Rant: Dealership Oil Change

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Just starting a thread so I can rant about my local dealership. I went to the dealer because they said I still have free oil changes. My plan was to use those until they're done, and then I'll switch to FCP Euro and do my own. I drive up to the dealership first thing in the morning, and they tell me that the change is $350. I mentioned that the appointment was made because the service person told me I still had a free change , but also that wtf is that price. They said that is the price I will find everywhere for the Supra. WHO TF CHARGES $350. Needless to say I walked out and will never go back to those scammers.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I never took my Supra for the free oil change - when it comes to these cars the further you are from a Toyota dealership, the better you are.

You are lucky you learned the easy way.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
$350? Did they at least offered up a bottle of lube?
Stealerships will do what stealerships do

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Two local ones here. One told me $250 or $243 to buy the stuff from them to do it myself. The other said $160 or $110 for the materials.
I was so annoyed I bought Quickjacks and the oil and did it myself. Lol

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I just ordered a kit to change mine out coming up soon here and it was like $80 with shipping from fcpeuro. That includes filter/oil everything

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
dealers mark up parts. nothing new going on. the parts dept probably has bigger markup for gr supra related parts than standard toyotas. i doubt they're getting you on labor rate as that's pretty much by the book.

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
The price is pretty much the same in Germany, they wanted 350€ and 250€ for the spark plugs.

but the best thing is they wanted 750€ for changing the brake pads lol.

needless to say I did it myself and saved a lot of money 😎

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Just starting a thread so I can rant about my local dealership. I went to the dealer because they said I still have free oil changes. My plan was to use those until they're done, and then I'll switch to FCP Euro and do my own. I drive up to the dealership first thing in the morning, and they tell me that the change is $350. I mentioned that the appointment was made because the service person told me I still had a free change , but also that wtf is that price. They said that is the price I will find everywhere for the Supra. WHO TF CHARGES $350. Needless to say I walked out and will never go back to those scammers.
Aren't the free oil changes for 2 years from the date of purchase of a new Toyota? If you have a Supra older than a 2022, you're not qualified, right? Or am I missing something.
By the way, a dealership in this county charges $80 for a quart of diff fluid.

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
My car has never seen the Dealership again. I do the oil changes myself every 3k miles only use AMSOIL 5w30

IMG-20240308-WA0031.jpeg
Sponsored