Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Guff, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    So I saw in the news today that the 2nd to last Blockbuster Video closed. The last one is in Bend, OR. I'm going to try and convince thebwife to go on a road trip with me to the last Blockbuster after I get the A90. I figure what better way to give the car a good test than a 2600 mile road trip.

Also, Ashe was the manager of a Blockbuster down in SC when they closed, so I think she may enjoy it

Supra93 and Guff like this.
  2. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    I like how busy the forum has gotten as we get that much closer to launch

Supra93 and Guff like this.
  3. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 4Runner Off-Road, 2017 Mk7 Golf TSI, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4, 2020 AZW Supra on Order
    Liked:
    I noticed that, too. It was funny only last week the forum was pretty quiet. Since that press event, its been blowing up again.

4. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    I kinda hope it stays busy like this for a while. Getting information and having discussions and whatnot

Guff likes this.
  5. ichitaka05

ichitaka05 Moderator

Car(s):
    BRZ
    Liked:
    Just testing out few things to make sure it works before I don't fck it up big time lol
    dsc_0475.jpg

Guff likes this.
  6. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    No idea with 98% of the words, but I like it

Edit: ooo, just had a thought. Are they gknna GRMN all the models? That'd be awesome.

Also, I recognize that track from far too much Gran Turismo

7. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    Found this passage in a Jalopnik article on the A90 vs. 86, and thought it was both hilarious and sad (because true)

"Car enthusiasts are a deeply miserable lot, almost endemically unhappy about everything even when their preferred rides are safer, faster, better and more efficient than they’ve ever been. The Mazda Miata doesn’t have enough power. The Subaru WRX isn’t a hatchback anymore. The Nissan 370Z is old and the GT-R is too expensive. The Honda Civic Type R looks less like a car and more like something the Principality of Zeon invented to take down Amuro once and for all. The Dodge Challenger is full of ancient Mercedes-Benz parts. Nobody can see out of the Chevrolet Camaro. The Ford Mustang does murders sometimes."

8. rtoadyt

rtoadyt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Reto
    Car(s):
    None
    Liked:
    What are the chances Mitsubishi will revive Lancer Evolution? If RX9's hopeless, i6X9 will do(?). Subaru, when will they level up? Next gen WRX STi, is it even in development? Nissan's stuck with their dated R35, when will R36 come in?

JDM better be making a glorious comeback. Felt that boom of golden days JDM for brief time, the world could use another JDM boom. In the world of complex, measured to perfection, sports cars full of spoils, aids and gimmicks, the JDM would change the game. Loved it that Tada-San mentioned "a90's a car of your own, do what you may, it is YOUR supra, modify it, tune it, personalize it". This has always been the charm of JDM, the reason to fall in love with it (ik it sounds cheesy but u get the point). I know no other manufacturer as of this current time that does this. "Your car as a platform to create your very own masterpiece". Tada, whomever else made the A90, I respect them all. They followed the tradition, heritage, culture, principle. Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Honda, you all better be taking notes.

Random meme
    |
    |
    V

Everyone: so here's the perfect car
    Owners & tuners: hmm..
    Everyone: No.
    Owners & tuners: oh well.. *shrugs*

Toyota: So here's an affordable sports car
    Internet: *breaks*
    Owners & tuners: hmm..
    Toyota: Yes.
    Owners & tuners: *not used to & confused*
    Also owners & tuners: *opens everything and checks out*
    The actual car: I'm all yours, do whatever you want
    Toyoda: Without the Supra, I couldn't be a master driver
    The actual car: hold my aftermarket ready body daddy
    The internet: *breaks*
    Everyone else: ........?
    Time, the car, the tuners: yes.

123vasakate6 likes this.
  9. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    I'd love to see Mitsu revive the 3000GT. With current tech, it coukd be an awesome car.

Nissan could make the IDX (I loved how that thing looked)

Mazda could use this new I6 they're making for a new Mazdaspeed 6.

So much potential that we could see in the automotive world, and that enthusiasts would rave over. If only there were more of us to inspire these companies to actually make these cars.