2020 Supra Premium

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
@ColonelAdama Yea sure did. Contractor in Naples got it for his sons 15th birthday 😳 I was a little concerned but I wrote up 3 pages of instructions on how to take care of it, how to do the fueling, what maps he can run with what fuel, the full mod list, everything I could think of.
Funny plot twist to that story. His Mom loaded the JB4 app on her phone! She controls the power. Apparently neither son nor father can be trusted with it 😜
i am not a fan of this but i appreciate you taking measures for the son's safety. this is just damn scary. hoping the kid has good friends that don't pressure him into dumb stuff

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Sunday has come and passed,
the innocence can never last,
wake me up, when this thread ends

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
@ColonelAdama Yea sure did. Contractor in Naples got it for his sons 15th birthday 😳 I was a little concerned but I wrote up 3 pages of instructions on how to take care of it, how to do the fueling, what maps he can run with what fuel, the full mod list, everything I could think of.

At first I almost said no and didn’t sell it, I don’t want that kid crashing and getting hurt or worse on my conscious but his Dad made a good point. He’s going to drive with him in the car for a full year supervised. They’ll start with Map 0 and slowly work up the power as he gets better. He also wants to put some drag radials on and take him to the track and teach him how to drive properly. By the time he’s 16 he should be pretty comfortable with the car. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

I had actually pulled the ad from everywhere and forgot it was on Autotrader. They offered me lower then asking and I just politely declined and mentioned I was pulling the ad down but I would consider a full price offer no discounts. He said yes. Then they paid us $250 to deliver it and took us out for a nice steak and seafood lunch. I mean how can you say no to steak and seafood 🤣

it was time. I had done all I wanted to it, the fun for me is in building it up, once it’s done I kinda lose interest and am ready to move on to the next fun project. I did keep this one for a year and half which is way longer than most of my cars. Usually if they make it 6-8 months that is a long time in my household. Shit I’ve only had the Model Y for a couple months and I’m thinking of selling it and getting the Plaid.
Holy shit dude! Unless that kid is on some serious meds (to neutralize both testicles running full speed at his age) unlikely he’ll make it a year unscathed. Poor kid and parents believing this is the right thing to do. Making Naples FL fit it’s stereotype. We yanked our kids out of private school because everyone was so privileged, my dad has more than your dad mentality. Throw in the stupidity of those parent, wow 🤯

That’s just my dumb opinion. Which I actually love about this thread. Besides you and Danny pissing on each other 😂 You make some great points about EV ownership. I’m sure I’ll have one someday. One thing I’m glad about not everyone jumping on board yet is not overloading most of our shitty grids w/out substantial ☢ power to back em up. These EVs use a lot of power. Just facts. Similar to my AC unit running 24/7 down here in Ft. Myers.

A ride in my friend Tesla Plaid was amazing!! He loved being in my car as well. Different strokes for different folks. I absolutely love that.

i am not a fan of this but i appreciate you taking measures for the son's safety. this is just damn scary. hoping the kid has good friends that don't pressure him into dumb stuff
Wise man once said ☝ 🚑

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Amen to that brother! Very privileged down there some might say more money then sense but we will see I really hope it turns out ok.

as they say “ not my monkey not my circus” 😂

I’m really trying to suppress the itch to go buy something else. It’s like withdrawals. Cold sweats. Browsing inventory. Building out cars online. I need a 12 step program for my automotive ADD.

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
The Morizo is sooo rare though! I don't know if I could pass that up. You can always find another MKV, but I've never seen a Morizo.
So I finally pried a price out of them for the Morizo. They straight faced told me its listed at 81k which is 30k over sticker. LMAO. I can find them listed at 60k in some cases elsewhere. I wonder if Toyota Corporate knows dealers are out here being clowns.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
So I finally pried a price out of them for the Morizo. They straight faced told me its listed at 81k which is 30k over sticker. LMAO. I can find them listed at 60k in some cases elsewhere. I wonder if Toyota Corporate knows dealers are out here being clowns.
that is bonkers for a Corolla i don’t care how cool it is.

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
coming-to-america-arseniohall.gif

The guys goes, "We have seen then go for more at auction, is there a price that works for you?"
😭

corolla.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
We had some special version here (probably not that one). Friend went to go get it, dealer did similar spiel how it‘s such a special $$$ car. He left, went and bought a VW GTi. I know it’s comparing apples to oranges. But if Toyota wants to help the competition, they‘re doing a good job of it. It’s the last year for a manual for the GTi. No markup & he’s happier than a pig in 💩

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
We had some special version here (probably not that one). Friend went to go get it, dealer did similar spiel how it‘s such a special $$$ car. He left, went and bought a VW GTi. I know it’s comparing apples to oranges. But if Toyota wants to help the competition, they‘re doing a good job of it. It’s the last year for a manual for the GTi. No markup & he’s happier than a pig in 💩
Ya this was some dealer in PA near the airport. Why they are pricing like they have the only one in the country is crazy. Easiest walk-away Ive had.
Sponsored