Red Toyota FT-1 Concept at Various Auto Shows & Events

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
Still making its rounds in the auto shows is a good sign. I think they are just biding their time until Tokyo.

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
Also appearing at the Chicago show which just started today. Definitely shows commitment on Toyota's part to this car I think.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Really hope that active wing spoiler stays for production. Usually only seen on exotic level sports cars.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Looks great as usual :) Thanks for the coverage from all the shows. Amazing that Toyota has managed to bring the concept to each auto show.
And FT-1 hasn't just showed up at the major auto shows, but also the smaller ones too. I wonder if Toyota is still gather feedback on the design or if they're just trying to keep it in people's thoughts so they can keep building up even more anticipation?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The FT-1 concept has one like the one on the LFA. The RC-F is a bit different and I'm sure its not as expensive or as complex. Besides from one of the review videos I watched, there is no official proof Lexus has provided confirming the RC-F spoiler provides additional downforce. So it's more for show than actual use.

JonMon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cars
Speaking of the wing, I love how it's a 2 part actuating process when deployed. It not only rises up from the trunk but then also tilts for a better angle at the end of the actuation.

Here it is in action. Imagine seeing that go up on the road :love:

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Chicago auto show winds down at mccormick place

CHICAGO (WLS) -- After more than a week at McCormick Place, of the Chicago Auto Show is wrapping up Sunday night.

Whether you were looking for some of the hot cars, the cool concept cars or something in between, it was there, but not for much longer.

They came to see the cars and thousands braved long lines on the last day of the 2015 Chicago Auto Show on Sunday.

Organizers said that although the show is day shorter than last year, attendance for this year's nine-day event is up 20 percent, possibly making it the best since 2008.

"Our attendees will spend four hours here digesting the million square feet of this show because there's just so many fun things to do for everybody," said Mark Bilek, Chicago Auto Show.

This year, the focus was on not just the auto enthusiast, but the car buyer.

Despite a two-hour wait, Jeep's test track was popular draw.

The show's celebration of the automobile also allowed to public to vote for the best of the show. The BMW I-8 topped the green category, the Toyota FT-1 was the number one concept vehicle, and Ford captured the new production, best exhibit, and most popular.

"America's love affair with the Mustang, it'll never end," said Ron Harris, Metro Ford.

That was the case for 10-year old Jonathan Dotson.

"I want to come back next year because I want to see some cars," he said.

The show ends when the doors close at 8 p.m.
http://abc7chicago.com/automotive/chicago-auto-show-winds-down-at-mccormick-place/529021/

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
Why don't Cadillac make Elmiraj? That's the most luxurious looking boat I've seen out of all mainstream luxury brands.

FT1freddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S
Best description of the interior I've seen. So cool that it's a fully working interior, display, gauges. The digital graphics looks good.

And yea that's what the Supra is to me too - a "superhero" car like he says :)