Sunday I say Goodbye to the Supra

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
It’s been an awesome car to own and it’s one of the ones I’ve kept the longest. Like many here we love cars and I love working on new projects. I will say I am going to miss this one though, it’s special. I was going to just keep it but someone made a full asking price offer and I couldn’t say no to that. Well I guess I could have but I didn’t.. I’m ready to move on to the next project (my new Tesla Model Y Performance) for now but I think I want to try out a Model S Plaid so that will most likely be the Supra replacement. We are on our 3rd Tesla and they have been really great (2 Model Y’s and 3 Performance) so the Plaid should be a rip! This has been an awesome community and lots of folks here have been super helpful so that was much appreciated.. I’m sure I’ll come back around to another one someday but for now it’s bittersweet.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
lol as a plaid owner they’re fucking perfect daily drivers and fast af haha

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Not everyone wants a good car
some buy appliances
there's a gotta be SOMEONE to buy them
There’s that and just the simple added practicality of a Tesla if a “go fast on your normal drive/commute” type vehicle is all you really need.

I’ve seen it happen amongst my own car enthusiast friends. Several college buddies who I still hang out with regularly today used to have cars like a 94 prelude, Integras, WRXs, 350z, E46s, G35s, and S4s who now mostly have either a model 3 or y and a couple with Xs.

The outliers are Subaru hatchbacks, and sadly for one poor (not literally) chap a Honda Odyssey.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I’m a car enthusiast and I love all kinds of cars, I’ve had well over 100 in my life and I’m not slowing down now dammit LOL. I do enjoy not having to go to a gas station all the time, not doing oil changes or plug changes or starter changes like I just did on the Supra. We drove our model 3 performance 25,000 miles and did nothing but plug it in and enjoy it. I drove my Model Y to Indianapolis from Tampa a few weeks ago, 2200 miles round trip. I had free super charger miles so the whole trip was free!

I commute 70 miles round trip to work and my gas bill is about zero, i say about because I still have my Slingshot and my Harley so when I need my gas fix I just drive one of those. The garage was full, the wife was parking outside (can’t have that) so some space was needed. As much as I love the Supra it really sat a lot. I had a lot of fun with it and really enjoyed building it. Now i’ll tinker with some visuals on the Tesla and have a bit of fun with that Then move on to a Plaid then I have no idea what the heck to get. My boss has an Audi R8 he wants to sell… hmmm…

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
There’s that and just the simple added practicality of a Tesla if a “go fast on your normal drive/commute” type vehicle is all you really need.

I’ve seen it happen amongst my own car enthusiast friends. Several college buddies who I still hang out with regularly today used to have cars like a 94 prelude, Integras, WRXs, 350z, E46s, G35s, and S4s who now mostly have either a model 3 or y and a couple with Xs.

The outliers are Subaru hatchbacks, and sadly for one poor (not literally) chap a Honda Odyssey.
Hey man, I got dusted by a Honda Odyssey back when I had my FR-S lol

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
If I had to commute again, I'd honestly be looking at a Tesla.

I would actually sell the Supra to do it since my other cars aren't as replaceable.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I just sold my Supra this week also bittersweet feeling… but now I’m on the search for a C7 Z06 or a Shelby GT500 might take some time because i want a nice example of either :)

66joeyn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler 2023 Supra
It’s been an awesome car to own and it’s one of the ones I’ve kept the longest. Like many here we love cars and I love working on new projects. I will say I am going to miss this one though, it’s special. I was going to just keep it but someone made a full asking price offer and I couldn’t say no to that. Well I guess I could have but I didn’t.. I’m ready to move on to the next project (my new Tesla Model Y Performance) for now but I think I want to try out a Model S Plaid so that will most likely be the Supra replacement. We are on our 3rd Tesla and they have been really great (2 Model Y’s and 3 Performance) so the Plaid should be a rip! This has been an awesome community and lots of folks here have been super helpful so that was much appreciated.. I’m sure I’ll come back around to another one someday but for now it’s bittersweet.
Can you please tell me what you sold it for and the details of your Supra? I have a 2023 manual blue Supra and wondering what people were paying these days.
Thank you, joe

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I sold it for $55k. It’s listed in the cars for sale section if you want to see all the details

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
If I had to commute again, I'd honestly be looking at a Tesla.

I would actually sell the Supra to do it since my other cars aren't as replaceable.
Our new neighbors that just moved in both husband and wife in their early 30’s with kids both work from home so they don’t commute and they both own Tesla’s. A Model Y and the new Model 3. It’s more than the commute. If you’re not a car person, it’s just practicality to never have to get gas and charge your car at home.

66joeyn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler 2023 Supra
I sold it for $55k. It’s listed in the cars for sale section if you want to see all the details
Thank you. The white wheels really made it pop. Best of luck with your next project.
Sponsored