Speed Industry

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I have had great experience with Chase credit cards (basically your Amazon Visa). Even though the dispute period had passed (beyond 60days), they honored to look into my dispute and credited the amount I had already paid.

Since the pandemic started I had to make a few disputes like this due to overseas vendors in Asia taking forever to deliver items. eBay/PayPal was completely USELESS when it came to customer support as they said any dispute beyond 30days past the seller's delivery ETA would be automatically voided. I was like WTF that is completely retarded, eBay listed the item as 'money back guarantee' so that is why I bought it in the first place.

Seller was over 2 months late on one of the deliveries and eBay/Paypal basically told me I was out $2K and on my own. Since eBay/Paypal were completely useless, I disputed directly to my credit card company. Chase honored to credit my account immediately and placed the vendor on their black list until item was delivered to me. Eventually the item was delivered and I contacted Chase to have the credit reversed to close the dispute.

These days if a store gives me crap I just go online and dispute the transaction on Chase. I just cut the funds at the source even if I used PayPal.
Sponsored

XtremeXiong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I am local to the shop and buy a lot of parts from them and never have an issue. I believe the issue people are having is that they forget COVID still happened and has affected the manufacturing of items. If you really need the product, I would suggest calling the guys at Speed Industry first to see the status and then deciding to make the purchase. They actually carry a lot of items in stock depending on the part. I agree the have to work on their website, but as a consumer you should put a little effort into researching as well. Speed Industries website isnā€™t the only one like this.

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
I ordered my rexspeed v4 in May, got it in June. Left side gap was bad and center part had gap which i could not get the tape to make contact. Sent pictures and 2 weeks later got return label. (They received it first week of July).

Took forever for them to reply and I finally got my refund for it just last week! I was so close in using my Credit Card chargeback after a month of them receiving the spoiler and no update.
Oh wow, mine shipped the day I ordered it and got to me 4 days later, the same day I received it I sent them an email with the issue and they replied the next day. The sent me the return label that day as well and I just shipped it back yesterday.. letā€™s see. Iā€™m glad you got your refund.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have had generally good experience with Speed Industry. Alex is actually a wealth of knowledge and has really helped me with my build. The issue is when something does happen he has to pass me onto the manager. I think his name is David or something, he is a sad excuse for a employee. Literally 6 weeks and everyday it's "haven't heard anything" or "I will get back to you". I called Alex and told him I'm not dealing with this lowlife manager, and he got if figured it out quick.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
I wanted to buy the RexSpeed key farb cover from S.I. but was turned off with the $100 plus shipping cost. Found it elseware with free shipping for $85. Nuff said! I wonder who gets that $100 shipping cost?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wanted to buy the RexSpeed key farb cover from S.I. but was turned off with the $100 plus shipping cost. Found it elseware with free shipping for $85. Nuff said! I wonder who gets that $100 shipping cost?
To be fair, a lot of companies have messed up shipping calculators when it comes to USPS and stuff. A simple email or phone would've sufficed. My issue with David is I felt like he was treating me like a hot potato. I'm not sure if he had a hot potato for a brain, but man I wouldn't let that guy clean up my lawn trimmings because he would probably find a way to blame the Hefty trash bag company.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
If Speed Industry is in busIness it"s their responsibilty to police their site not mine. To be fair, I found a much better deal just a click away ( MAPerformance ). I've bought a lot from Speed Industry in the past but now after this mess I'll take my business else where. I don't want to debate this any longer if you want to use Speed Industry go for it that's your choice.

Last edited:

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Insight Touring, 2011 Honda CRZ EX
I bought a set of GTC02 in black early Jan this year. Still don't have it. I asked them for an update 2 weeks ago and they haven't replied. The hell am I getting a silent treatment for? Feels like a darn scam if you ask me, I'm done waiting. I just hope I get my money back. I might just file a claim in Paypal since they wont reach back at all.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I bought a set of GTC02 in black early Jan this year. Still don't have it. I asked them for an update 2 weeks ago and they haven't replied. The hell am I getting a silent treatment for? Feels like a darn scam if you ask me, I'm done waiting. I just hope I get my money back. I might just file a claim in Paypal since they wont reach back at all.
Have you called them?

After a headache getting my gram lights (with other vendors/drop shipping companies) Iā€™ve decided to always confirm inventory with vendors before placing an order. Speed Industry saved the day for me. They have their own warehouse, FYI (compared to some dropship vendors relying on distribution center inventory systems being accurate- nothing wrong with that, just another thing that introduces room for error).

