SUPRA ULTIMATE JB4 GUIDE AND LOG REVIEW (V1)

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI

Trilowe1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Hi Colonel,

Thank you for your contribution to the community for all the great info! Love digging through the data and I can see some throttle closure. Any input would be great!

The car is bone stock 2022 3.0 just jb4 and Canadian 94 oct. Used Map 2 due to octane

Bought the JB4 used from a member you helped with a MT so I know Map 6 settings will definitely not apply to my auto.
Can you take a look at my log for review?

Datazap

https://datazap.me/u/trilowe1gmailcom/apr-1-map-2?log=0&data=1-4

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi Colonel,

Thank you for your contribution to the community for all the great info! Love digging through the data and I can see some throttle closure. Any input would be great!

The car is bone stock 2022 3.0 just jb4 and Canadian 94 oct. Used Map 2 due to octane

Bought the JB4 used from a member you helped with a MT so I know Map 6 settings will definitely not apply to my auto.
Can you take a look at my log for review?

Datazap

https://datazap.me/u/trilowe1gmailcom/apr-1-map-2?log=0&data=1-4
Looks pretty clean. Can you get a 4th gear log since that one had wheelspin? That may have caused the throttle closure.

Trilowe1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Looks pretty clean. Can you get a 4th gear log since that one had wheelspin? That may have caused the throttle closure.
Thanks Colonel!! Iā€™ll try a 4th gear and Iā€™m getting my summers on this week so that should help. Ill upload as soon as I can.

Vt-mech

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 my Supra 3.0 premium
So after providing Terry at BMS that feedback today, he is planning to incorporate an "MT supra" mode in the next official JB4 firmware version.

ie: flip one of the "options" bits under user-adjustable to change the wastegate control behavior to better suit this car (what I've been testing and refining for months)

Hope for more good news soon. Anyone else on here MT+JB4 that is having issues and want to try this MT-specific un-released firmware? I want to see if the solution I implemented is repeatable.
I havenā€™t had good enough weather to get my 23 mt out of winter storage yet but am excited to install ftp chargepipe, armytrix catless dp and armaspeed intake with jb4. I didnā€™t realize mt had problems with jb4 so kinda hoping you worked some magic. Love to try your firmware soon as we stop getting snow lol

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I havenā€™t had good enough weather to get my 23 mt out of winter storage yet but am excited to install ftp chargepipe, armytrix catless dp and armaspeed intake with jb4. I didnā€™t realize mt had problems with jb4 so kinda hoping you worked some magic. Love to try your firmware soon as we stop getting snow lol
Sounds good, I have two MT guys who will be testing the new firmware soon, so hoping it is repeatable.

Still running pretty well for me.

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Poopra, 95 240s(u)x, 91 240s(u)x, 01 Cherocrap
OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Kevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Poopra, 95 240s(u)x, 91 240s(u)x, 01 Cherocrap
Any mods? Looks like it may need a little work 4.5k and under.
A catted downpipe and cat back, also a ricer intake. everything else power wise is stock

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A catted downpipe and cat back, also a ricer intake. everything else power wise is stock
yeah drop Duty bias for 4500 and below by 5 each. needed for downpipes

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hello, Im pretty new to actually looking into my logs, the cars felt a little weird with map 2 but here is a 2500 3rd gear pull. I have injen CAI, Wagner high flow DP, exhaust. also recently getting the smoke on a full stop - fully warmed up..: https://datazap.me/u/hinjie/first?log=0&data=1-2-4-8-18-21-23-36
Boost control seems fine, but yeah it is simply too much boost for the octane so it has poor timing. Want to send a map 1 log?

hinjie

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium
Boost control seems fine, but yeah it is simply too much boost for the octane so it has poor timing. Want to send a map 1 log?
Will do, i think i messed up and that was map 1. Any thing on the smoke?

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will do, i think i messed up and that was map 1. Any thing on the smoke?
No sorry. Don't think it is JB4 related. Everything looks good except poor timing.

The log you sent was definitely Map 2, shows in the log.
Sponsored