Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno if Im confused but both EU/US lights have 3 male pins, my guess is that EU harness plug has 3 females to engage while we have 2 which (I confirmed) physically
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dunno if Im confused but both EU/US lights have 3 male plugs, my guess is that EU harness plug has 3 females to engage while we have 2 which (I confirmed) physically
Yes, 3 pins. In the EU part, 2 are for 12V and one is for ground. In the EU part, one 12V pin is for the reverse lights, and the other is for the fog lights. @Evoh posted the pinout for that above. I suspect that the 12V pin for the fog portion does nothing on the US part (hence no corresponding female connector in the harness plug). They just use the same connector module in both because it's cheaper than making different plug connectors.

Again, best way to know for sure is to apply 12V power to the pins on the US part and see what lights up.

Last edited:

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Again, best way to know for sure is to apply 12V power to the pins on the US part and see what lights up.
I plan to try that tomorrow but I also suspect the fog light pin on the US part will do nothing. I doubt is has both red and white LED's.

The hardest part will be figuring out how to wire up the tail light 12V to the fog light pin of the EU part especially if the existing harness does not have a wire for that pin.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I plan to try that tomorrow but I also suspect the fog light pin on the US part will do nothing. I doubt is has both red and white LED's.

The hardest part will be figuring out how to wire up the tail light 12V to the fog light pin of the EU part especially if the existing harness does not have a wire for that pin.
Definitely keep us posted!! Yeah, it's going to require some wire splicing to get that 12V fog pin connected to the brake output.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would it be as easy as to tap into the 12v power wire going to one of the rear brakelights while installing another female plug on the plug itself?

If so best route would be to cut the plug and have someone install that female in there etc? And then reconnect everything? I know all of those plugs require special tools in order to be serviced without damaging them though and I dont have those tools :(

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The install in complete!

bFINSkI.jpg

5Fj7i5k.jpg

I also tried applying 12V to the rear fog pin on the original light and nothing lights up as expected.

This is what the plug looks like. As you can see there are no metal contacts where the rear fog light pin goes in. It was also plugged up on the other side with a rubber piece that I reused later. What I did was solder a wire(green/yellow) to the rear fog light pin and drill out a hole in the connector so the wire can go though. This way, it can still be plugged in normally. Hopefully the pictures can show what I mean. I made a hole through the rubber piece so the wire can go through and put the rubber piece back in so prevent moisture from getting in.

3OBhi3J.jpg

ljKxLHI.jpg

tpGj4YZ.jpg

L1qap59.jpg

I tapped the green/yellow wire to both the tail light and the third brake light wire. You can't tap it into the regular brake lights since that also acts as your signal light. You could tap it to only the third brake light but I wanted it to also be on when the headlights are on. I also needed to install a diode so the tail light does not also light up the third brake light since they are all connected now.

The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it.

M4VTg9R.jpg

uriq7Ai.jpg

The tail light is the grey/yellow wire. I tapped into it in the bundle of wires near the fuse box. This is also where I will install the diode.

O3zdt5g.jpg

EFY0h1Y.jpg

There is also a rubber grommet in the rear of the trunk there you can route the wire through by just poking a hole in it. It leads the the back of the rear fog light.

BahV6rG.jpg

Hope this helps!

Update:

I later found out that I needed to add another diode because when activating the brake light, it would also light up the horizontal light on the right taillight. You can see it in the first photo.

Here is how I have it currently wired up. I also added a 10watt 100ohm resistor that is optional so that the rear fog is dim when the headlights are on and bright when I brake.

rear fog wiring.png

Last edited:

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The install in complete!

bFINSkI.jpg

5Fj7i5k.jpg

I also tried applying 12V to the rear fog pin on the original light and nothing lights up as expected.

This is what the plug looks like. As you can see there are no metal contacts where the rear fog light pin goes in. It was also plugged up on the other side with a rubber piece that I reused later. What I did was solder a wire(green/yellow) to the rear fog light pin and drill out a hole in the connector so the wire can go though. This way, it can still be plugged in normally. Hopefully the pictures can show what I mean. I made a hole through the rubber piece so the wire can go through and put the rubber piece back in so prevent moisture from getting in.

