Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
How are you guys keeping the front of your cars so nice? After just one season, the front of my supra is pitted pretty bad, just like my previous cars I have tracked.

Maybe I follow people too closely?

Ignore the splitter and canards as I literally just put them on right before these photos...
Oh, my bumper is NOT nice and pristine despite how the photo makes it look. My bumper has lots of rock chips and indentations with no PPF and my windshield looks like a sheet of billion stars when the sun shines through. Shes broken in for sure lol
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
This is great. Where are the vents from. As that may be be next on my list.
Been sitting on them all winter. Just ebay or something.
recurring theme but i am cheap... the cool Spage ones are stupid$$ took some muscle to get them to conform to curves.

standby and will look up in my emails...

edit: from Euro tuning
CJM Industries Fender Vents - Black Diamond

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
It is really nice that everyone is sharing pics and doing all this cool stuff to your cars. That us what it is all about enjoying and working on my them and having fun. Big boy toys! I see at least one new potential track addict jumped in, so if you are new do not be afraid to jump in with what ever your questions are as there is a lot of experience with these cars in this thread focused on track days! I will add if you have not tried a racing tear off you can as it does help on the windshield life. I got 2 years out of my stock one before I finally cracked it. Pro Auto tint sells bulk film. But it does take some practice to heat shrink with a heat gun to get it on without a few creases on the sides and top. I finally got it after about 4 of them. (Lol). If you try yourself start with one layer. Or 2 max as the 4 layer was way to hard as it really thick.

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Ill have to look into that. Thanks!

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Those plastic fenders make a great spot to smash if you are into that - drive around with them removed and you get a nice trace on the hood underside for where to cutout the vents

lO5C8Jq.jpg

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
That is where I got the vented fender as well.

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
423 hp on khumo v730. Dyno average is 420. No tune or additional boost.
So you are getting 420hp average on OEM tune/boost only? - what supporting mods?

My engine is stock only mods are race pipe/exhaust and I was only getting 385hp on stock tune/boost with/e25 - I need to use 20psi and e25 to get 430hp and stay cool enough on track

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I will add if you have not tried a racing tear off you can as it does help on the windshield life. I got 2 years out of my stock one before I finally cracked it. Pro Auto tint sells bulk film. But it does take some practice to heat shrink with a heat gun to get it on without a few creases on the sides and top. I finally got it after about 4 of them. (Lol). If you try yourself start with one layer. Or 2 max as the 4 layer was way to hard as it really thick.
I have cracked and replaced my OEM windshield. And already have some new chips on the replacement. I'll definitely look into that!! Or ask my PPF guy ;)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So you are getting 420hp average on OEM tune/boost only? - what supporting mods?
I had the same question, I think he is quoting in engine HP, not wheel. If wheel, I don't believe that for a minute. Dyno was probably on the moon or there is something he isn't telling us.

Somewhat same topic here. I was logging torque from the ECU while I was still untuned. If you understand the ECU logic, this should be pretty close to actual with OEM calibration. All bets are off once you tune the car though. Either way, was fun to see it in the logs. I even created a horsepower data item using math.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 1.15.45 PM.png

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have cracked and replaced my OEM windshield. And already have some new chips on the replacement. I'll definitely look into that!! Or ask my PPF guy ;)
I'm on my 4th windshield in 2 seasons. I do follow and overtake aggressively. These things are super thin!!!

I looked into exoshield. about$600 they guarantee no cracks EXCEPT THE RACETRACK :(

I live with cracks unless they are in field of vision. current crack is all over on the pass side- I don't even have a pass seat so Meh.
cheap- so last couple i don't even bother buying the one that works w head ups

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My understanding has always been we need to vent the fenders if there are no fender liners, as per most race cars. Is this not the case anymore? I see people removing and cutting fender liners in order to vent fenders. Seems like you're creating a problem to fix. Or am I mistaken and liners create turbulence?

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Here us the Dyno sheet. I do not think I thet. even look at crank hp on a NASA Dyno?

C984D2D3-6A7E-4FDE-BC27-724DC21A6599.jpeg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My understanding has always been we need to vent the fenders if there are no fender liners, as per most race cars. Is this not the case anymore? I see people removing and cutting fender liners in order to vent fenders. Seems like you're creating a problem to fix. Or am I mistaken and liners create turbulence?
We don’t have to anything besides brakes and fluid to track these fine bmws. All this rabbit hole crap is in the search of 1/10ths of seconds on the track- honestly
And
Because it’s fun race car nonsense

The wheel wells DO trap air with or with out a liner Do you need to cut up a perfectly good fender to be competitive and more important have fun? —- no

I am going to cut a big notch out of the rear bumper right behind the rear tires at some point too

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Here us the Dyno sheet. I do not think I thet. even look at crank hp on a NASA Dyno?

C984D2D3-6A7E-4FDE-BC27-724DC21A6599.jpeg
Let's make sure we are on the same page here. Are you saying your Supra is 100% untuned, total virgin OEM programmed ECU? If so, no piggyback either?

If so, that dyno is way off and it's not doing you any favors for classing.
Sponsored