Say Adios to your modifications

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I agree. I also think the trucks that literally roll coal is fucked up and so parasitic to our beautiful environment. But the assault on normal ICE's when they have been the most efficient it has ever been is quite ridiculous.

It's just virtue signalling of the highest order.
I get being concerned based on what some folks are claiming in videos and press releases, but those claims aren’t always accurate. What actual proposed legislation or specific new actions taken by the EPA do you feel constitutes an assault on internal combustion engines? Is it that you think decatted cars should be permitted on public roads? It honestly isn’t clear to me that people are concerned about something that has actually happened or is being proposed. I’m not shaking my finger at anyone here, but I don’t feel like it’a our “right” to drive decatted cars on the public roads.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Funny, that same guy also accomplished another record. He's the only one that got acquitted twice too.

There's also the case of emissions. Cars only produce a very small percentage of the world's emissions. Governments need to focus on manufacturing and how we also manage our wastes. Landfills and factories are a huge cause for our greenhouse gases to worsen and tear the Earth's ozone layer open. Come to think of it, America is insanely clean when you compare with other countries.
Holy shit, that is some weapon's grade ignorance. Jesus help you...

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
What actual proposed legislation or specific new actions taken by the EPA do you feel constitutes an assault on internal combustion engines?
What proposed legislation?!?! The following statement:

“The EPA has announced that enforcement against high performance parts — including superchargers, tuners, and exhaust systems — is a top priority.”

I for one have never been a big fan of catless exhaust systems, especially considering the advancements made in the highflow catalytic converter market. Yet, when the attack is made on Superchargers (and I assume Turbos fall in this category), then I have a problem with this.

Last edited:

LugNut

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This kinda thing is a slippery slope. This would be the beginning of more over reach and control on things that will harm thousands of jobs ruin hobbies for millions.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Well we didn't see coal come back either, right?
Why because even if the emissions were relaxed, all OE's still sell in Europe. While they're trying to reduce costs to commonize parts, it goes against profitability to have one car for US one for Europe/etc. (yes they've always had variants and for sure they have LHD/RHD, but designing for aftertreatment systems isn't the same thing. They now have to find a place for urea tanks and have the customer replaced so often... etc. so less space to put stuff.. anyhow)

Sleep Joe or not, times are most certainly changing. Trump tried to shrug it off or delay it, but Joe or Kanye or whomever, can't delay it any longer if the GM's and Ford's already made up their mind about fully electric in 2025 regardless of the administration.. Tesla is leading the effort with many other Chinese/Korean companies heavy on electrifying. eV itself will cause many jobs to be lost. Less components on cars and the ones in eV's require more sophisticated handling, engineering, more expertise....

So, stop hating just on the administration. :D
Like hate scientists for not coming up with a fix. We need a global consortium like Earth's Health Organization to find a solution in 3 months so we can go back to V8's!

I'll create a petition at CryMeAriver.com
Current administration? :rolleyes1: You must have forgot about Al Gore. He's the one who kicked started the whole campaign even with Shell/Opel's P1 that managed to get 376 MPG back in the 70's.

http://www.opel-p1.nl/custom/testcar/Shell Opel.htm

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2007/05/01/big-oil-conspiracy-376-mpg-opel-uncovered

a6ac4b642a2--al-gore-global-warming-hurricane-alex.jpg

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Current administration? :rolleyes1: You must have forgot about Al Gore. He's the one who kicked started the whole campaign even with Shell/Opel's P1 that managed to get 376 MPG back in the 70's.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2007/05/01/big-oil-conspiracy-376-mpg-opel-uncovered

Is this similar to the car that ran on water? I have a perpetual motion machine to show you too! Where do you jokers get this stuff and what kind of drugs do I need to ingest or smoke to believe it just as mindlessly?

(Wow, I checked out that second link and the concept behind it is truly the stuff of 50-IQ. Jesus Christ. Yes, turn fossil fuel into a vapor and it'll suddenly become 100x more efficient??? If only we had some sort of fossil fuel that came in gaseous form and could test this patently retarded claim!!! The most concerning thing is people that believe this shit are allowed to vote).