If your wheels were ordered from Japan, you may be in for a wait. Iā€™d call them up and give them the benefit of the doubt before laying down the hammer.

I agree that vendors should be responsive, but ā€œcarsā€ is one area of my life where Iā€™ve accepted that less-than-ideal-customer service is common and being more proactive tends to help. Itā€™s tedious, I know.

Hope you get it sorted. Speed Industry has been good to me, but getting them on the phone has been the critical difference that Iā€™ve taken advantage of vs. other vendors *who are even harder* to get a hold of.

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Insight Touring, 2011 Honda CRZ EX
Have you called them?

After a headache getting my gram lights (with other vendors/drop shipping companies) Iā€™ve decided to always confirm inventory with vendors before placing an order. Speed Industry saved the day for me. They have their own warehouse, FYI (compared to some dropship vendors relying on distribution center inventory systems being accurate- nothing wrong with that, just another thing that introduces room for error).

If your wheels were ordered from Japan, you may be in for a wait. Iā€™d call them up and give them the benefit of the doubt before laying down the hammer.

I agree that vendors should be responsive, but ā€œcarsā€ is one area of my life where Iā€™ve accepted that less-than-ideal-customer service is common and being more proactive tends to help. Itā€™s tedious, I know.

Hope you get it sorted. Speed Industry has been good to me, but getting them on the phone has been the critical difference that Iā€™ve taken advantage of vs. other vendors *who are even harder* to get a hold of.
I feel you, and yes I did last month, they informed me about having my order shipped out first week of May. I'll call them tomorrow and update it here. I'm aware of the shipment delays, I knew I was in for a quite a wait, I just thought 4 months of wait time was generous enough, hence why I didn't try bothering them for it. And I feel like 9 business days is way more than enough to send a reply to a customer asking for a purchase update.

jeffgazoo

First Name
Jeff Blosser
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium 2022 Rav4
I have placed 3 orders with them, I too have dealt with Alex and my experience has been great, he has helped me with my build and has answered many questions through email quickly. I really like having someone like him to bounce stuff off of and then when I decide he sends me a quote, I agree then he sends me an invoice. I just ordered my Magna Flow exhaust, these are made to order, so not being in stock we will see how it goes, but for me them having a Supra helps, I asked him about exhausts and he said, well the titanium with the valve is expensive, but your car will sound like a legit supercar. I heard a local supra with the Magna Flow and personally I love the tone, so I went with that one.

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
Iā€™ve only ordered from them a few times and never had an issue till my last order kind of sort of. i order a few items including a rexpeed carbon fiber cluster cover. I didnā€™t know rexpeed was based in Asia. So the cluster cover is coming directly from rexpeed. I got tracking for the rest of my order but not the cover. I wouldā€™ve expected if an item is not in stock, that they would let me know and I didnā€™t have to contact them to find out. First told 1-2 weeks then I contacted them again and it got move to 3-4 weeks and got told it is coming from Asia and shipping is taking longer than expected. This doesnā€™t count that they also send me the wrong part (which is understandable). They send me a return label and said once they see it moving back they will send the correct part. That didnā€™t happened. Had to contact them again. I work in the same industry in the warehouse department. I deal with receiving and shipping parts. I do understand that sometimes the suppliers are held back because port backlogged and customs can take a bit longer to receive parts specially from Asia. What I donā€™t like is that they make no effort to let their customers know. When I print orders in the mornings and I know it isnā€™t in stock, I automatically let the customer know if it and a window of when it will arrive. Then we also offer alternative products just in case.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've had good luck with them. The last order for some aFe sway bars went sideways, but it was just a manufacturer delay that went on and on and on. They responded to my requests for updates every time in a timely fashion after pinging aFe. I believe I conceived a child, my wife gestated it, and the baby was born over the lifetime of my order before I cancelled it. It had been too long to refund my card, so they sent me a check for the correct amount which arrived yesterday. I'd do business with them again, for sure.

After the debacle of multiple aFe orders related to sway bars and a very, very, very, very, very, very, very poor quality catless downpipe (no longer in production) which they refused to cover shipping to return, I'll never buy another aFe product again, direct or through a reseller. I don't care how nice their sway bars are for our cars. aFe can go pound sand.
Sponsored

Last edited: