Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I saw a few of you are on the WC waiting list - that's where I got mine. When I picked mine up (3.0 AZ, Sept '23), they told me it was only the 2nd MT they received. In addition to One Toyota, supposedly Elk Grove sells at MSRP but I haven't confirmed that for myself.

On a completely separate note: if you're looking to take advantage of the NASA free track day - if you opt out of marketing communication when you take delivery of your GR car, it means you are opting out of receiving communication from NASA. It makes sense, but I made that mistake not thinking about it and had to contact the GR team and confirm that I do in fact, opt in for it.
Great point on the NASA free track day!

If any of y’all are still waiting, you don’t have to. See link below:

https://gr.drivenasa.com
Sponsored

Brahsthetics

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
I'm #3 for that same trim... There are 3 of us waiting for an MT, premium AZ with cognac interior 😂. I am willing to wait. You can look around but th only other dealer I know of in the area without markup is One Toyota in Oakland. Plus the rates are crazy high right now... But if you drop out let me know, 😂
im first on the AT 3.0 prem trim not the MT. The sales guy Ahmer showed me the list and I saw the MT list is quite long.

Back in July I sat down w him to look at rates with associated credit unions. Based on my credit score I qualify for a 6% at that time. No idea what it is now.

Good luck wiating

Swooprah

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1974 Toyota Celica GT, 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
im first on the AT 3.0 prem trim not the MT. The sales guy Ahmer showed me the list and I saw the MT list is quite long.

Back in July I sat down w him to look at rates with associated credit unions. Based on my credit score I qualify for a 6% at that time. No idea what it is now.

Good luck wiating
Per my sales guy Ben:
1. person in front waiting for manual ( didn't specify trim)
2. Person waiting for blue or white 3.0 premium mt
3. Person completely open waiting for 3.0 premium mt
Only other people in front are waiting for different trims

So I'm actually #4 for an MT. 😕

Good luck to you too! Hopefully see you around the bay with our Supras! 😂 Oh and for this weekend (and next I hope) go Niners!

anmlstyldbldbl

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport
Put my deposit with Longo Toyota on New Year Day. From what I’m learning, I really have to go above and beyond to find what I want.

Not sure what the last model year would be but I might be cutting it close before I resort to the used vehicle market.

Looking for Stratosphere Blue with Hazelnut + 8speed

Last edited:

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Welp, I couldnt take it anymore on the waiting game. 14 months with deposit down and i was 1st of 40 people in line since 2022 for an MT at a high volume dealer in CO. Not one single MT through 2023 and nothing on the radar yet.

So I starting hunting and found a 3.0 MT in blue out of state and its mine! Reserved and got the vin allocation now and delivery is april/may. Im so excited! MSRP by the way! I cannot wait for my 2024 blue 3.0 MT to sit next to my 1994 blue TT 6spd

Last edited:

Brahsthetics

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
Per my sales guy Ben:
1. person in front waiting for manual ( didn't specify trim)
2. Person waiting for blue or white 3.0 premium mt
3. Person completely open waiting for 3.0 premium mt
Only other people in front are waiting for different trims

So I'm actually #4 for an MT. 😕

Good luck to you too! Hopefully see you around the bay with our Supras! 😂 Oh and for this weekend (and next I hope) go Niners!
ayoo, just last week I got an allocation for me at WC AT 3.0 prem in abs white. Coming for me in mid march-April. They told me nothing for MT as of now though unfortunately :(

kanmann88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR86
Sorry in advance - I know this question is beat to death on here.

I'm (desperately) trying to find a new AT 3.0 Premium to sit next to my GR86. I was hoping that trying to find an automatic would be easier than the MT, but all the allocations in my area are actually MT, surprisingly. And of course, there's just so few of them.

I guess my question is - is the allocation spreadsheet still the best thing to use to find a car? There's no Facebook or Reddit group I'm missing out on? I have deposits at two dealerships in Kansas City (where I am). Thinking of putting some more out in surrounding cities but seems kind of financially dumb to do that. I heard allocations happen about every two weeks, but the spreadsheet seems to get randomly updated at weird intervals, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for any advice to ease my neurotic soul!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry in advance - I know this question is beat to death on here.

I'm (desperately) trying to find a new AT 3.0 Premium to sit next to my GR86. I was hoping that trying to find an automatic would be easier than the MT, but all the allocations in my area are actually MT, surprisingly. And of course, there's just so few of them.

