Two_heavens

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Quick question for you guys.
When y’all drive in sport mode, assuming the car tune is stock, do the 7th and 8th gears engage? I’m noticing my car go into 7th and 8th while in sport mode, I thought that sport mode limited the car to stay in 6th. Mine is a 2020 if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
Are you manually up shifting into 7th and 8th using the paddle or the gear shift knob?
My car won't shift into 7th or 8th, unless I manually do so.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Depends on your cruising speed. Highways in Virginia have crap 55mph speed limits. I got up to 70 once and at cruising it went into 7th gear

cte21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Are you manually up shifting into 7th and 8th using the paddle or the gear shift knob?
My car won't shift into 7th or 8th, unless I manually do so.
Same here - cruising at 75 and it will stay in 6th when in auto. I consider it making up for racing it's way to 8th at 40 mph when in normal and auto.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Same as others... 7th is top (unless maybe you are "cruising" at 100+)... :headbang:

I would guess that maybe you have the transmission set to Comfort/Normal in your custom settings? You can then easily be in sport mode but have it shifting all the way to 8th (and way too early as well). When you engage sport mode select custom settings and either completely reset or at least verify transmission is also in sport mode.

It's also available in the 'vehicle settings' area (IIRC) in the nav at all times.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
If it's actually in sport mode ("sport" will light up on your dash)

then it shouldn't really go to 7th or 8th unless youre going 80+ consistently. Not everyone is going to have the same experience as the car will "learn" your driving patterns and adjust.

It should not engage to 7th or 8th if youre going at city speeds though, so that might be an issue if it's happening on a normal basis. As the other users have stated, just make sure youre actually in sport and not normal when this is happening.
Sponsored