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Well that's easy to achieve. Just put plutonium on cars for unlimited miles that's all.

FYI I'm talking about the global trend not just US..

Last edited:

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Was either that or Trumpty Dumpty. Doesn’t matter anyway. The worst president in the history of the country is out of office, things are rapidly getting back to normal, so all is well. Trump did accomplish one thing though, he managed to be the only one to ever be impeached twice. So he's the best, at being the worst.
Not to fact check you but he was never actually impeached by Congress.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Not to fact check you but he was never actually impeached by Congress.
Well you might want to check your fact checker, because he certainly was. He just didn't get convicted in the trials that followed. His acquittal didn't mean he wasn't impeached.

LugNut

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Correct. Impeaching is the process.

Lets get this conversation back on track guys...the focus is the fact that the EPA wants to outright attack our hobby and our choice to do what we want to our cars. Focus all this energy!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. Impeaching is the process.

Lets get this conversation back on track guys...the focus is the fact that the EPA wants to outright attack our hobby and our choice to do what we want to our cars. Focus all this energy!
Impeaching and impeached....very important people know the difference. Obviously, there are people out there who refuse to accept facts because their “fearful” leader has taught them to “choose truth over facts” and not be racist while making fun of an “orange-colored” man ????.

Back on track....I just can’t see this EPA ban happening within at least the next 10yrs. There are so many gears in this complex machine, that a transition to suddenly pull out a small gear would be very detrimental to the economy in more ways than people can imagine. The government needs to understand that not everyone makes six figures and can afford a Tesla.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Holy shit, that is some weapon's grade ignorance. Jesus help you...
LMAO okay. Whatever floats your boat fam. It's not ignorance if you honestly listen to both sides of the isle, have all of the facts open for you and make an honest judgement after that.

Just because it's not what you think doesn't mean it's wrong.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Is this similar to the car that ran on water? I have a perpetual motion machine to show you too! Where do you jokers get this stuff and what kind of drugs do I need to ingest or smoke to believe it just as mindlessly?

(Wow, I checked out that second link and the concept behind it is truly the stuff of 50-IQ. Jesus Christ. Yes, turn fossil fuel into a vapor and it'll suddenly become 100x more efficient??? If only we had some sort of fossil fuel that came in gaseous form and could test this patently retarded claim!!! The most concerning thing is people that believe this shit are allowed to vote).
The 70's was an experimental decade not just only for drugs. ;) Look how long it took them to figure out the cylinder deactivation technology. They also tried it in the 70's during the oil crisis but wasn't successful.

https://dyler.com/posts/297/cylinde...m-or-one-that-has-already-collected-some-dust

tivation-system-described-as-tomorrow-s-technology.jpg

The system, which was controlled by a special computer, monitored engine speed, EGR, intake manifold air pressure, accelerator position, and coolant temperature, and shut off either two or four cylinders where necessary.

Wanting to make the most of it, the Cadillac engineers started putting the new engine in virtually all of their models, but like all new technologies, this one still had room for improvement. When the cars made it out onto the roads with traditional drivers behind the wheels, all kind of problem began to surface.

The microprocessors installed in the system reacted too slowly to sudden changes in driving conditions or the mood of the driver. If the driver suddenly floored it, the system forced him to wait for a few seconds and only then reactivated the cylinders. There were even cases where the engine would begin to buck or stall.

General Motors didn’t wait and recalled all of the Cadillac models that were equipped with this technology. Instead of trying to update the system itself, the American company told all of the Cadillac dealers to disabled the cylinder deactivation system.

Well that's easy to achieve. Just put plutonium on cars for unlimited miles that's all.

FYI I'm talking about the global trend not just US..
Yeah. The U.S is #84 in most polluted countries and #2 in CO2. Yet, nobody is giving China and the rest of the world shit... Here we are having a discussion on why we can't buy a cat-back exhaust and catalytic converter theft on the rise due to palladium and platinum.

https://www.iqair.com/us/world-most-polluted-countries

co2-emissions-per-country-chart.jpg

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions
Sponsored