Supersprint Downpipes and Exhaust

nksupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Has anyone installed the Supersprint exhaust and downpipe? Link here: https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sport-exhaust-supersprint-toyota-gr-supra-30l-turbo.aspx

I am pretty confused about the center pipes with catalytic converters. What are they for? I was under the impression the only cats in the car stock were in the downpipe? Is this in case you want to run catless downpipes and then put the cat in the center section for slightly better spool?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
lol, indeed. Those curvatures don't even make sense.
If you look at other catbacks and also this one image from their website, they have totally different angles coming from the cat.

but oh man, those crazy prices with 0 information other than being SS.

OP
OP

nksupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I asked for the specs. they forwarded me to their dealer who doesn't seem to know much.

"Supersprint have asked me to contact you regarding an exhaust system for your Supra A90.

The Supra cat is indeed in the downpipe, not the front section of the exhaust. I have contacted Supersprint regarding the cat spec and the exhaust size and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Please be aware that be removing the GPF/OPF, the car will have to be remapped to turn off the check engine light and will not pass emissions and MOT."

"to be honest 525832 is not very useful in the UK as all cars have the GPF/OPF filter."

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
$2,200 to be exact :)
But, compared to all other US DP's the flow is restricted right off the bat. Flange looks 4.5", but seems to go down to, based on my estimate from the picture, 2.8-3"... and continues on.. so perhaps pressure drop is affected. maybe sounds great?

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
You would think at the price they are charging for the down pipes they would clean the welds up. I used to make oilfield equipment that had cleaner welds than that.

OP
OP

nksupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
On a somewhat related note, is it, in general not just for this car, a viable option to run catless downpipes but have cats further down in the exhaust system? Would it help turbo spool up while still meeting emissions/not polluting/not stinking?

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Evolve Automotive makes a demo video about it
Sound sample starts from 7:29, pretty good!

Last edited: