PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Sounds like I’d have to replace my exhaust and Downpipe
For sure the cold air intake but I’m okay letting go of that.
It literally says, in the very first post:

“Full compatibility with all aftermarket downpipes.”

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
  1. Read this.
  2. Pure800 turbos are $2400 if you send in your turbo+manifold, $3900 if you don't.
  3. Top mount kits are, like, $7000.
  4. The company Remnant Performance is about to release a turbo kit for ~$2500 that includes all of this:
    1. A full charge pipe, compatible with port injection plates and meth injection.
    2. A 4" intake and airbox, roughly the diameter and size of the MST v2 setup
    3. A Verus-style cerakote heat shield.
    4. A 65mm ceramic ball bearing turbo with billet compressor wheel, water cooled, TWIN SCROLL, similar to the Garrett G30-900 -- capable of 800-1000WHP. This is an exceptionally fucking good turbo, pardon my language. Because of the 65mm diameter, lightweight wheel and CBB, the spool characteristics are roughly on-par with the OEM turbo. Fast as hell spool. And it BOLTS TO THE STOCK LOCATION. AFAIK there's no other turbo option on the market that spools like stock and generates power like a top mount. This is truly the "hybrid option" this damn car has sorely needed. Top mounts are usually drag/dyno queens, and Pure turbos are just crude stuffed turbos.
    5. Full compatibility with all aftermarket downpipes.
    6. Uses the factory EWG for easy-as-pie tuning.
    7. You can keep and sell your OEM turbo, charge pipe, intake. Think about how much money that will give back to you.
    8. Optional T51R mod for $250.

Think about this. $2500 for a twin scroll ceramic billet turbo. A heat shield. A charge pipe. An intake. And you can sell whatever you have now for well north of $1K back in your pocket.

As an aside: the same company is also going to release a 4" oval turbo back setup to dual 3" out. AFAIK that's the highest flowing exhaust on the market. All joints are v-banded, resonators are swappable with provided test pipes, mufflers are also swappable if you want to throw in a new muffler with V-bands. This setup INCLUDES a catless downpipe. Price? $1500.

So for $4K you get:
  1. Drop-in replacement twin scroll turbo
  2. Heat shield
  3. Charge pipe
  4. Intake
  5. 4" downpipe
  6. 4" exhaust

Orders on all of this open soon, within the next 60 days(ish).

There is absolutely no better deal on the market. Paging @zrk to +1 this.

Also paging @AustinGRSupra because he was interested as well.
I am in for one !

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
In for the updates of this kit. Was going to keep this vehicle stock as I spent too much on the other one but $2500-4K for amount of stuff you get with the kit is crazy.
It's a rabbit hole. That $2500k will need much more in supporting mods to make it worth it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
No it won't. Supporting mods are done. At least according to my spreadsheet.
Same here. Well next week it'll be done. $25k in supporting mods to power a $2500 pure turbo laugh out loud.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Wait. What supporting mods are you talking about.
Well.. for starters

* Port ~$1.5+
* Trans ~$4k
* Axles $2k
* Fuel Pump $1.2k
* Drag Pack ~$2-3k
* Tune - $1.2k (Payn)
* Various shit you didn't know you need (odds and ends) 2k, $10 bucks at a time

I don't remember. There's a ton of shit. Check out that 'how much did you spend on your Supra mods' and my build thread (link in signature). I'm sitting right at $41k right now.

But sit tight, @Thraxbert will be here in a second to say you can do this for cheaper and Supra parts are too expensive.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Well.. for starters

* Port ~$1.5+
* Trans ~$4k
* Axles $2k
* Fuel Pump $1.2k
* Drag Pack ~$2-3k

I don't remember. There's a ton of shit. Check out that 'how much did you spend on your Supra mods' thread. I'm sitting right at $41k right now.
If we are talking about this turbo and it's guesstimated potential then the following parts will be needed on top to take advantage.

Cant forget the custom tune with dyno time and tuning the injectors/motive reflex $2500

Tans stage 1 ~+$3k on top of stage 0.
Driveshaft loop~ $500
Intake Manifold ~ $4k+
Heat exchanger ~ $1k-
Injectors/plugs ~ $1k+
Chargepipe optional
Flexfuel~ $500
Meth kit optional

I have a detailed excel spreadsheet with my parts not including labor spent.

Here's just the total:
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 2.01.12 PM.png

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If we are talking about this turbo and it's guesstimated potential then the following parts will be needed on top to take advantage.

Cant forget the custom tune with dyno time and tuning the injectors/motive reflex $2500

Tans stage 1 ~+$3k on top of stage 0.
Driveshaft loop~ $500
Intake Manifold ~ $4k+
Heat exchanger ~ $1k-
Injectors/plugs ~ $1k+
Chargepipe optional
Flexfuel~ $500
Meth kit optional

I have a detailed excel spreadsheet with my parts not including labor spent.

Here's just the total:
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 2.01.12 PM.png
Yeah, I have the same spreadsheet.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
@METAL, @zrk

My thought is what if someone wants to run up to the safe trans limit on pump gas

With that goal, it still seems like a better value than a Pure800. Am I missing something?

I agree that if you want to fully utilize the power it can make, there’s a lot of supporting mods, but what about those wanting a strong pump gas build without building the trans?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
@METAL, @zrk

My thought is what if someone wants to run up to the safe trans limit on pump gas

With that goal, it still seems like a better value than a Pure800. Am I missing something?

I agree that if you want to fully utilize the power it can make, there’s a lot of supporting mods, but what about those wanting a strong pump gas build without building the trans?
I can see justifying $2500+labor for 50hp. Is that your goal? Would be cheaper to just buy a DP and flex fuel kit.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@METAL, @zrk

I can see justifying $2500+labor for 50hp. Is that your goal? Would be cheaper to just buy a DP and flex fuel kit.
I don't agree with @METAL here. I still think the Remnant (pending results on a dyno, etc., etc), is the better bet than the Pure800. Even staying under 650 torque, you have room to grow and you have possibly better powerband than the 800. Definitely better than the stocker.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I don't agree with @METAL here. I still think the Remnant (pending results on a dyno, etc., etc), is the better bet than the Pure800. Even staying under 650 torque, you have room to grow and you have possibly better powerband than the 800. Definitely better than the stocker.
Don't get me wrong. I made no mention or comparison with Pure. This turbo is good value for 91/93 tuned or all out build. What I was saying though is DP and Flex should be ones priority before doing an upgraded turbo on pump gas.
Sponsored