I guess my question is - is the allocation spreadsheet still the best thing to use to find a car? There's no Facebook or Reddit group I'm missing out on? I have deposits at two dealerships in Kansas City (where I am). Thinking of putting some more out in surrounding cities but seems kind of financially dumb to do that. I heard allocations happen about every two weeks, but the spreadsheet seems to get randomly updated at weird intervals, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for any advice to ease my neurotic soul!
I still think the zip code search on Toyota’s website works fine. Keep moving out ~150-200 miles. When you find them in inventory, you can call that dealer and deal. It may be in route or on the lot. Regardless, it’s been allocated. If they think this is the last car on the planet worthy of a $10k markup, move on. Many good dealers are willing to sell at MSRP or even less. Just ask. Hope you find one you like! Cheers 🍻

Last edited:

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
I just got my car on Saturday (March 2nd). I started looking in November. I used the tracker spreadsheet, I checked it a couple times a day and looked for new allocations to show up. I then called those dealers to see if they would sell to me at MSRP for a refundable deposit. Took me about a week to get an allocation to my name. The original delivery date was estimated to be end of December. The car arrived in port of NY Jan 19th, and reached the dealership Feb 28th. When I got there, they gave me a bill/invoice with a 5K market adjustment added to the price. I thought this might happen, and I was prepared to walk, however very disappointed I would have been. A deal is a deal... They tried to tell me how there are only 900 of this special edition, etc, etc. I told them I didn't care at all that it was a special edition, I would have rather saved 5K and gotten a regular premium. To me, that 5K was already the market adjustment, I would go no higher. I had been extremely clear with them from the beginning in November that it would be an MSRP deal. Luckily, I had documentation of that promise. In hindsight, I should have gotten something even more ironclad, with a signature or contract or someting. The sales person then left for half an hour to discuss with the manager. When he came back, he had a new invoice with our original MSRP deal. I was relieved, and then nervously drove home 2 hours through a downpour passing at least a half dozen wrecks. I'm very excited to have the car, though the dealership treatment did sour the experience a little bit.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got my car on Saturday (March 2nd). I started looking in November. I used the tracker spreadsheet, I checked it a couple times a day and looked for new allocations to show up. I then called those dealers to see if they would sell to me at MSRP for a refundable deposit. Took me about a week to get an allocation to my name. The original delivery date was estimated to be end of December. The car arrived in port of NY Jan 19th, and reached the dealership Feb 28th. When I got there, they gave me a bill/invoice with a 5K market adjustment added to the price. I thought this might happen, and I was prepared to walk, however very disappointed I would have been. A deal is a deal... They tried to tell me how there are only 900 of this special edition, etc, etc. I told them I didn't care at all that it was a special edition, I would have rather saved 5K and gotten a regular premium. To me, that 5K was already the market adjustment, I would go no higher. I had been extremely clear with them from the beginning in November that it would be an MSRP deal. Luckily, I had documentation of that promise. In hindsight, I should have gotten something even more ironclad, with a signature or contract or someting. The sales person then left for half an hour to discuss with the manager. When he came back, he had a new invoice with our original MSRP deal. I was relieved, and then nervously drove home 2 hours through a downpour passing at least a half dozen wrecks. I'm very excited to have the car, though the dealership treatment did sour the experience a little bit.
Good for you sticking to your guns! And why I like buying long distance from the comfort of my home… Congrats 🎉 amigo!! Don’t forget to sign up for your free track day 🏎 💨

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Good for you sticking to your guns! And why I like buying long distance from the comfort of my home… Congrats 🎉 amigo!! Don’t forget to sign up for your free track day 🏎 💨

Oh don't worry, I can't WAIT to get out to the track. I haven't been yet this season because I wanted to save my track budget for the Supra. I'm solo intermediate in HPDE; I am a bit nervous about going out alone for the first time in this car. Getting instruction at NASA first would be great. Now I just have to suffer through the torture of the breakin period.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Finally secured an allocation! Placed a deposit on a Stratosphere 3.0 MT. The only problem is the car is in Detroit and I’m in Kansas City…guess there’s a road trip in my future 😅
good you may have bumped me up on the list. guessing you had a deposit down at molle? last I checked (in feb) I was number 4 on the list. what position were you in?
Sponsored