Sponsored

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I got the airbag out of the wheel but I cannot get this clip undone to full disconnect it. Anybody have any advice??

B8CF3214-D455-409D-9F40-CC563B7FFDD9.jpeg

I had the same issue. I was able to remove it eventually in a way, but if you're going to do that, I would do it with caution.

There's a part in the clip where it should simply be press and pull, but clearly that's not the case. I used some vice grips to press that area and pulled lightly. If the vice wasn't tight enough, I would add 1/8 of a turn and try again until it would come out. Don't over tighten or you'll crush the clip.

Maybe there's a better way to do it, but at least this method worked for me with my available toolset.

tvnguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got the airbag out of the wheel but I cannot get this clip undone to full disconnect it. Anybody have any advice??

B8CF3214-D455-409D-9F40-CC563B7FFDD9.jpeg
You need to depress the pin with either a screwdriver or pick tool and pull the connectors apart

john99teg

First Name
johnreb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a91 nocturnal special edition
So when we disconnect battery for airbag, do we lose settings including my bimmercode settings?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So when we disconnect battery for airbag, do we lose settings including my bimmercode settings?
Bimmercode settings stay. I think you may lose your number button presets and a few other things though, but nothing that you have coded gets lost.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Maybe and no. You’re “supposed” to lose any presets you have programmed to the 8 buttons, the stereo equalizer, etc., however I didn’t lose anything the past two times. My battery tender may have something to do with that, no idea. But no, you will not lose BimmerCode settings.

john99teg

First Name
johnreb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a91 nocturnal special edition
Maybe and no. You’re “supposed” to lose any presets you have programmed to the 8 buttons, the stereo equalizer, etc., however I didn’t lose anything the past two times. My battery tender may have something to do with that, no idea. But no, you will not lose BimmerCode settings.
Lol your battery tender is acting like a second battery source. Definitely keeping your modules awake and alive. Be careful with srs and live voltage!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Lol your battery tender is acting like a second battery source. Definitely keeping your modules awake and alive. Be careful with srs and live voltage!
Oh shit! Can’t believe I didn’t think of something that obvious. Damn. Last time I do that.