Not open for further replies.

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
cough:cough....begging for an M motor? Who’s begging for an M motor? All I was saying is that it’s not happening, and that if it did....god help us all as in you wouldn’t hear the end of it from “M” enthusiasts. Personally, I think “M” motors are crap (I’ve actually worked on them). The non-M engines seem to have less problems than the M engines....and that’s not saying much about the non-M engines.
Yeah personally, I feel that Toyota should use an existing engine in their arsenal, Lexus has a very capable V6... or a V8.... or even the 1.8t from the IS250T.... surely they can comeup with a 3.5 liter Twin Turbo version or tune the V6 to crank 250kw and 350Nm
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
some of these youtube mongs that are reviewing the car.... seriously, it's like watching a 14 year old kid regurgitate internet garbage. how on earth did they get a ticket to the event????
Agreed.. lol

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
some of these youtube mongs that are reviewing the car.... seriously, it's like watching a 14 year old kid regurgitate internet garbage. how on earth did they get a ticket to the event????
IKR?

The Sports 800 was Toyota's first production sports car. The 2000GT is spectacular and all, but fed up of these muppets getting that detail wrong.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
No one is begging for a S motor, it was just a theory - which is why websites like this exist

Yeah personally, I feel that Toyota should use an existing engine in their arsenal, Lexus has a very capable V6... or a V8.... or even the 1.8t from the IS250T.... surely they can comeup with a 3.5 liter Twin Turbo version or tune the V6 to crank 250kw and 350Nm
They do have a 3.5 TT

Last edited:

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
It's probably too costly for Toyota to ship out any of their engines to Austria to be assembled in to the Supra. So all we'll probably ever see are BMW engines.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably too costly for Toyota to ship out any of their engines to Austria to be assembled in to the Supra. So all we'll probably ever see are BMW engines.
They have a ton of factories in Europe that can build a Toyota motor and ship it to Austria. Not that big a deal. Toyota just doesn’t want to disrupt any of its facilities for this car. If it’s a failure... they’ll just walk away and not have to do anything to any of their plants.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If Toyota made a partnership with BMW it is especially that it is the only one to make a 6 cylinder in line in central position. So why end up putting a V6 on it?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
hm.. yeah. I said this once. Fucking forum bashed the idea.
Same here....when I mentioned it wayyy back, the forum gave me a big virtual middle finger. It seems that a <3000lb car, with a 450HP Yamaha tuned motor, and potentially limited run manual transmission option is more realistic. o_O

Nissan did this with the GTR, and their fanbase didn't have any problems at all with it. Then again, who can talk shit about the GTR :D;)

It's Toyota's fault for inviting them or giving them access to the pre-production. I said this before, the media (especially the internet) is VERY powerful nowadays. Some YouTuber's are bringing in more daily views than television broadcast channels. Toyota should have had a badass version of the MKV ready for reviews.

They have a ton of factories in Europe that can build a Toyota motor and ship it to Austria. Not that big a deal. Toyota just doesn’t want to disrupt any of its facilities for this car. If it’s a failure... they’ll just walk away and not have to do anything to any of their plants.
The MKV will suffer the same fate as it's older brother the MKIV....only this time, it won't be just because of it's high price tag, but the price to performance ratio. 3-4yr production run, and then Toyota will NEVER build another sports car again.

If Toyota made a partnership with BMW it is especially that it is the only one to make a 6 cylinder in line in central position. So why end up putting a V6 on it?
Yep, Toyota's fine team of research and marketing geniuses came together and decided this car MUST have an inline six....doesn't matter where its sourced from, this is what the people want. The marketing teams must have been asking "enthusiasts" with Chevy Cobalt's decorated in PepBoys fake vents and hubcaps.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Nissan did this with the GTR, and their fanbase didn't have any problems at all with it. Then again, who can talk shit about the GTR :D;)
I am still mind boggled that they didnt put their newly developed V35a in the car, not only is it up on power but its way better for weight distribution than a tall I6 at a 30 degree angle

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
But then again if Toyota put a V6 under the hood instead of an inline 6, other people will start to bitch and moan. You can't please everyone.
This is true, however, like the GTR example....if Toyota put an in-house V6TT under the hood and actually had Yamaha's involvement in the development of the motor, I think it would be much more accepted than a run-of-the-mill Bavarian motor, no? It would give the MKV some uniqueness to it, and showcase a new generation of Toyota capabilities. I for one knew that a "3JZ" would never exist nor would a 2JZ successor, that's always been wishful thinking on my part. I would love to have seen a new V6TT platform for the MKV....an LS500 motor with some Yamaha massaging and beefy internals. It would have been an instant success in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same here....when I mentioned it wayyy back, the forum gave me a big virtual middle finger. It seems that a <3000lb car, with a 450HP Yamaha tuned motor, and potentially limited run manual transmission option is more realistic. o_O

It's Toyota's fault for inviting them or giving them access to the pre-production. I said this before, the media (especially the internet) is VERY powerful nowadays. Some YouTuber's are bringing in more daily views than television broadcast channels. Toyota should have had a badass version of the MKV ready for reviews.

The MKV will suffer the same fate as it's older brother the MKIV....only this time, it won't be just because of it's high price tag, but the price to performance ratio. 3-4yr production run, and then Toyota will NEVER build another sports car again.

Yep, Toyota's fine team of research and marketing geniuses came together and decided this car MUST have an inline six....doesn't matter where its sourced from, this is what the people want. The marketing teams must have been asking "enthusiasts" with Chevy Cobalt's decorated in PepBoys fake vents and hubcaps.
100% agree with this. Toyota’s R&D failed utterly in finding out what the market is like and invited a bunch of nobodies to drive the preproduction BMW.

Having a BMW motor in a Supra was a mistake from the beginning. Oh well. They can call this car something else and it’ll fix everything.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is true, however, like the GTR example....if Toyota put an in-house V6TT under the hood and actually had Yamaha's involvement in the development of the motor, I think it would be much more accepted than a run-of-the-mill Bavarian motor, no? It would give the MKV some uniqueness to it, and showcase a new generation of Toyota capabilities. I for one knew that a "3JZ" would never exist nor would a 2JZ successor, that's always been wishful thinking on my part. I would love to have seen a new V6TT platform for the MKV....an LS500 motor with some Yamaha massaging and beefy internals. It would have been an instant success in my opinion.
MKV with a Toyota power plant > a standard issue BMW inline 6.

It’s not that hard to understand that.. but Toyota thinks otherwise. Or they just used it as a need to justify buying a Zupra from BMW.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.