Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesnj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Toyota holds the design patents. I'm speculating that Toyota is using the 86 platform as their entry level sport car. Then later that 86 buyer will move up to the Supra. It's all in the marketing schema. When the 86 was being designed Tada San always wanted the 86 as a bare bones NA sports car. Quickness is not the idea of the 86, the Supra, I think should fill in that gap.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota holds the design patents. I'm speculating that Toyota is using the 86 platform as their entry level sport car. Then later that 86 buyer will move up to the Supra. It's all in the marketing schema. When the 86 was being designed Tada San always wanted the 86 as a bare bones NA sports car. Quickness is not the idea of the 86, the Supra, I think should fill in that gap.
Then what's after the Supra?

:hmm:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Time will tell, The LFA is/was Toyota's only Super Car...Yeah I know, Lexis
Originally was LExus, and wasn't supposed to be as expensive, shoudl have been 170k or so. But that's absurd.

toyota just needs to make a GTR and my head wille xplode. Or better yet, an MR2 will be the top trim. Mid engine hybrid battery for 50/50 placement and absurd acceleration?

Game, set and match

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
now that there have been talks about the Supra getting autonomous/safety type equipment has anyone considered the 2 flaps in the side intakes to possibly be sensors for adaptive cruise control, emergency stop, etc..? normally they put them in the middle grill but since the mk5 has a schnoz perhaps there wasn't enough space especially with a license plate.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
now that there have been talks about the Supra getting autonomous/safety type equipment has anyone considered the 2 flaps in the side intakes to possibly be sensors for adaptive cruise control, emergency stop, etc..? normally they put them in the middle grill but since the mk5 has a schnoz perhaps there wasn't enough space especially with a license plate.
Yeah very possible!

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
[QUOTE="The Comedian, post: 11579, member: 1003"

With all that being said, would I have paid $30-35k for a factory turbo with say 270hp like the WRX? In a heart beat. I already love the car and everything it has to offer, but I want a bit more power and going aftermarket for that will be my solution if the Supra isn’t going to give me what I want. Personally, I want a manual car because it’s FUN. I could care less about saving .02 seconds on my shifts or expressing my e-penis on a forum because on paper my car is better. A manual transmission is fun to drive and that’s what Toyota wants to make. Fun to drive cars.[/QUOTE]

Plus, in my case...Manual is easier than Auto

FutureSupra87

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 Pathfinder
Looks good wonder how much will differ from next years production model.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.