Supra Coding Step By Step

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone else using another OBD reader? other than the obdlink MX+, that also works with ios?
Veepeak states that it will work with ios. However I can't confirm because I'm droid. Just buy on AMZ for $35 and return if it doesn't work. But you should be gold.
Sponsored

Cruzinbill

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Supra
I'm confused. The Bimmercode app has support for hardwire OBD connection? Mine is bluetooth. I really would like to use a PC with bimmercode but I'm finding zip.

Yes, you just plug it into your phone and choose ethernet. There isnt a pc app it's still IOS or android phone needed. I just prefer the hardwire method for speed and reliability.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Yes, you just plug it into your phone and choose ethernet. There isnt a pc app it's still IOS or android phone needed. I just prefer the hardwire method for speed and reliability.
Thanks for that. I just found the Ethernet/lightning adapter for the iPhone.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Works for me. Funny this direct-connect idea never really occurred to me. Gettin' old.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Used bimmercode yesterday to code the supra:
  • Deactivated the active sound noise
  • Set default driving startup mode to 'sport individual'
  • Mirror tilt to 30% (instead of the default 100%)
  • Activated the memory function of the start-/stop function
  • Put as ringtone the one present on the mobile phone (instead of the default BMW ringtone)
  • Set the warning sound currently to 'rolls royce' (need to play with the settings to see which I prefer the most)
  • Raised the standard startup audio volume to 40% (maybe will increase it to 50%... as I am always using apple carplay)
  • Activated the video in motion (did not test it yet)
  • Activated the additional video codecs
  • Activated the video through USB

You notice indeed that it in sport mode, it is so much quieter :)

P.S.: I coded it via the MHD OBD2 Wifi adapter F/G series (had it when I was still running MHD cause Ecutek was not yet available)
Works fine and very fast

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Used bimmercode yesterday to code the supra:
  • Deactivated the active sound noise
  • Set default driving startup mode to 'sport individual'
  • Mirror tilt to 30% (instead of the default 100%)
  • Activated the memory function of the start-/stop function
  • Put as ringtone the one present on the mobile phone (instead of the default BMW ringtone)
  • Set the warning sound currently to 'rolls royce' (need to play with the settings to see which I prefer the most)
  • Raised the standard startup audio volume to 40% (maybe will increase it to 50%... as I am always using apple carplay)
  • Activated the video in motion (did not test it yet)
  • Activated the additional video codecs
  • Activated the video through USB

You notice indeed that it in sport mode, it is so much quieter :)

P.S.: I coded it via the MHD OBD2 Wifi adapter F/G series (had it when I was still running MHD cause Ecutek was not yet available)
Works fine and very fast
Those are the most common. I also tinkered around a bit with the alarm sounds. They are buried in Expert mode in the Roof ECU (there is no current support for this in Supra/Z4 yet) and so I haven't really completed these changes yet. I can't hear the alarm set when the doors get locked...just see the headlights/tailights flash. There are a handful of available settings there (Europe, USA, etc.).

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
And turning on the heated seats automatically if the temperature is below a certain point!

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And turning on the heated seats automatically if the temperature is below a certain point!
I scrolled past those settings once and then couldn't find them afterwards. Do you recall where?

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One thing I do would like in bimmercode (maybe it is in expert mode) , is the volume of the "warning sounds".
You can barely hear the 'rolls royce' parking sensor sounds when the volume of your audio is at around 30-40%.

I think what is already somewhere in expert mode... is to change the color of the gauge cluster?
Now that I am always in 'sport individual' mode, the cluster is colored red. But I prefer the orange one more :)

Still need to see what is available in expert mode :)

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One thing I do would like in bimmercode (maybe it is in expert mode) , is the volume of the "warning sounds".
You can barely hear the 'rolls royce' parking sensor sounds when the volume of your audio is at around 30-40%.

I think what is already somewhere in expert mode... is to change the color of the gauge cluster?
Now that I am always in 'sport individual' mode, the cluster is colored red. But I prefer the orange one more :)

Still need to see what is available in expert mode :)
Warning volume is already available In the settings in the Headunit I believe. At least Iā€™m sure the gong and chime volumes are in there.

Yes the colors (red or orange only) can be changed in sport mode...Thatā€™s in the headunit ecu. Iā€™d like to look into the possibility of other colors that may be available in LEDs but I donā€™t hold out much hope.

I stumbled across one more setting of interest: in navigation, you can display the general ares, on the map, where you may need to refuel like on a trip. I didnā€™t make the change and have now forgotten where it was...expert mode in the headunit as I recall.

There are so many possibilities in there...which are available but toggled off from the factory.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Warning volume is already available In the settings in the Headunit I believe. At least Iā€™m sure the gong and chime volumes are in there.
Maybe I overlooked that option, thanks :)

Yes the colors (red or orange only) can be changed in sport mode...Thatā€™s in the headunit ecu. Iā€™d like to look into the possibility of other colors that may be available in LEDs but I donā€™t hold out much hope.
Maybe as well in expert mode?

There are so many possibilities in there...which are available but toggled off from the factory.
Guess we need to dig in the expert mode :)

SunbirdGTO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1986 Mitsubishi Starion
It's in this video.

Shout out to CarGuy11. Man, I can thank you enough on the coding! Have to admit that I was a little nervous changing a 50k car, but what a difference! Probably adjusted a dozen things including the big three of dim lighting, auto stop/start and active speaker sounds.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shout out to CarGuy11. Man, I can thank you enough on the coding! Have to admit that I was a little nervous changing a 50k car, but what a difference! Probably adjusted a dozen things including the big three of dim lighting, auto stop/start and active speaker sounds.
Now you're going to be hit by the "lure". The LURE is the magnetic attraction between you and your OBD port in order to discover new bimmercode treasures. There is no way to resist. It will pull you to the garage weekly to make new changes.

It is the car version of the BORG. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored