PureTurbo requirments

HB_Supra_Man_

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra Gr Premium
Hey everyone i’m looking to install a pure800 turbo on the supra currently i’m running jb4 and a Titan motorsports downpipe I’m curious if the jb4 is ok to run with the pure800 or if you guys would recommend i get a actual ecu tune and if so were would everyone recommend getting it (currently located in california but not looking to follow the emissions just want a tuner close by)
Sponsored

Drew42025

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Hey everyone i’m looking to install a pure800 turbo on the supra currently i’m running jb4 and a Titan motorsports downpipe I’m curious if the jb4 is ok to run with the pure800 or if you guys would recommend i get a actual ecu tune and if so were would everyone recommend getting it (currently located in california but not looking to follow the emissions just want a tuner close by)
I haven’t done anything to my Supra yet, but if I were upgrading my turbo, I would definitely get a tune from Twisted Tuning, or some reputable tuner. I think Justin, from twisted tuning documented his progress and dyno results on these forums.

OP
OP
HB_Supra_Man_

HB_Supra_Man_

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra Gr Premium
I haven’t done anything to my Supra yet, but if I were upgrading my turbo, I would definitely get a tune from Twisted Tuning, or some reputable tuner. I think Justin, from twisted tuning documented his progress and dyno results on these forums.
Appreciate it will look into them!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
jb4 is okay; you might want to do a flash tune to get more from the turbo + a fuel pump (if needed). no other requirement but its recommended you upgrade your cooling parts to keep up with the boost increase

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
jb4 is okay; you might want to do a flash tune to get more from the turbo + a fuel pump (if needed). no other requirement but its recommended you upgrade your cooling parts to keep up with the boost increase
Exactly, heat exchanger and small meth spray to cool things down a bit as my tuner recommended

IAT's in my case (hot climate) reach 150-160F robbing a lot of power

OP
OP
HB_Supra_Man_

HB_Supra_Man_

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra Gr Premium
Currently I’m running map 2 on the Jb4 What Map would you recommend running with the big turbo?

JZSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Other ways to cool down besides meth that’s also efficient in cooling?

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
You will get a check engine light for a Pure 800. I would recommend getting a propper tune. As well sa the car will attempt to manage the boost but it might not be as responsive, and the car will lean heavily on the throttle to regulate the boost pressure.

As for a heat exchanger I am not using one at 700HP on E54 on my personal vehicle. I have one but haven't bothered putting it in. If you arent pushing the pure to the edge of the turbine capabilities then the air is more efficent and isn't blowing boiling hot water into the intercooler.

JZSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
That’s great. I’m trying to get an idea of some reliable numbers where I can daily the the car and not worry about reliability. Also just use 93. Seems like what I been finding is I can get about 500 reliable with pure turbo, down pipe, exhaust and tune with 93 or so I think..

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Seems like what I been finding is I can get about 500 reliable with pure turbo, down pipe, exhaust and tune with 93 or so I think..
If that's the case, that'd be disappointing. I'm getting that now with DP, intake and meth with 100 octane gas..

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Rubicon Diesel
All these HP numbers are going to be dyno dependant. look at the delta between stock and each mod to get a true idea of what each mod will gain you

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
If that's the case, that'd be disappointing. I'm getting that now with DP, intake and meth with 100 octane gas..
Yes, add that meth and race gas to a Pure upgraded car and your then pushing 600whp

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yea you are getting 500hHP on race gas. yet you are likely at 450-475 at redline. Vs the pure will hold 500HP 5,500 - 7,000 RPM on poor quality fuel. And capable of doing even more on premium fuel. So its not so disapointing when you consider it is only the cost of 300 gallons of race fuel.

Race fuel on a pure 800 would easliy break 650-725HP. Without cranking the turbine to 100% forcing the gate shut (on my dyno at least). Peak numbers only mean so much. If i remember tomorrow ill post the diference from my car showing 175HP peak difference but well past 200+ at redline.
Sponsored