Supra replacement hood vents question

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
So ive been looking at replacing my hood side vents, since they were damaged.

I fell upon somereplacement products that offer actual vents rather then the oem "plug"

I did some poking around with a boroscope and although there is no direct channel to the side vents, there are various holes in the underside of the hood and its accompanying channels that actually lead to that hole.

my question is, has anyone put these pfunctional vents? has there been any drawbacks? water coming in etc?

From what i can see the whatever water would make it in would have access out the side holes of the hood that already channel water....

Anyone have em installed have any issues with them?
Sponsored

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
I have the supramod (@stormgreysupra) vents in gloss black and they not only look great, but I've had zero issues. There is a large thread on them if you haven't seen that already.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Water goes in the stock ones too. The hoods aluminum so it's not going to rust anyways.

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
i installed the same ... no issues .. i just couldn't stand the 'blanked off' ones and the comments from people at shows.

I also have the front bumper ones also.

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Stratosphere)
i installed the same ... no issues .. i just couldn't stand the 'blanked off' ones and the comments from people at shows.

I also have the front bumper ones also.
Is your Supra in Stratosphere blue and if so, is the body color showing through the open front bumper vents very noticeable?

In my opinion, on a lighter color car, the color showing through the vent is an eyesore. Stratosphere is a darker blue, but I'm curious if it is as glaring as this yellow in the picture is.
Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 9.53.08 AM.png

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is your Supra in Stratosphere blue and if so, is the body color showing through the open front bumper vents very noticeable?

In my opinion, on a lighter color car, the color showing through the vent is an eyesore. Stratosphere is a darker blue, but I'm curious if it is as glaring as this yellow in the picture is.
Mine is and I don't notice it. I was prepared to order some vinyl and black out behind if it bugged me (as I saw the picture you're showing) but I've never once noticed since install.

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later
For the folks who have them, don't they make it a pain to clean your car after the elements get trapped in there?

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
my car is Downshift Blue --- fit and finish are top notch (i bought matt ones) .. i dont see the body colour through the vents ... but agree yellow and white cars might be more of an issue.

IMHO .. ANYTHING is better than seeing those blanked off vents.

Reactions: CC3

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
For the folks who have them, don't they make it a pain to clean your car after the elements get trapped in there?

nope ... actually easier as cleaning the blanked off squares was worse.

yes they are bloody expensive for what they are but looks so much better and easy to revert for winter or resale when i sell car.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In my opinion they made it easier to clean. I wish there was a similar replacement for the doors but obviously that must not work. I don't have anything pile up inside. Soap, spray with water, done. Highly recommend the gloss ones I think they really add a nice pop on.

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Stratosphere)
Mine is and I don't notice it. I was prepared to order some vinyl and black out behind if it bugged me (as I saw the picture you're showing) but I've never once noticed since install.
Thanks for the reply!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wonder if this is actually hurting the drag, thus speed and MPG...
That air, unless you guys have a duct, is getting stuck under the headlight area, wheel well area... and if you ask me not doing you guys any favor. my 2 cents.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I wonder if this is actually hurting the drag, thus speed and MPG...
That air, unless you guys have a duct, is getting stuck under the headlight area, wheel well area... and if you ask me not doing you guys any favor. my 2 cents.
We don't know if it's really enough to matter, and if there's no exit for the air coming in, that area just retains the positive pressure and acts like the inlet vents are essentially still blocked off. At least in theory it does..
Sponsored