Reverse light into 4th Brake light?

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Hi all, sorry to revive this old thread.
I love the OEM rear fog light like Europe.
Just a question, one of you guys said that we’d just need to add a wire to the fog assembly. The one that you also provided a part number for.
Can anyone tell me what wire would that be and also if it would be plug and play?
I’m not really a fan of the OLM one and would love to get the Oem one to work, only for the fog light function!
Best
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just a question, one of you guys said that we’d just need to add a wire to the fog assembly. The one that you also provided a part number for.
Can anyone tell me what wire would that be and also if it would be plug and play?
I’m not really a fan of the OLM one and would love to get the Oem one to work, only for the fog light function!
Best
Something like this:

ckingho

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Best
Not sure if anyone has wired it just as a fog where you can click the switch on the light panel to turn it on.

However, I know there are some members who have wired it so that the section which is normally used as a fog light to be used as a brake light instead. I made a wiring diagram of how it would look like because I'm in the middle of getting this installed myself.

Hope this helps if you plan on using the OEM Euro lights.
Wiring diagram.png

SupremeLeaderGD

First Name
Goldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Not sure if anyone has wired it just as a fog where you can click the switch on the light panel to turn it on.

However, I know there are some members who have wired it so that the section which is normally used as a fog light to be used as a brake light instead. I made a wiring diagram of how it would look like because I'm in the middle of getting this installed myself.

Hope this helps if you plan on using the OEM Euro lights.
Wiring diagram.png
I had mine wired exactly like this diagram so it only turns on as a 4th brake light. Got a small flat pin connector, soldered a 20awg wire to it, and tapped into 3rd brake light. Sorry bad picture.

4FDE87FF-91BB-429F-98AD-187596A25A44.jpg

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
What's the part number? And can we just swap harness?
No harness to swap that was everyone's 1st question,EU part number is the same it just ends in 2 instead of 1
The part number for the rear fog light assembly is 81480-WAA01 . You can use the existing harness. You just need to add a wire to it.
This is confusing. Is the Euro rear fog part # 81480-WAA01 or 81480-WAA02??

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Hi all. So I decided to pull the trigger on the mod.
We need the part number ending in 1 correct not the 2.
For some reason the ending in 1 is way cheaper than the one ending in 2.
Juts want to make sure I get the right part!
Congrats everyone that got it to work .
I’m just gonna use it for fog not third brake light so I guess I’ll tap it to the line part of the taillights .
best regards

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hi all. So I decided to pull the trigger on the mod.
We need the part number ending in 1 correct not the 2.
For some reason the ending in 1 is way cheaper than the one ending in 2.
Juts want to make sure I get the right part!
Congrats everyone that got it to work .
I’m just gonna use it for fog not third brake light so I guess I’ll tap it to the line part of the taillights .
best regards
Yes order part #81480-WAA01. If only using it for a fog light then tap into the grey and yellow (NA car) line on the passenger side. I tried the driver side and it doesn't have 12v fyi.

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Yes order part #81480-WAA01. If only using it for a fog light then tap into the grey and yellow (NA car) line on the passenger side. I tried the driver side and it doesn't have 12v fyi.
Thank you so much .
I’m getting it, i Iike that dang fog light a lot!
Best

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
All right folks.
Just to be clear, I want the light as a fog and reverse only, I am not electrical savvy so I’m gonna have someone do it for me.
I just need to solder a wire to the third extra pin on the assembly and tap it to the passenger side tal light line correct?
No need for a fuse or anything like that?
Thanks to all who have been answering my questions !
Best regards

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
All right folks.
Just to be clear, I want the light as a fog and reverse only, I am not electrical savvy so I’m gonna have someone do it for me.
I just need to solder a wire to the third extra pin on the assembly and tap it to the passenger side tal light line correct?
No need for a fuse or anything like that?
Thanks to all who have been answering my questions !
Best regards
Correct 👍

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
I have that fog light still that I never used(sold car) if you want it cheaper, forget what I paid for it.
PM'ed.

Been following this thread, prob spend the time to wire it like a 4th brake light.
Prefer it compared to aftermarket.

Edit: It sold, if anyone has one to sell. I will be interested.
Sponsored

Last edited: