Registration fees - what state has it the worst?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I think its about 50 bucks for the year. Those are some high ass registration fees you all got..
That's because Jersey's property taxes are one of the highest in the nation...
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just renewed in AZ in dec for the first time since buying.
$806
Wow...what was your first year (initial purchase registration fee) then? My 1st "renewal" was $667

Btw...I'm in Tucson area as well up at Dove Mountain...

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ahhh, lovely Kalifornia, dont u just wanna move there?
Well... I'm guessing since California is the most populated state in the US, then... yeah people do want to move here. :p

Price you gotta pay to live in a sunshine state without having to worry about condos collapsing on people... like in... Florida..? :eek:

Hahaha, this was all in jest. Don't take it for real :p

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well... I'm guessing since California is the most populated state in the US, then... yeah people do want to move here. :p

Price you gotta pay to live in a sunshine state without having to worry about condos collapsing on people... like in... Florida..? :eek:

Hahaha, this was all in jest. Don't take it for real :p
You forgot Florida also has oppressive humidity, crazy azz rednecks, and bugs...no thanks...ha! j/k...maybe

btw...I used to live in SoCal which I loved...Recently moved to SoAZ for lower property taxes, cost of living, and far less traffic...Funny though the 1st registration here was same as CA...But after the first year our registration decreases dramatically each year afterwards!

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Wow...what was your first year (initial purchase registration fee) then? My 1st "renewal" was $667

Btw...I'm in Tucson area as well up at Dove Mountain...
i wanna say initial registration at purchase was around like $980 or something. I’m in city, wonder if that matters for some reason.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i wanna say initial registration at purchase was around like $980 or something. I’m in city, wonder if that matters for some reason.
That's fairly close to what I paid my first as well

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
That's fairly close to what I paid my first as well
Wonder if your registration is cheaper being outside of city limits, cause it’s substantially cheaper than mine was ?. lucky.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I am surprised AZ is higher than CA for the first year! I have 3 cars registered in AZ (Mohave Valley) and I think I pay something like $175 per year for all 3 combined. I really thought the Supra was going to be like that too but guess not. Did you AZ guys get to see what 5 year reg was? I cant imagine it was cheap!

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if your registration is cheaper being outside of city limits, cause it’s substantially cheaper than mine was ?. lucky.
It just dawned on me that $667 is actually my 2nd renewal ...I purchased my Supra in 2019...should continue to go down each year

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I finally got my first registration renewal bill in the mail today. About what I expected. Seeing that the fees (at least here in ca) have nothing to do with credit, driving record or being male or female, I am curious to see what states are worse.

So ya, mine ended up at $602 for one year. Who has that beat? To make me feel a bit better, please post up if you have other yearly fees like an inspection or smog as I don't have those.
I may win here. TN for a standard plate renewal is $58. I have a special plate that is $65 to renew.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I am surprised AZ is higher than CA for the first year! I have 3 cars registered in AZ (Mohave Valley) and I think I pay something like $175 per year for all 3 combined. I really thought the Supra was going to be like that too but guess not. Did you AZ guys get to see what 5 year reg was? I cant imagine it was cheap!
As far as I saw they only offer 2 yrs. For $14XX.XX

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
It just dawned on me that $667 is actually my 2nd renewal ...I purchased my Supra in 2019...should continue to go down each year
That makes way more sense. I was assuming next year would be sub $700 like you’re paying.
Sponsored