SPL Suspension parts, too much for the streets?

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I’m trying to plan out my next mods regarding suspension and would love to get from SPL owners if the car is no too rough to be a DD

I personally plan on tracking 3x a year but would love to get less roll and more “feel” out of the car

TIA!
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I did full SPL parts (minus the front caster) along with AfE front and rear swaybars as well as HKS springs. A tad stiffer than stock but the car handles very well and I still kept my OEM suspension adjustments.

Overkill for a street car but I too am in the same boat where I would go on track once in a while as well as take the car out on the back roads.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did full SPL parts (minus the front caster) along with AfE front and rear swaybars as well as HKS springs. A tad stiffer than stock but the car handles very well and I still kept my OEM suspension adjustments.

Overkill for a street car but I too am in the same boat where I would go on track once in a while as well as take the car out on the back roads.
Interested in doing this as well. It's not a daily driver for me, but something I autocross, track, and take out on the back roads. Do you feel it improved road feel for you? I find Toyota's boosted power steering on this car to be a bit much for my liking.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interested in doing this as well. It's not a daily driver for me, but something I autocross, track, and take out on the back roads. Do you feel it improved road feel for you? I find Toyota's boosted power steering on this car to be a bit much for my liking.
It feels a lot better even after a proper alignment TBH. The added drop from the HKS springs as well as the more aggressive suspension alignment from the SPL parts made it worthwhile for me. I've put about 22,000 miles on this suspension setup (car has 25,600 miles) without any issues.

I would do an alignment and then tires and see how the car feels before you make the big jump. You might end up liking the car as it is stock.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
It feels a lot better even after a proper alignment TBH. The added drop from the HKS springs as well as the more aggressive suspension alignment from the SPL parts made it worthwhile for me. I've put about 22,000 miles on this suspension setup (car has 25,600 miles) without any issues.

I would do an alignment and then tires and see how the car feels before you make the big jump. You might end up liking the car as it is stock.
Great advice. I think I’ll do springs first then after alignment see how things feel. I’ve been itching for sway bars as well

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

Good advice - thanks for that. I've put off doing an alignment as I have the Eibach springs on the way (as well as aFe sway bars). After I drop the car I will do an alignment to a more aggressive spec, and to apparently fix the terrible alignment from the factory these cars seem to come with. How much total was the SPL setup, if I may ask?

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good advice - thanks for that. I've put off doing an alignment as I have the Eibach springs on the way (as well as aFe sway bars). After I drop the car I will do an alignment to a more aggressive spec, and to apparently fix the terrible alignment from the factory these cars seem to come with. How much total was the SPL setup, if I may ask?
tenor.gif

Let's not talk about how much I spent and more of just enjoying the car.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have customers that run the full SPL setup on their daily drives and don't complain. But they do track their vehicles a good amount as well.

-Josh

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'll try to chime in later this month when hopefully I have the SPL FLCA and Caster installed. All other suspension components will be stock, but of course the alignment will change to be more track-focused. Logic tells me it'll feel a bit harsher but excited to actually try it out myself.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
tenor.gif

Let's not talk about how much I spent and more of just enjoying the car.
I wish people could understand this more. Haha.

I do have the SPL adjustable front lower control arms on my supra. I like them. I plan on increasing my camber a little bit and they have worked out great so far.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I wish people could understand this more. Haha.

I do have the SPL adjustable front lower control arms on my supra. I like them. I plan on increasing my camber a little bit and they have worked out great so far.
curious what front camber you ended up with and if you did the caster as well. Any initial noticeable changes in NVH?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
curious what front camber you ended up with and if you did the caster as well. Any initial noticeable changes in NVH?
I don't have enough experience to feel the difference from before and after unfortunately.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have customers that run the full SPL setup on their daily drives and don't complain. But they do track their vehicles a good amount as well.

-Josh
Tracking your daily is risky! Push it too hard once around a fast sweeper and you're taking the bus home. :D What would a full SPL setup cost me? I'm interested in doing this within the next 6mo or so.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tracking your daily is risky! Push it too hard once around a fast sweeper and you're taking the bus home. :D What would a full SPL setup cost me? I'm interested in doing this within the next 6mo or so.
  1. Front Lower Control Arms Toyota Supra GR A90/BMW Z4 G29 $699
  2. Adjustable Front Caster Rod Monoball Bushings Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $399
  3. Rear Toe Links + Eccentric Lockouts Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $429
  4. Rear Traction Links Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $399
  5. Rear Upper Lateral Links Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $799
  6. Bumpsteer Adjustable Tie Rod Ends Toyota Supra GR A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $349
  7. Rear Swaybar Endlinks Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $219
  8. Front Swaybar Endlinks Toyota Supra A90 GR/BMW Z4 G29 $249
Total for all the SPL parts at MSRP is $3542. This does not include installation (the rear upper lateral links requires a rear subframe drop)

At that point, you should also look into front and rear sway bars. Any manufacture below.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

-Josh
Are the HEIM joints squeak free once dust and water hit them?

-RJM
Sponsored