3OBhi3J.jpg

ljKxLHI.jpg

tpGj4YZ.jpg

L1qap59.jpg

I tapped the green/yellow wire to both the tail light and the third brake light wire. You can't tap it into the regular brake lights since that also acts as your signal light. You could tap it to only the third brake light but I wanted it to also be on when the headlights are on. I also needed to install a diode so the tail light does not also light up the third brake light since they are all connected now.

The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it.

M4VTg9R.jpg

uriq7Ai.jpg

The tail light is the grey/yellow wire. I tapped into it in the bundle of wires near the fuse box. This is also where I will install the diode.

O3zdt5g.jpg

View attachment 31127

There is also a rubber grommet in the rear of the trunk there you can route the wire through by just poking a hole in it. It leads the the back of the rear fog light.

View attachment 31128

Hope this helps!
OMG Broo thanksssssss , one small favor, please give me more clarity on this "The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it. I dont have it clear were I can get to this cable and Im not good enough in electrical to shoot for the same install you did, although is what I would prefer but I will settle with it working with the brake light.

CalvinL

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
Oh WOW! that is lovely.
Now for the request for the flashing capability initially when braking like the F1 cars. Possible?

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OMG Broo thanksssssss , one small favor, please give me more clarity on this "The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it. I dont have it clear were I can get to this cable and Im not good enough in electrical to shoot for the same install you did, although is what I would prefer but I will settle with it working with the brake light.
Sorry, the picture isn't very clear. This guide does a good job of how to get under the headliner: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/blackvue-dr900s-2ch-install-diy.4921/

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Oh WOW! that is lovely.
Now for the request for the flashing capability initially when braking like the F1 cars. Possible?
There is a module called Kahtec that will make any circuit flash but you just have to find where it can be applied.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Now we just need to see a video of this mod in action.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any access to the 3rd brake (red/black)cable next to the fuse box, so we dont have to reroute a cable from the top?I know in some cars the cables change colors along the way. It doesnt hurt to ask right! ;)

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there any access to the 3rd brake (red/black)cable next to the fuse box, so we dont have to reroute a cable from the top?I know in some cars the cables change colors along the way. It doesnt hurt to ask right! ;)
It looked like that cable was leading to the front of the car so I assume it goes to the fuse box under the passenger seat.

sphinx000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Lexus IS 350 F-sport rwd
The install in complete!

bFINSkI.jpg

5Fj7i5k.jpg

3OBhi3J.jpg

ljKxLHI.jpg

tpGj4YZ.jpg

L1qap59.jpg

M4VTg9R.jpg

uriq7Ai.jpg

O3zdt5g.jpg

EFY0h1Y.jpg

BahV6rG.jpg

Hope this helps!
Question!
Why do you need to tap into the both tail light and 3rd brake light? Is the red LEDs capable to light up brighter when brakes are applied? I thought the red fog leds only light up and that's it, it doesn't go brighter when u brake does it? If it doesn't go brighter than tapping it to the taillights only is enough no? Could use some more clarifications :) but thnx for this info!

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Question!
Why do you need to tap into the both tail light and 3rd brake light? Is the red LEDs capable to light up brighter when brakes are applied? I thought the red fog leds only light up and that's it, it doesn't go brighter when u brake does it? If it doesn't go brighter than tapping it to the taillights only is enough no? Could use some more clarifications :) but thnx for this info!
The tail/brake lights(the triangular shaped LED) also function as the turn signals. If I tap into either the left or right brake light, the rear fog light would also blink when I signal left or right. I think there is a module somewhere controlling this light.

I tapped into the line shaped LED that only functions as a tail light. The way I have it, the red LEDs would function as a brake light during the day. But when the headlight are on, they are just the rear fog lights. Applying the brakes when it is already on does not make it brighter.

I you only want it to function as a rear fog light OR a brake light then you only need the tap into one of the lines. Hope this helps.
Sponsored