Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Is 1 click off just turning off the traction control or?
As mentioned above, I can confirm, also: I hold down the button to turn off all safety stuff. Then I hit the traction control. That leaves VSC or whatever. The VSC allows as much slip angle as you could possibly need. If it's kicking in, you are too far gone to be going fast anyway. I find it hard to get these cars out of sorts to that point.
For driftoro, I turn the VSC off too.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Turn it all off and party šŸ¤˜šŸ¾šŸ¤˜šŸ¾

Got out to HPR again today, knocked 2 more seconds off my PB there and got into the 1:57s. Got some data and video to review and see how bad I'm still messing everything up. Car should be able to get in the 55s how it sits now with little issue, just gotta work on driver mod.

Another little issue I thought I'd gotten rid of popped up again this morning. Fast right hander in 5th, went to transition back to full throttle after clearing the curb, trans (or the car?) goes into safe mode. Indicator on the cluster still shows 5th, but car put itself in 8th I'm guessing and wouldn't let me manually select gears for a few seconds. Anyone else run into this? Only thing I can think of is it detected some slipping and protected itself. Was a little cool out this morning and didn't really warm the car up long before going out, just a couple minutes to get my helmet and stuff on and the outlap.
I toss the crap out of my car around a track but don't have any of that going on. I'm drifting turns, jumping curbs, you name it.

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
Is there someone who lost their verus diffuser on track, but still has the mounting hardware please? tossed mine after the rapid unexpected disassembly, but could now use them as the base for a diy project.

Last edited:

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
How are people strapping down their cars on a trailer? All the cars Iā€™ve ever hauled in the past either had slots in the frame that would allow me to use a T-Hook or Iā€™ve added tie downs like these (https://www.rennline.com/rennline-tie-downs-sku-e04/).

Personally I hate strapping cars down by the tires or wheels. When you tie down against the frame itā€™s very secure and you mostly immobilize the cars suspension.

Picture for attention.

5EA0BC46-42E9-4825-8EC0-041675CD8027.jpeg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I tie down using wheel straps. Why are you wanting to immobilize the car's suspension?

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Just got Eibach Sway bars installed. Im going to keep Front Bar Middle setting and rear on the softest setting to start off with. What are your settings for adjustable sways bars????

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just got Eibach Sway bars installed. Im going to keep Front Bar Middle setting and rear on the softest setting to start off with. What are your settings for adjustable sways bars????
Iā€™d go as stiff as you can tolerate. Just make sure you donā€™t skip around like a stone. So depending on your other parts (coilover settings), you may not want the stiffest settings. But in general, Iā€™d start stiff and you can always dial it down depending on your feel, other parts or wheel hop.

Have you done your free track day yet? Itā€™ll be fun to compare for sure with those sway bars! Congrats man

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Both full firm. But i am a nut and I like my car set up like an unforgiving go-cart.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Iā€™d go as stiff as you can tolerate. Just make sure you donā€™t skip around like a stone. So depending on your other parts (coilover settings), you may not want the stiffest settings. But in general, Iā€™d start stiff and you can always dial it down depending on your feel, other parts or wheel hop.

Have you done your free track day yet? Itā€™ll be fun to compare for sure with those sway bars! Congrats man
Have not done the free track day as of yet. But I have taken the car to a few HPDE events. One track that tests out the suspension is NYST like a rollercoaster ride šŸ˜œ
Length ā€“ 2.2 miles
Turns ā€“ 18
Elevation Change ā€“ 450 feet
Hills/Drops ā€“ 7

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just remember: some body roll is not always a bad thing. It can help with lateral Gs and save your tires. Though full-on stiff subjectively *feels* better and is great for autocross (slaloms).