Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
You know what. I just bought some new electrical appliances and when I opened it the smell is almost the same! Lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Kinda like when you buy a new stove and use the oven the first time type of smell.

eqi

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Egis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
This is what I believe it may be. Car was bought with 5K miles in great condition. I believe the previous owner didnā€™t drive it as hard as me and mostly everything may be breaking in now. Still not sure what exactly is breaking in from the smell though. Iā€™ve also noticed the brakes are more grabby after my driving after 2K miles of owning the car. The original 0w-20 was still clean and golden after the 5K mile change from previous owner.
Might be, i picked my car in summer at 30 celsius. First month i smelled some toxic shit but dealer told me that it can smell for some time .until it evapurates from the heat. I was driving hard all the time so after approx 2.5k kms no smell.

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
I noticed an electronics type burnt smell coming from the engine compartment when the car was new and still do, from time to time, after a spirited drive. The plastic coating on wires, fuses, or other connections can cause this smell, when temps get high under the hood. If that's what you're experiencing, then it's normal.
But yeah. It may be electronic type burnt smell.

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
The first rule of supra huffing club is you don't talk about supra huffing.

That being said, you can also run a tube through the firewall for a more direct hit. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
The first rule of supra huffing club is you don't talk about supra huffing.

That being said, you can also run a tube through the firewall for a more direct hit. :thumbsup:
Haha, no nitrous oxide here.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Does anyone else get a foul somewhat chemical smell whenever they step on it? Canā€™t really describe it. Like somewhat burning and the smell is so toxic I have to roll up the windows for a brief moment cause itā€™s so bad.
I think you need to roll down the windows after startling yourself.. :crazy:

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
It could be that some type of coating/grease from the factory may still be burning off. The coating will eventually burn off and the smell should go away.

If you have doubts, take it to your toyota dealership.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
But yeah. It may be electronic type burnt smell.
Iā€™ve had that and was thinking the same thing. Whatever it was, must have burned it off at the track lol

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Just so you don't think you're going crazy, I have the same problem and it's been from pretty much day 1 of ownership (2019 to present). Maybe the silver lining here is that I haven't had that smell in a couple months.

I was initially worried that it might be some sort of fluid burning, but I figured a problem would have manifested some time in the past 3 years if it was an issue
Sponsored