Small, side mounted OEM storage net for trunk?

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Have you received and installed yours yet? Did it come with instructions on how to install?
Just arrived today - too hot (91 degrees) in the garage though to even consider trying to install it right now though.

Didn't come with instructions but seems very straight forward, just need to drill a few holes to snap in the mounts.
IMG_0141(Edited).jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think it might be missing a part - one of the side grommet things, see picture comparison below. I'll email the parts supplier I ordered from and see if they can confirm and/or send me the missing grommet.

cargo net.PNG

net2.PNG

Doctorbluebox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Pro Mk5
I'm in the UK and I have the net, but I don't have the triangle.
Interesting. I'm also in the UK and have the triangle but don't have the net in the boot (trunk). I have the 2 litre, maybe itā€™s only included on the 3 litre?

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Parts supplier confirmed the package they sent me was defective and are sending a replacement. Hopefully this one includes all the grommets.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Parts supplier confirmed the package they sent me was defective and are sending a replacement. Hopefully this one includes all the grommets.
I purchased one from toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com, and it too came with only one grommet. I contacted the seller about the missing part and they said their system shows exactly what I got, that the net Is a factory replacement component and grommets are not sold separately as they should already be on the car.

I am curious to know if you get a package with two grommets. In the meantime Iā€™ll see what I can find at a hardware store.

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I purchased one from toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com, and it too came with only one grommet. I contacted the seller about the missing part and they said their system shows exactly what I got, that the net Is a factory replacement component and grommets are not sold separately as they should already be on the car.

I am curious to know if you get a package with two grommets. In the meantime Iā€™ll see what I can find at a hardware store.
Sorry, I forgot to circle back here. Over the weekend, I realized that I got my email threads mixed up and the note about a "damaged package" was for a different part I had ordered, not the cargo net. I heard back from the cargo net ppl, and got the same story as you.

It is kind of odd it still comes with 3 of the 4 grommets, but whatever. I will also check the local hardware store and maybe online for any generic grommets that are the right size.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Sorry, I forgot to circle back here. Over the weekend, I realized that I got my email threads mixed up and the note about a "damaged package" was for a different part I had ordered, not the cargo net. I heard back from the cargo net ppl, and got the same story as you.

It is kind of odd it still comes with 3 of the 4 grommets, but whatever. I will also check the local hardware store and maybe online for any generic grommets that are the right size.
Iā€™ve been searching online and have not found anything yet. The key is the 5mm-center hole. A possible solution is a self-locking plastic cap and drill a 5mm hole.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Iā€™ve been searching online and have not found anything yet. The key is the 5mm-center hole. A possible solution is a self-locking plastic cap and drill a 5mm hole.
This is the closest Iā€™ve found. The center hole is 6mm, but being that it is slotted, it might be possible to shave it enough to squeeze into 5mm.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124470759423

5B8739FB-9F4A-4E00-961F-272E23BF83F5.jpeg

brentyloke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
ordered a pack of these from amazon to see if they will work, will report back

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Plastic-Snap-Grommets-100/dp/B078TMFFBK

1625780312733.png
The 3/16 snap grommets are a bit smaller than the single grommet that comes with the net and the tabs are closer to the lip and the lip is smaller in diameter but they worked fine. I have 97 extra in case anyone doesn't want to spend the $10 on Amazon. Just pay for shipping. I'll send 4 in case you break a tab like I did.

Also, in case it helps for other's installs, I measured 3.5in from trunk mat and that's where I put the base of the net.
DA42B245-7307-41DD-A1C3-FF5407C12843.jpeg
3F060A2D-F99F-49F3-9748-85C0F97CCA25.jpeg
683D58CE-75D5-408F-AB69-B0281C812E84.jpeg

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 3/16 snap grommets are a bit smaller than the single grommet that comes with the net and the tabs are closer to the lip and the lip is smaller in diameter but they worked fine. I have 97 extra in case anyone doesn't want to spend the $10 on Amazon. Just pay for shipping. I'll send 4 in case you break a tab like I did.

Also, in case it helps for other's installs, I measured 3.5in from trunk mat and that's where I put the base of the net.
DA42B245-7307-41DD-A1C3-FF5407C12843.jpeg
3F060A2D-F99F-49F3-9748-85C0F97CCA25.jpeg
683D58CE-75D5-408F-AB69-B0281C812E84.jpeg
Thanks for the info and pics. What is the procedure for installing these? Carefully drill holes (avoiding touching whatever is behind the liner) to snap them into or do you use a blade to cut the liner instead?

brentyloke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thanks for the info and pics. What is the procedure for installing these? Carefully drill holes (avoiding touching whatever is behind the liner) to snap them into or do you use a blade to cut the liner instead?
I just drilled holes as carefully as I could. Blade might be better at avoiding damage underneath but also might cut a hole too big. For the bottom clips, I used a small Phillips and stabbed a hole cause I couldn't get my drill to fit when angling straight down.
Sponsored