Signal Booster

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Does anyone realize there is a signal booster installed in the wireless charging tray? The manual says it has to be registered but I'm finding this extremely difficult to accomplish.
EDIT: Got it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Did not know this. Do you notice a big difference

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Does anyone realize there is a signal booster installed in the wireless charging tray? The manual says it has to be registered but I'm finding this extremely difficult to accomplish.
EDIT: Got it.
Where did you find Serial Number and did you have Verizon if so what link did you use????

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you find Serial Number and did you have Verizon if so what link did you use????
It's in the Entertainment Owners Manual at the back. Gives you all the info. I had to call Verizon. At first they were totally clueless then passed me to Tier 2. The Tech was actually able to see that I used it on my line yesterday. He said it was important I register It so it works properly.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From what I understand, registration does not "activate" the booster in the car. But FCC rules require all boosters to be registered (in case a device causes interference, etc). Carriers can tell if a booster is being used and CAN alter your coverage or "user experience" depending on their terms and conditions. I have had my car since January 2020 and use the wireless charging try all the time. I just registered mine with Verizon online last night, so we'll see if there is any appreciable difference in usability.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From what I understand, registration does not "activate" the booster in the car. But FCC rules require all boosters to be registered (in case a device causes interference, etc). Carriers can tell if a booster is being used and CAN alter your coverage or "user experience" depending on their terms and conditions. I have had my car since January 2020 and use the wireless charging try all the time. I just registered mine with Verizon online last night, so we'll see if there is any appreciable difference in usability.
No, it doesn't 'activate' it. But from my understanding it plays nicer after registering it.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
i guess ill try it out. never really had issues overall to begin with. also with verizon

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks for the reminder about this. I remember reading this in the manual a long time ago but apparently brain dumped it.
Sponsored