-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 Mazda 3. 23’ Supra 3.0 P MT. “It’s in the mail”
Hi guys. I have a 23’ Supra Premium MT
The build date of the car is 6/23. The driver side seat belt came twisted from the factory. I took it into the Service department at the dealership. They ordered the part it came in and is twisted also!! Is anybody else having issues with their seatbelt? Located in AZ
Sponsored

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
In what way is it twisted?

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In what way is it twisted?
Like if you were to take a wet towel and ring it out. Like it was connected up top then turned 180 degrees and attached at the bottom. Hope that helps. I don’t have the car at the moment to post a picture

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
I'll buy the old twisted one lol.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Hmm.. A part on a new vehicle is installed improperly and then the replacement part is improper? Smells like maybe there's an issue with expectation. Not being mean. But I think a picture will speak 1,000 words for you.

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

[/QUOT
🤦. No. I know how to untwist a seatbelt. The whole seatbelt assembly is wrong. The Tech even said it. I am gonna post 2 pictures. One from the passenger and the driver side of the car.
🤦. No. I hope this helps. The seatbelt Assembly itself is wrong. Cause the tech got the new one and it is the same way. The passenger side is fine. But you can see how it was installed wrong on the driver side.
IMG_2762.jpeg
IMG_2761.jpeg

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
🤦. No. I hope this helps. The seatbelt Assembly itself is wrong. Cause the tech got the new one and it is the same way. The passenger side is fine. But you can see how it was installed wrong on the driver side.
Ran out to my car to double-check; you are absolutely correct and the other guy is wrong. The sewn loop on both my belts is facing the rear of the car (like your passenger side). even if you flipped the buckle, the belt itself would still have a half-turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ran out to my car to double-check; you are absolutely correct and the other guy is wrong. The sewn loop on both my belts is facing the rear of the car (like your passenger side).
Yours is correct. The driver side on mine was wrong. You can see the sewn part of the belt facing the back of the car. Took it to the dealership again. They said they ordered 7 belts. 4 came twisted and 3 were not. They let Toyota know. I got my belt fixed. 👍

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yours is correct. The driver side on mine was wrong. You can see the sewn part of the belt facing the back of the car. Took it to the dealership again. They said they ordered 7 belts. 4 came twisted and 3 were not. They let Toyota know. I got my belt fixed. 👍
If you follow the driver side belt from the bottom to the top, you can see how it was installed on the bottom and it got twisted before they installed it on top. You can see the belt twist as you go up.
Sponsored