PSA: 6MT owners remove your CDV

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I've read just about every CDV thread I could find and I was about to just pull the trigger on a new clutch slave cylinder from BMW.. but after speaking to an experienced BMW tuner, I'm not sure it'll fix my issue.

The only issue I'm trying to fix is the inconsistent, 1 to 2 gear shift.

He reckons in BMWs it's more about the way the throttle is mapped and ECU interference than the actual CDV negatively affecting the changes.

🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
The only issue I'm trying to fix is the inconsistent, 1 to 2 gear shift.
🤷‍♂️
It will 100% fix that.

If you don't want to spend the money on a new slave cylinder, just take the delay valve out. You can always put it back as long as you don't damage it.

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23
I have just ordered replacement part.
I need some kind of tutorial on how to replace the CDV..

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have just ordered replacement part.
I need some kind of tutorial on how to replace the CDV..
The link to the guide has already been posted in this thread. Or just search for it.

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23
The link to the guide has already been posted in this thread. Or just search for it.
Thanks Steve.

I have gone thru it. However it is still not clear to me.
Esp. post replacement CDV what needs to be done?

Appreciate any help.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Steve.

I have gone thru it. However it is still not clear to me.
Esp. post replacement CDV what needs to be done?

Appreciate any help.
All that needs to be done after is bleed the clutch to remove any air that got into the line in the process of removing the CDV. This should cover it.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Chances are you folks are not applying sufficient light throttle while engaging the clutch, just enough to support the flywheel's momentum while the rpm is dropping.

I've read about something very similar in Golf-R forums where they removed the little valve thing (and BESTEST MOD EVAR!), but my car has that on there still and my shifts are totally smooth. :crazy: Just need to get use to it.

Then you got idiots crying the STI is hard to shift smoothly.. BS man.. you just suck.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Chances are you folks are not applying sufficient light throttle while engaging the clutch, just enough to support the flywheel's momentum while the rpm is dropping.

I've read about something very similar in Golf-R forums where they removed the little valve thing (and BESTEST MOD EVAR!), but my car has that on there still and my shifts are totally smooth. :crazy: Just need to get use to it.

Then you got idiots crying the STI is hard to shift smoothly.. BS man.. you just suck.
I'm pretty smooth with the CDV in there too, but switching between the Supra and my GTI with a stiff/direct-feeling stage 2 clutch can be challenging to get used to. Just makes the Supra seem vague, but I can make it work.

Hasn't really bothered me enough to do the delete.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Ever notice how the only people doubting how much of a difference it makes are the ones who have no direct experience with the car before and after removal?

It's really simple. The car drives far better with it removed.
Sponsored