yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Recently have started to have intermittent noises when turning the steering wheel. Has only been while at very slow speeds when I am turning in to park or adjust when parking. Kind of sounds like a squeak or something coming from the rack maybe. Not too sure since this is the first time hearing this noise the last couple days. Anyone else have any issues or something similar?
Sponsored

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
Recently have started to have intermittent noises when turning the steering wheel. Has only been while at very slow speeds when I am turning in to park or adjust when parking. Kind of sounds like a squeak or something coming from the rack maybe. Not too sure since this is the first time hearing this noise the last couple days. Anyone else have any issues or something similar?
Mine does this as well. It is common with BMWs with EPS. The fix is just to have dealer put grease on the moving parts inside the steering column.

OP
OP
yfeghhi

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does this as well. It is common with BMWs with EPS. The fix is just to have dealer put grease on the moving parts inside the steering column.
I told them about it when I took it in for my first oil change but they didnt want to do anything since I put lowering springs. Said it would be out of warranty and if they looked at it that it wont be covered and I would be charged for it

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
happened to me on my x5 after a couple months. Dealer ended up taking the wheel off in service and greasing it. still occured for a a couple weeks after that. Car is currently 3 years old now and the squeaking/rubbing never came back

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I told them about it when I took it in for my first oil change but they didnt want to do anything since I put lowering springs. Said it would be out of warranty and if they looked at it that it wont be covered and I would be charged for it
That is a load of BS. Tell them to grease it and if they want to charge you, to prove that your springs are the true cause for the noise.

They can't deny the warranty claim otherwise. Either that or try another dealer. Not all dealers are immediate anti mod responders.

OP
OP
yfeghhi

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Its in the steering column or its park of the rack? Could I just do this myself or how difficult is it?

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
Its in the steering column or its park of the rack? Could I just do this myself or how difficult is it?

If the noise is similar to the one from this video then it is coming from the steering shaft located inside a panel behind the brake pedal. The fix doesn’t require a dealer visit, but accessing it would take a bit of time.

OP
OP
yfeghhi

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase

If the noise is similar to the one from this video then it is coming from the steering shaft located inside a panel behind the brake pedal. The fix doesn’t require a dealer visit, but accessing it would take a bit of time.

It only really does this when going slow when I'm parking or in the parking lot or parked like in the video. Might have to take the wheels off and see if its from something with the lowering springs maybe but it just started to do this a couple weeks ago and springs have been on for a few months.

Last edited:

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455

It only really does this when going slow when I'm parking or in the parking lot or parked like in the video. Might have to take the wheels off and see if its from something with the lowering springs maybe but it just started to do this a couple weeks ago and springs have been on for a few months.
Did you ever get this sorted? If so, what was the issue?

OP
OP
yfeghhi

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get this sorted? If so, what was the issue?
Took a look when I put my new wheels on and found the spring had shifted on the perch and the rubber sleeve was hanging off. No idea how that happened but had to take the spring off and set it right again. Hopefully it doesnt do it again. Strange that it did that at all since I had zero issues for the first 3 months or so.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Took a look when I put my new wheels on and found the spring had shifted on the perch and the rubber sleeve was hanging off. No idea how that happened but had to take the spring off and set it right again. Hopefully it doesnt do it again. Strange that it did that at all since I had zero issues for the first 3 months or so.
That is weird. Which springs?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

can anyone post a current available video of this?

I noticed a whine/hum noise from my steering wheel. it happens at low speeds, when the steering wheel returns to center. hoping its a minor EPS thing, but i've never experienced this in any other BMWs.
Sponsored