Speed Industry

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Appearently, Speed Industrys customer's service is lacking in some aspects and I hope they work on that. In the meantime I'll take my bussiness elsewhere.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Iā€™m not going to be shopping with them ever again. It took over 7 months to get my Magnaflow exhaust. I know that the pandemic caused a lot of supply and labor issues and what not and I donā€™t fault them for that at all. What I do fault them for is their terrible customer service. At one point about 2 months ago I wanted to cancel my order and go with another vendor to get the FI exhaust but it felt like Speed Industry was doing everything they could to drag their feet and avoid giving me a refund. Well, was it coincidence or what I donā€™t know, but after a few weeks of back and forth emailing with them about cancelling they finally one day said the exhaust was ready to ship. I got the exhaust a week later but it was damaged. To their credit they did help me work with Magnaflow to finally get a good one. However, to this day I am still having to bug them weekly to ship out the Verus AC covers that I ordered along with the exhaust!! If I were to post my emails with them you will see that I never get hostile or mad or mean in any way either. These guys need to get their act together.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Yeah Iā€™m not going to be shopping with them ever again. It took over 7 months to get my Magnaflow exhaust. I know that the pandemic caused a lot of supply and labor issues and what not and I donā€™t fault them for that at all. What I do fault them for is their terrible customer service. At one point about 2 months ago I wanted to cancel my order and go with another vendor to get the FI exhaust but it felt like Speed Industry was doing everything they could to drag their feet and avoid giving me a refund. Well, was it coincidence or what I donā€™t know, but after a few weeks of back and forth emailing with them about cancelling they finally one day said the exhaust was ready to ship. I got the exhaust a week later but it was damaged. To their credit they did help me work with Magnaflow to finally get a good one. However, to this day I am still having to bug them weekly to ship out the Verus AC covers that I ordered along with the exhaust!! If I were to post my emails with them you will see that I never get hostile or mad or mean in any way either. These guys need to get their act together.
Exactly. Sounds the same as my experience.

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
I ordered a few items in one order and after a month I decided to hit them up to see what was going on and the whole time they were waiting on one item to arrive so they could ship the whole order but that they didnā€™t know when it would arrive. It wasnā€™t until I told them to cancel the whole order that they decided to ship my order. it ended up arriving in different packages on different days and one of the items was defective. When I let them know the only answer I got was ā€send me a pic so I can forward it to our vendorā€ I did and never got a reply back. I had to call them again to return the item and demand a refund but they made it so difficult. In the end I got my refund but now I think twice before ordering from them. They have items for sale that arenā€™t even in stock but they donā€™t tell you that. I used to order from them when they were called 86Speed and never had an issue But ever since the name change theyā€™re a nightmare sometimes.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
"They have items for sale that arenā€™t even in stock but they donā€™t tell you that."

This is my most annoying gripe, along with the bad customer service.

Skeeter

First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra #935/1500 ,2019 Toyota Highlander, 2002 VW Turbo Beetle, 1997Mazda Miata, 1986 Mustang SVO
I have purchased several items from Speed Industry, and never had a problem with them. I'd buy for them again in a heartbeat.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I feel like it's a common thread with performance parts websites now. After years away from the car scene I'm now seeing this is the current trend.

I come from eCommerce and digital marketing background d. It's really not difficult to update your product page to display out of stock or pre-order for back ordered products unless you're intentionally letting it appear as In Stock to capture orders.

So many companies just have shit business practices today and then the world wonders why Amazon is eating everyone alive.

Recently I went to maybe 5 sites for a product I knew was backordered and they all let you add to cart and check out. That's TRASH customer experience.

Smh

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I've had pretty good experience with them. Ordered my Armytrix exhaust from them (which was basically drop shipped), but they spend a good bit of time on the phone with me offering advice on which to go with.

I had ordered an AA downpipe from them, but ended up finding one otherwise and ultimately canceled the order. I think they charged me a couple of bucks to cancel the order, but nothing horrific.

Actually, they originally quoted me a lower price than they should have on the Armytrix exhaust and sent me an invoice, which I paid. They reached out to me and said they accidentally undercharged me by like $100, would I be ok paying the difference, and I said I would. But then they insisted they honor the original price they quoted me.

I really wouldn't have minded paying the extra, I like supporting small business in the time of Amazon. But they wouldn't take it. Spoke volumes to me about their integrity. Would do business again.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
To be honest guys Iā€™ve not had an issue with them yet. Even had them work double time to chase down the black diamond tips for me from AWEā€¦..they even got in touch with AWE an they sent them out to me as well! Also just so ppl donā€™t think Iā€™m a boy or full of crapā€¦hereā€™s the proof. I honestly like them. If you have multiple bad experiences then Yes say something as loud as you can across as many platforms as you can but I would honestly use them again along with Kies Motorsports and CES! Granted out of them all I named SpeedIndusty has the most to choose from but a good rule of thumb donā€™t keep all your eggs in one basket. Branch out and find others.
BC74D062-E867-4886-ACB9-23CCA7FFEE12.jpeg
37103038-22C9-4539-BAAA-50C41F9DC0ED.jpeg

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Has anyone ordered from speedindustry?
I've had an extremely rough experience ordering from this company and was wondering if this company is even legit.
If you have ordered from here how was your experience?
I have ordered from them. Got my AA DP, FTP charge pipe and ordered a Magnaflow Exhaust. Never had a problem and my products shipped fast.

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Gotta say, I have had good service and support from them. Yes you have to wait and if it says pre-order it is, of course, not in stock but Alex had been very helpful and let me know vendor ETA changes, etc.. Yes I follow-up but they always get back within 48 hours. Calling direct can also be effective. If they get it in stock they ship right away. This is my experience and I have bought quite a bit from them. Getting parts still sucks right now!

Bkuu18

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I ordered a few things from them and received it so they are legit however, like some others stated here..they annoyingly have things listed for sale but donā€™t state it is not in their warehouse stock. If you get unlucky, youā€™ll be waiting weeks if not a month to get what you ordered.
Sponsored