Suggs.OR's Nocturnal Supra Build

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... quick little background... feel free to skip. Like a lot of people I was not sure what to think at first about the supra's new design but fell in love with it. I took delivery of my 2021 3.0 Premium at the beginning of August after the dealership resolved the issue with the 2020 I had. My initial goal was to start modifying this vehicle because ive never really had a car worth mods before. The supra was the first car that I feel like I could keep for the rest of my life This goal has now changed a little bit but the new goal is to keep the car daily drivable but make it a little bit more aggressive and be able to do a couple track days a summer.

Installed:
  • 30% window tint
  • Front clear bra
  • Cusco rear tow hook
  • Rexpeed passenger side interior CF badge
  • Rexpeed CF steering wheel badge
  • HKS cat back exhaust
  • Platypus License Plate (CravenSpeed)
Awaiting Delivery:
  • Revel GT Dry Carbon Seat Insert Covers
  • WORK Wheels (Meister M1 3P)
Awaiting Install:
  • ZL1 Toyota Supra Rock Guards
  • HKS Hipermax Adjustable Height Springs
Future Plans:
  • Just awaiting several body parts to arrive/be ordered (front lip, duckbill, side skirts, and rear spats)
  • Replace the steering wheel with one from vividracing or realcarbontastic. Not sure which one yet but plan to install a more high performance looking steering wheel while keeping all the functions of the OEM steering wheel.
  • New downpipe, cold air intake, and tune if my ECU isnt locked. I think it should be good because my build date was 04/2020 but I havent actually checked yet.
  • Set of track only wheels and tires
  • lots of track days
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Sounds like a good start and future plans.
If you plan on tracking it much you should change out the brake pads/ fluid and upgrade the heat exchanger and aux radiators.
Outside of that, I'd look into some the SPL suspension parts to aid in handling and alignment.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Couple small updates:

Got the bad news that the wheels are delayed until Februaryish so that is going to delay my entire build.

Installed the Revel carbon fiber seat inserts (Ill post photos in a little bit).

I ordered HKS adjustable lowering springs but those will wait to go onto the car until the wheels arriev.

Ive also decided on the Artisan Spirits Black Label rear trunk spoiler and that is going to be ordered in the near future.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pics of the Revel carbon fiber seat inserts. I love the way the look and was never a huge fan of the silver. I feel like it was just out of place as you looked at the car from the outside. As you can see from one of the pictures the CF isnt exactly like the enter console but is extremely close.

Here are some comparison photos.

20201021_175945.jpg

20201021_180011.jpg

20201021_180024.jpg

20201021_180319.jpg

20201021_180331.jpg

20201021_180613.jpg

20201021_180618.jpg

20201021_180629.jpg

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
how thick are those seat inserts? they seem to bulge out a decent amount. thinking about getting a set but concerned if they dig into the shoulders

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They were not very thick in my opinion. I have only sat in them for about 5 minutes so far and didn't feel uncomfortable. Im doing a long road trip this weekend and can give you a better answer on how comfortable they are or are not.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
that would be great. i'm curious if you can actually feel them while u sit because currently the oem ones dont touch me at all and I'd like to maintain that.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that would be great. i'm curious if you can actually feel them while u sit because currently the oem ones dont touch me at all and I'd like to maintain that.
I just went on a good drive today and to be honest didnt even notice a difference with these on.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my licenses plates from the Oregon DMV. Front licences plate bracket is the Craven Speed - Playtpus front licence plate mount. Trying to figure out how to make the pictures small enough to show and tell

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Parts Update:
Wheels should be here in January if nothing else is delayed and are going to be installed the first week of February along with the HKS lowering springs and ZL1 mud flaps. Rear window louvers can arrive anytime between now and 4 weeks from now based on a 8 to 12 week lead time that I was told.

Car is getting a paint correction/ceramic coating put on in a couple of weeks.

I have figured out my vision for what I want to do under the hood of the vehicle but will save that for once I start buying parts.

Ordered the weathertech floor mats for the front, painted rexpeed spoiler, and some carbon fiber paddle shifter extensions to slowly buy the "smaller items" that I have had my eye on.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Small update...

The weathertech floor mats are 100% worth it. They look great and fit almost perfectly.

I am still waiting on FedEx to deliver my painted rear spoiler from Rexpeed and the carbon fiber paddle shifter extensions. Three days in a row now they have loaded it onto the truck because they somehow keep forgetting to do it... So when ever those arrive I will be putting pictures up. I havent seen anyone else do the painted yet and only really has been the carbon fiber spoilers so im interested to see how close the paint matches.

Today I ordered the SPL adjustable front lower control arms for when my wheels arrive and I get the lowering springs put on. To start dressing up the engine bay i got all of the Verus fluid caps.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Added the Verus engineering fluid caps today. Saturday should be a big day hopefully. I will be using Bimmercode to turn off the ASD and make a couple other changes, take some pictures of the newly installed rexpeed painted spoiler, and hopefully get the rock guards on.
20201204_121650.jpg
20201204_121647.jpg
20201204_121644.jpg
20201204_121637.jpg

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the painted Rexpeed duckbill spoiler (TRD style) and think it looks absolutely great. I have mainly seen people only do the carbon fiber version. Fitment is great. Installation was super easy. Feels very solid. The paint is a really close match. Certain angles looks like there is no difference in paint color, other angles you can tell a little bit from the glossiness.

Excuse the dirtiness of the car. it gets a wash and ceramic coating this next week....

20201205_115659.jpg
20201205_115649.jpg
20201205_115656.jpg
20201205_115651.jpg
Sponsored