Remove mirrorshroud 4 Mirrortap

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Anyone have a video or instructions on how exactly to remove the mirrorshroud so I can do a mirror tap. I saw a video but the person didn't how how to remove it. And if you have a photo of exactly where to place the mirror tap pins that would be awesome!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I used these two videos for my R3 mirror tap:

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sooo... Need a little more help. This is what I'm faced with with the rainshroud. I pressed and pressed until my face was blue. It won't come apart. Need some suggestions please. I tried to pry it apart but didn't want to break anything.
IMG_0710.jpg

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Sooo... Need a little more help. This is what I'm faced with with the rainshroud. I pressed and pressed until my face was blue. It won't come apart. Need some suggestions please. I tried to pry it apart but didn't want to break anything.
IMG_0710.jpg
If i recall correctly, I used a trim removal tool on the bottom side of that cover. Once you get a good gap in between them, you gotta use a good amount of force

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If i recall correctly, I used a trim removal tool on the bottom side of that cover. Once you get a good gap in between them, you gotta use a good amount of force
Thanks. Didn't happen to make a video, did ya? 😁

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OK, got the shroud off but I can't get the connector out. Can't remove mirror that is solid. What's the trick in removing the connector? Thanks. I've had to go thru this with every new car and it's such a pain in the ass.
Man, this is so frustrating. The video doesn't show how to remove the pink connector.
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0715.jpg

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I just stuck my mirror tap prongs into the pink harness. I didn't bother unplugging it.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OK, jeez Louise. Finally got it. I have a Valentine connected. This is supposed to auto shut off, right? So far it's still on. Thanks for all the help.

Instead of starting another thread I'll ask here. I picked up my car yesterday and set most everything up. First thing I set up with my memory seat 1 and 2. Today when I went out to the car none of the memory settings worked. I had to redo everything. Wondering what happened.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My detector does not turn off. In fact, nothing plugged into the cigarette lighter or USB port ever turns off.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My detector does not turn off. In fact, nothing plugged into the cigarette lighter or USB port ever turns off.
Even after 7 minutes when the car fully shuts down? I have my Valentine tapped into fuse 47 in the front panel and my dash cam tapped into the rear DC fuse and everything shuts down after the standard 7 minute post shut down delay. IIRC, there is a constant hot connection in the mirror but the usb and DC/Cig plug should all shut down after 7 minutes

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Valentine is mirror tapped. The other plugs never shut off.