Sim racing without the racing

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Looking good! 8020 rigs are superior, love to see them.

is that’s a podium 1 or 2 dd base? Thinking of switching to fanatec very soon
Just a lowly CSL DD 8NM base with HE Sprint Pedals. Thinking of upgrading the base to a Simucube Pro but I just formally placed my order for a '23 6MT Supra today so that may have to wait :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cyph

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
That’s a sweet rig. I use to rock an ultra wide but it takes it to a whole new level when you are in that perfect driving position that requires you to look between the steering wheel at your cluster, and look right out your mirrors.

also what DD is that? Simlabs??
It’s a Simucube pro 2. The software for it makes it super easy to setup and has a library of game specific settings that have been submitted by people who really know their stuff. Also the wheel selection is pretty good. Most professional drivers seem to be using it.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
It’s a Simucube pro 2. The software for it makes it super easy to setup and has a library of game specific settings that have been submitted by people who really know their stuff. Also the wheel selection is pretty good. Most professional drivers seem to be using it.
Simucube is king for those who can afford it ;p

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I want to borrow my buddies Logitech G29 wheel / pedal (entry level I know), and pair with my VR headset for Supra Driving on Norcal tracks (In preferencial order: Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Sonoma) to practice before driving on them for real, is this possible with any game?

Last I did research I found games that had thunderhill or laguna, but then wouldn't have the car I wanted, or a game which has the car I want but no tracks I like.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
I want to borrow my buddies Logitech G29 wheel / pedal (entry level I know), and pair with my VR headset for Supra Driving on Norcal tracks (In preferencial order: Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Sonoma) to practice before driving on them for real, is this possible with any game?

Last I did research I found games that had thunderhill or laguna, but then wouldn't have the car I wanted, or a game which has the car I want but no tracks I like.
There are mods for Assetto to use the Supra and Buttonwillow. I'm not sure about the others. I'd never been to BW and used the sim to get an idea of the layout before I went there with GTA last year.

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Here’s my setup! Nothing crazy, just a NLR chassis, monitor stand, and seat, along with the usual Fanatec kit and a Chimera digital dash.

After humming and hawing over buying this stuff for years, I’ve had it for about six months and I wish I pulled the trigger a long time ago. I use iRacing and have just been doing AI stuff so far, but will eventually get into online racing.

My rig is in my shop that’s usually full of dirty bikes and workout gear, so the challenge is to keep it clean.

1655855125056.jpeg

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Has anyone found a decent grip/time attack or stock A90 mod for AC? I haven't really found one other than those focused on big power street builds or drifting. I think I've tried 6 different mods at this point 😅

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Some sweet looking setups in this thread. I don’t have anything close to that, just on Xbox series x with a Logitech g29 w/ gearshift and yeah forza horizon is the very definition of arcade-y but still fun as hell to tear around with the wheel. I don’t even bother with trying to race or anything. Happy to just cruise around and wreck with zero consequences

I should give assetto corsa a try

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Has anyone found a decent grip/time attack or stock A90 mod for AC? I haven't really found one other than those focused on big power street builds or drifting. I think I've tried 6 different mods at this point 😅
I use the GT4 Supra from Guerilla Mods.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
I've been racing on a G25 for about 15 years lol. Finally looking to upgrade to the Simagic Alpha mini.

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
For 14 years I've used my Logitech GT wheel and pedals from my PS3. Now I'm upgrading to a Fanatec setup. Black Friday got me.

I race using a Quest 2 headset so I prefer Project Cars to Assetto Corsa simply because VR support is terrible in ACs menus. I hear ACC is pretty awesome so it might be worth grabbing. I also picked up F1 2023 from the steam sale.

Love to hear recommendations for the new setup.
I'd love a game where I can just cruise around town listening to tunes and weaving through city or highway traffic. So far it seems like that's only available in mods.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Last week, replaced my old Thurstmaster T500RS with
  • Moza R12 wheelbase + table clamp
  • Moza GS V2 steering wheel
  • Moza SR-P pedals

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

Such a big difference going from beldt-driven to direct-drive driven wheelbase.
You feel so much difference to control the car and the road surface.

Money worth spending, even as like me... you only drive occasionally (as you can see from the setup haha)
Sponsored