the same reaction when using a traditional stalk. Where as BMW stalks will trigger the opposite turn signal when doing so. IE: trying to turn off the right turn signal by pressing down will cancel the turn signal in the Lexus, but will turn on the left signal in the BMW
You are wrong with that. A slightly push to the opposite direction turns the signal off. Just tested by a friend of mine in a brand new BMW X1.

So... a lot of hot air for nothing. ;)
But itā€™s ok, cause in the moment there seems to be nothing more important to talk about. :D

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You are wrong with that. A slightly push to the opposite direction turns the signal off. Just tested by a friend of mine in a brand new BMW X1.

So... a lot of hot air for nothing. ;)
But itā€™s ok, cause in the moment there seems to be nothing more important to talk about. :D
Luckily I already said twice in this thread new BMW's changed it :thumbsup:

Edit: actually 3 times.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Luckily I already said twice in this thread new BMW's changed it :thumbsup:

Edit: actually 3 times.
Really? So what the hell are we talking about? And what comes next? :D

Iā€™ve got an idea: The climate control! Did you know that there is no sync-button for dual-ACs in some BMWs? That means you need to turn both knobs for driver and passenger if you would like to have same temperature all over the car. It becomes even more dramatically if you also know, that the temperature changes for half a degree Celsius with every single step while turning the designated knob. So youā€™ve got a lot to do when changing the temperature!

It looks like the same insane ac-control unit has been used for the all new Supra...

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Really? So what the hell are we talking about? And what comes next? :D
I have no idea. I was simply stating how unintuitive bmw turn signals used to be and you were arguing with me as if im a Toyota fan boy hating for no reason.

The reality is that I'm a bmw fan boy that is knowledgeable of their faults and pitfalls

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have no idea. I was simply stating how unintuitive bmw turn signals used to be and you were arguing with me as if im a Toyota fan boy hating for no reason.

The reality is that I'm a bmw fan boy that is knowledgeable of their faults and pitfalls
Forgive me. I just tried to say that it isnā€™t so in newer BMWs and that nobody has to fear unintuitive handling while driving a Supra because of all that BMW parts.

In the end I couldnā€™t stay serious anymore because in my eyes it makes no sense talking about a ā€œfeatureā€ that most probably isnā€™t used for the upcoming Supra.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Forgive me. I just tried to say that it isnā€™t so in newer BMWs and that nobody has to fear unintuitive handling while driving a Supra because of all that BMW parts.

In the end I couldnā€™t stay serious anymore because in my eyes it makes no sense talking about a ā€œfeatureā€ that most probably isnā€™t used for the upcoming Supra.
You were never trying to say that, you just wanted to argue with me

If you would have actually opened your eyes and read what I wrote instead of trying to argue, you would have seen that I mentioned that 3 times.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You were never trying to say that, you just wanted to argue with me

If you would have actually opened your eyes and read what I wrote instead of trying to argue, you would have seen that I mentioned that 3 times.
I have read your posts again and again. Maybe it's because my english is not that good. But for me, most of your posts on the subject read as if you were explaining how it is in a BMW, not what it was like.
I am by no means just to argue for the sake of argument. And I have said several times that it makes no sense to talk about it any longer. But there seems to be nothing more important at the moment.

Finally, I want to emphasize that I never wanted to attack you personally. But if you felt it that way, I'm sorry.

MORSK

First Name
TheSupra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra
New Supra A90 Gen3 2019 Launched March Toyota C-hr gazoo 2019 Launched March Toyota new Rav42019 launched April Toyota Prius minerchen2019 launched April
Sponsored