sizing of aftermarket wheels for OEM/stock tires?

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium Red, 2006 Lexus GX470
Hello All,

I'm looking to get new wheels for my stock tires. For reference, their sizes are:
255/35ZR19 Front
275/35ZR19 Rear

I am looking to get the Apex SM-10 wheels. I have read their fitment guide and they suggest that: Front :19x9.5” ET25, Rear: 19x11" ET40 wheels will work, but there will be stretching.

Does anyone have aftermarket wheels on the stock tires? and if so what size did you go for and how does it look?
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have this exact fitment. Front looks great. Rear is a little stretched but not so much that I am willing to waste fresh 275/35/19 tires. If and when they wear down, I'll step up to 285/35/19 or 305/30/19 in the rear.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Might as well just pitch the stock tires, they're trash.

I'm definitely not alone in recommending you upgrade your tires before you think about upgrading wheels.

That said, if you are dead-set on going stock tire on aftermarket wheels, 11'' is going to be quite a stretch for the stockers. 10.5 is probably a sweet spot.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Might as well just pitch the stock tires, they're trash.

I'm definitely not alone in recommending you upgrade your tires before you think about upgrading wheels.

That said, if you are dead-set on going stock tire on aftermarket wheels, 11'' is going to be quite a stretch for the stockers. 10.5 is probably a sweet spot.
Really? I have read good things about the MS Pilot Super Sports and they have performed well in the summer.

What better tire is there and what is the issue with these?

At least most/all here seem to get the Michelins PSS. With BMW M you get to play the tire lotto with Michelin PS4S as the winning prize and Continental Sport Contacts as the booby prize. No way to request one over the other.

I lost both times :(

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Really? I have read good things about the MS Pilot Super Sports and they have performed well in the summer.

What better tire is there and what is the issue with these?
They're not trash. They're just a compromise across dry traction, degradation, noise, aquaplaning resistance, and cost. Jack of all trades, master of none scenario.

A Cup2 would be a step up across some of those metrics. PS4S, RE71R, and AD08R would also be worth looking at.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk