First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Nope, 6 port is fine too.

20230710_174422.jpg

Although now that I look closer at it, looks like it does rub. About a 1/4" gap toward the bottom but not enough to where it won't rub. This is probably the rattle I hear every now and then.
Yes that is exactly where I saw it contact and I will pound it out and re-install.
Sponsored

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Nope, 6 port is fine too.

20230710_174422.jpg

Although now that I look closer at it, looks like it does rub. About a 1/4" gap toward the bottom but not enough to where it won't rub. This is probably the rattle I hear every now and then.
I pounded it flat in that area with a rubber mallet and now have a good inch or more. It makes no sense to remove it from a functional stand point.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I pounded it flat in that area with a rubber mallet and now have a good inch or more. It makes no sense to remove it from a functional stand point.
I'll do the same one of these days. Probably sooner than later haha. Need to get the resonator delete too.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Thought everyone might find this interesting, Doteki Auto solutions is developing an oil cooler kit for the A90 along with their LPF system to help fuel starve. If I remember correctly the LPF system is on sale but this is the first I've heard of the oil cooler kit
Screenshot_20230715_202903_Instagram.jpg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Does the LPF system completely cure fuel starvation? I only ask because next season I'm going to be on a much stickier tire.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Thought everyone might find this interesting, Doteki Auto solutions is developing an oil cooler kit for the A90 along with their LPF system to help fuel starve. If I remember correctly the LPF system is on sale but this is the first I've heard of the oil cooler kit
Not liking that they’re adding filter relocation kit with the coolers. Relocating the filter is adding more points of possible failure/leaks with all the extra connection points.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does the LPF system completely cure fuel starvation? I only ask because next season I'm going to be on a much stickier tire.
I think on their website it mentioned it was good down to like 15% of a tank? I'd have to check. But I do remember it saying they tested it below half tank and it worked.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not liking that they’re adding filter relocation kit with the coolers. Relocating the filter is adding more points of possible failure/leaks with all the extra connection points.
Very fair point, I feel like anytime I read about a sandwich plate or some sort of adapter there's always horror stories about leaks. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I think on their website it mentioned it was good down to like 15% of a tank? I'd have to check. But I do remember it saying they tested it below half tank and it worked.
I'll definitely look into this

ciccio90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR | Macan GTS | RR
+1 would also be interested.

Not to beat on a dead horse but this car really does rotate. I got off track last saturday for the first time I think in 10 years. The track was slick with the drizzle and a corvette that had dumped all 8L of oil on the racing line.

I do lap with VSC/TC fully off (long press) and I am running jb4/dp so the car is extra spicy. Doesn't help that I am on practically destroyed stock PSS. Hopefully once I install RE71rs, I can start getting into the throttle much earlier because anything over 50-60% throttle at this point results in oversteer.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
+1 would also be interested.

Not to beat on a dead horse but this car really does rotate. I got off track last saturday for the first time I think in 10 years. The track was slick with the drizzle and a corvette that had dumped all 8L of oil on the racing line.

I do lap with VSC/TC fully off (long press) and I am running jb4/dp so the car is extra spicy. Doesn't help that I am on practically destroyed stock PSS. Hopefully once I install RE71rs, I can start getting into the throttle much earlier because anything over 50-60% throttle at this point results in oversteer.
Not sure an RE71RS would be a great track day tire. Even at autocross they get greasy and lose speed after a couple runs on a hot day.

ciccio90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR | Macan GTS | RR
What would be an alternative then while lapping? I cant get Nankang CR-S in the sizes I'd like
Sponsored