Supra 6MT vs Porsche 997.2 (PDK most likely)

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I think I might have missed your update on another thread. I saw you on that YouTube video when you first bought the 2023 6MT burnout white. Did you keep it or end up also selling?
I got offered msrp and sold it, very bittersweet but I wasn't in the position to keep both, and I figured my last chance to ever order a new N/A manual porsche.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoma714

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I got offered msrp and sold it, very bittersweet but I wasn't in the position to keep both, and I figured my last chance to ever order a new N/A manual porsche.
Makes sense. I feel bad for anyone who paid $10-$15k above msrp for our manual MKVs when the stealerships were taking advantage. Iā€™m going to keep an eye out for a 997 and like you said, itā€™s a different beast. Gotta pull the trigger quick.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
The manual 997s are so hard to find in respectable condition. Every time I do a search itā€™s like 3 manuals vs 13 PDKs and the manuals are like 4 owners deep with 60k miles as an example.
Not to go off topic but I think its hilarious that the auto Supra aficionados don't seem to notice these obvious trends in every other car. Manuals are, have been and always will be more desirable. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
Tacoma714

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Not to go off topic but I think its hilarious that the auto Supra aficionados don't seem to notice these obvious trends in every other car. Manuals are, have been and always will be more desirable. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Itā€™s so intense with the Porsche market itā€™s crazy how many PDKs are available and barely any manuals for sale on the used market. Maybe the generation coming up as kids right now wonā€™t care for Manuals because they will live in an electrified world and wonā€™t know any better. I honestly think the Manual sizzle was the reason Toyota didnā€™t release the manual in the beginning so that they could drop it on us 3 years later and continue the sizzle of the MKV before it gets discontinued.

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Itā€™s so intense with the Porsche market itā€™s crazy how many PDKs are available and barely any manuals for sale on the used market.
Manuals have always been coveted in performance cars. The MKV is the first performance car I have ever heard of where the automatics are considered ownable, let alone decried "better than the manual." Which they are not.

I wonder if the car was released as a manual in 2019 (or better yet as a manual only), how many current owners would've steered clear of the car? I know I would've bought one four years earlier!

And to everyone who owns and/or is shopping for Porches apparently.. or old GTRs.. or RX7s or NSXs or MKIVs or (insert any car you like, really), lol.

It's actually quite undeniable, but you keep on flicking those paddles. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Souprahman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
Manuals have always been coveted in performance cars. The MKV is the first performance car I have ever heard of where the automatics are considered ownable, let alone decried "better than the manual." Which they are not.

I wonder if the car was released as a manual in 2019 (or better yet as a manual only), how many current owners would've steered clear of the car? I know I would've bought one four years earlier!

And to everyone who owns and/or is shopping for Porches apparently.. or old GTRs.. or RX7s or NSXs or MKIVs or (insert any car you like, really), lol.

It's actually quite undeniable, but you keep on flicking those paddles. šŸ˜‚
Agreed! Supra was not on my radar until it came out with a manual even when they were going for under MSRP. As soon as the manual came out, I had to have one at all costs.. paid a hefty markup and forced a bunch of dealer add ons. Poor financial decision based on emotion, but I know many manual enthusiasts who would do the same. I would rather get a m340i before I get an auto Supra.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0 (in transit)
Manuals are desirable to a subset of performance enthusiasts. Prior to about 8-10 years ago automatics sucked so of course manuals were desired, they were faster than the contemporary autos of the day. You also couldnā€™t control the autos very well so there was no engagement with autos, and when they first started putting paddles or buttons on the steering wheel, they were extremely slow to respond. Autos now are vastly improved. I can control my autos in manual mode exactly how I want it.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Agreed! Supra was not on my radar until it came out with a manual even when they were going for under MSRP. As soon as the manual came out, I had to have one at all costs.. paid a hefty markup and forced a bunch of dealer add ons. Poor financial decision based on emotion, but I know many manual enthusiasts who would do the same. I would rather get a m340i before I get an auto Supra.
When the Supra came out, I wrote Toyota that if they made a manual Iā€™d buy it. Not sure what took them so long

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
this is currently, and will always be true- now after owning both, I can say they both are equally good in their respective ways, the auto is still an amazing car, but when it comes to sheer specialness and value, the manuals will forever hold in my guess a 20-30% premium over auto's in the coming years, given that for once, bmw actually made a manual that wasn't a rubber Dildo, looking at you g8x platform.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I used to drive a Porsche. A lot of fun but preference for me, the Supra. I just enjoy it. I had horses most of my life, I broke and trined them (gentle broke) when I could. For my, taking my Supra out is like taking my favorite horse out. Like using a camera, it has to be a good one but the rest is really the driver and then the bond. Then you have the art.
Sponsored