Stiffer, more stable but not lower.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
I do not. When you say you are looking for more stability from the rear wheels do you mean reduce the twitchness of the car in stock form? If so, have you done an alignment? Adding some rear toe-in makes a dramatic difference to the stability of the rear.
That's it exactly. I have done an alignment and added a very slight toe-in. Maybe I should have done more.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's more than just drivetrain noises, the entire car shakes. I made it about 1-2 miles into my test drive before I had to turn around and jack the car back up to find WTF I screwed up. I re-adjusted the exhaust just in case it was slamming against the body, went back out, and 1-2 miles into the drive had to turn around and jack the car back up to pull the mounts back off.

My WRX and STi don't/didn't have solid mounts, but they do/did have stiffer motor, tranny, diff mounts as well as shifter and outrigger bushings. On those you hear a bit more gear whine and that's about it. The Supra with transmission mounts is a completely different matter. I never even got into boost on my test drive because it felt like the car was going to rip itself apart.
Crazy! Appreciate the warning. Will give it a try and report back. Thanks for the heads-up. At the very least, they are easily able to removed so I can put the stock ones back in place in the event the Twisted Tuning mounts are too much.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Tracked my car for the first time today, removed my cusco front sway bar in the front, On H&R springs. Car sucks... literally a sack of potatoes. way too stiff in the front and made the car unbalanced in the rear, put the stock front sway bar in and it helped a little but it is the springs, it is actually causing very unpredictable oversteer and looseness in the rear. Car was aligned yesterday to almost factory specs, tiny bit more camber in the front (2.2) 2.3) and has almost new 275/305 Pilot super sports on it. gonna try and buy coilovers. KW or RSR I active.

OP
OP
domingo

domingo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
You can't get them shipped? I have bought a bunch of stuff from Europe before with no issues. Unless it doesn't work the same the other way around? ;)
Yes I can, but I'm planning to get KW susp next year so looking for something cheaper for this year.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
That's it exactly. I have done an alignment and added a very slight toe-in. Maybe I should have done more.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.
you on stock suspension?
can you share your alignment specs?

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
Bigger F/R sways make a world of difference in reducing body roll + improving turn in. I hammer my car over some country backroads that sometimes have potholes that want to swallow my car, and I appreciate keeping my ride height stock at this point.
Two questions: 1. Did you do this mod yourself? Can it be done without a lift? Can a moderately aware non-mechanic do it? (OK, that's three, but . . .). 2. Does a mod like this void the warranty? I have the impression Toyota is rather, uh stiff-necked about voiding the warranty.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I paid for my BMW mechanic friend to do it. The front is straight forward, but the rear requires the subframe to be dropped a bit (and supported by a jack). I’m sure people have managed w/o a lift, but I bet it’s kinda a pain.

No warranty worries.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Anyone use MSS adjustable springs? No spring rates given on their website, but they are adjustable 0-35 mm

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i really want to go this way also
i love the adaptive suspension, the car is sooooooo comfortable and the stock ride height is great.
but i really want to fight the body roll, any sway bar set that is the best?
cusco ? afe ? whiteline ?
you guys think i should go with adjustable or just plug and play?

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Im having this issue today at the track not sure if it was my alignment or need anti roil bars or the track conditions. 1 month ago car was perfect and was very happy. Did another alignment and attended the same track event today. Car did not show the confidence I had last time. On the my first session got off the track after 3 laps.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im having this issue today at the track not sure if it was my alignment or need anti roil bars or the track conditions. 1 month ago car was perfect and was very happy. Did another alignment and attended the same track event today. Car did not show the confidence I had last time. On the my first session got off the track after 3 laps.
share your alignment

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i did an alifnment also last week
the car feels much better
its not for track, only fast street driving
my toe in, in the back, is in MM
its 0.112 degrees each side

i hope you understand, if not please ask

IMG-9735.jpg

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
This is the original alignment I did right after I purchased the car in 2021. The car handled perfect. I discussed this with Jackie Ding who races a GR Supra. He said this is with in spec to his costumers car Look at the Toe.

tempImageBTdRI1.jpg

Last edited:

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the original alignment I did right after I purchased the car in 2021. The car handled perfect. I discussed this with Jakie Ding who races a GR Supra. He said this is with in spec to his costumers car Look at the Toe.

tempImageBTdRI1.jpg
thats perfect
almost the same like me, why did you change it?
Sponsored