Range 0 mi. please refuel

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Just turned it on this morning and gave me this message. (It does have more than half a tank)
Anyone had this before?
20210501_103224.jpg
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
No, but sounds like my son.. Does your car start at least?

OP
OP
lando1432

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, but sounds like my son.. Does your car start at least?
Yes it starts up also got this notification. (I only have 1160 miles)
20210501_103946_HDR.jpg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Dang.. sounds like a good time to have the dealer do a warranty repair or diagnostics. If that was my car, I would unplug the battery and let it sit for a few hours and see if it can reset itself. Keep the truck open however while battery is disconnected.

I wonder if your battery voltage/CCA is too low.. even if it started.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Dang.. sounds like a good time to have the dealer do a warranty repair or diagnostics. If that was my car, I would unplug the battery and let it sit for a few hours and see if it can reset itself. Keep the truck open however while battery is disconnected.

I wonder if your battery voltage/CCA is too low.. even if it started.
Agreed - I would not rule out a battery issue (though you should get a message on the dash to replace it if it is low). But best thing is to take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.

OP
OP
lando1432

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Already took it in.. Let's see what it is hopefully by MONDAY I'll have my car back.. ?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Yes it starts up also got this notification. (I only have 1160 miles)
20210501_103946_HDR.jpg
I had the service warnings go off also when this first happened to me. I realized the clock glitched and the time changed. Along with the year. I unchecked and rechecked the time sync and the service warnings went away. It was just saying I was overdue for service because the date and time had magically changed in its own. The fuel range never went away though.

Last edited:

mlevere1988

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
I had the service warnings go off also when this first happened to me. I realized the clock glitched and the time changed. Along with the year. I unchecked and rechecked the time sync and the service warnings went away. It was just saying I was overdue for service because the date and time had magically changed in its own. The fuel range never went away though.
I got this same message his too this morning. At least a half a tank. I was able to get all of the messages to go away except the low fuel warning. Did you ever get yours fixed?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I got this same message his too this morning. At least a half a tank. I was able to get all of the messages to go away except the low fuel warning. Did you ever get yours fixed?
Yeah for the range, I just disconnected the battery and reconnected a few mins later and it corrected itself. The range showed 0 again a few weeks later. I gave it a week to see if it would magically heal, and it didn't, so I just did the battery disconnect again and it went back to normal. Its been fine ever since. I caulked it up as a quirk of the car lol.

EthanMkV

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
did you fix that problem? would be appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve that bug :(

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
did you fix that problem? would be appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve that bug :(
I had this happen shortly after I got my car. Just went to the dealer and they fixed it with Ista. Some “weird” value got stored in that parameter some how, they said. Been over 12000 miles never had the issue come back.
Sponsored