Razorlab - 2020 LE build thread

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This is going to start off boring but I wanted to start this thread to help motivate me to finally start this build.

I bought a very gently/barely used 2020 white Launch Edition in November 2021 after trying but failing miserably to find a white 21/22 Supra that didn't have a crazy markup. I found this a couple of states over in Ohio with only 1,200 miles on it and it still had factory plastic protection film all over the interior. I had the car shipped to me in New York and went over every inch of the car and it was immaculate. The car must have just sat in storage the last couple of years. The tires didn't even look like the car had driven anything other than in a straight line.

Five minutes after it came off the transport truck:

IMG_3928.jpeg

So... What kind of build is this going to be? I bought the Supra to be my new track day fun car. I've been building, tuning, and tracking Evos for almost twenty years. I was ready to try a totally new platform that was built from the ground up as a sports car, and RWD. So, enter the Supra.

It's still snowy and cold here in New York so I have been less motivated to install things so the Supra is currently stock, but I have a pile of parts to go on and will document all installs in this thread, plus all my track days coming up in the spring and summer as I learn a new platform.

Currently sitting in the garage waiting for good weather. Yes, I still have my Evo too :)

IMG_3934.jpeg

Current list of modifications ready to go on the car:

MCS 2WNR coilovers
RS-R EDC Cancellers
Vorshlag camber plates
Enkei GTC02 18x10.5
Conti Force Tires 295/30/18
SPL rear toe arms with lockouts
SPL rear traction links
SPL Front Lower Control Arms
SPL Bumpsteer Tie Rod Ends
Endless RF 650 brake fluid
PMU Club Racer Pads F/R
Verus Master Cylinder Brace
Verus Diff cooling plate
Verus Turbo Shield
AMS wind deflectors
Ebay Rear spoiler
Sparco Evo QRT seat
Bride seat base
Schroth harness
Cusco harness bar
EVS Tow hook

This will be updated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Slowing getting the Supra ready for track season.

While doing some research on good alignment shops, I found out there are none very close to my new place of residence. I then decided to finally invest in a good string alignment setup.

This was surprisingly pretty easy to setup and use. The most tedious part is lowering the car down, driving it back and then forward to settle the suspension and then take measurements again. Luckily this setup is mounted on the car so you don’t have to reset it every time.

This is also the first car I have owned that had jack points so low. Even with my very modest .5” lower set height, I can’t get my quickjacks under the car without driving the car up some ramps and wooden blocks.

So, now I have the coilovers fully installed with SPL rear toe bars, rear traction bars, front lower camber arms and bumpsteer bits, and the ride height and alignment all done. I have a track event next Friday. Looks like the weather should be mid to high fifties. Currently showing rain so crossing my fingers that changes. It’s currently snowing with about 3” on the ground. ?

014FA8D2-5FED-4432-B99D-8A51BCCF78DC.jpeg

E9C44DE1-D18C-41D0-AF3F-3E3221D3F366.jpeg

91485F54-F3A7-4AA5-B803-303FB127376B.jpeg

4A217065-8FEF-4EE3-840C-88135931D381.jpeg

EC068172-32BD-4E49-919A-CE48550FA44C.jpeg

B31B6E6B-C6B5-4257-B80D-C984EF3312B8.jpeg

CF56DE47-8884-4571-8BCB-242491029482.jpeg

216B624F-1E5B-4F76-B12A-7274137853DF.jpeg

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
Great work on the alignment set up.
So MCS are a true rear coilover?

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
First track day with the Supra was this weekend at Lime Rock. First time to this track for me. Wet, rainy and cold all day. Couldn't get any heat in the tires so the car was all over the place. Lots of cars going off track, some hitting armcos and tire walls so I just stayed safe and worked on learning the track and feeling the car out.

Looking forward to a dryer and warmer track day to really see how the car feels. Soon!

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Been slacking on updating this thread.

I've done a couple more track days. Another one at Lime Rock Park, which was just as wet as the first. Rain all day.

Then finally a dry track day, although cold at 32-45F, at Palmer Motorsports Park, which is probably the most amazing and scary track I have been on.

Car feels pretty good. Waiting for a warmer track day to really get a better understanding on how the car is setup.

Enjoy more photos for now.

ToyotaSupra(16)_small.jpg

ToyotaSupra(20)_small.jpg

277742720_10221493911041729_3871292887722714419_n.jpeg

IMG_4478.jpeg

Attachments

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm posting more on youtube and the supra track facebook group if people care.

I generally have moved on from this forum as most posts are about car bowling, photos of a car in a garage or questions like it's the first car they have ever owned.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I'm posting more on youtube and the supra track facebook group if people care.

I generally have moved on from this forum as most posts are about car bowling, photos of a car in a garage or questions like it's the first car they have ever owned.
I'm genuinely curious what Car Bowling is??

I still enjoy browsing the for sale sections and checking out updates on peoples car. But I do agree to an extent. (I was also wrongfully banned on FB so I can't be a part of those groups though)

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm genuinely curious what Car Bowling is??

I still enjoy browsing the for sale sections and checking out updates on peoples car. But I do agree to an extent. (I was also wrongfully banned on FB so I can't be a part of those groups though)
Yeah, a half a second google doesn't help me with Car Bowling either.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Props for the Schroth harness. I never see these anymore. Had a pair of 'em in a '96 GTI VR6 I tracked and they were great even back then. I hope they're still putting out a good product!