Supra v Supra v Supra

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
They did run flat 12.0s in the dry with 3.0 there, lowest for 2.0 I saw was I think 13.2s so the gap is actually big in dry conditions, while in wet it becomes quite narrow due to problems with traction.
Also, this 2.0 is equipped with SportPackage with LSD and Brembo brakes, I wonder why it stops worse than 3.0. Its not 100kg lighter tho, they are wrong, but still it should stop at least simmilar to 3.0. Maybe different pads?
I think the braking test should be taken with more than a grain of salt. Think about how many feet youā€™re traveling per second at that speed. Then consider if any of the drivers could be a tenth of a second or a half of a second (who knows) different in when they brake. I think the error bars on this one are understandably big. Could explain the difference.
Sponsored

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I think the braking test should be taken with more than a grain of salt. Think about how many feet youā€™re traveling per second at that speed. Then consider if any of the drivers could be a tenth of a second or a half of a second (who knows) different in when they brake. I think the error bars on this one are understandably big. Could explain the difference.
I mean in general, 2.0 stops worse than 3.0, even with Brembo brakes, having looked on other test results, not only on this one, thats why I am curious :)

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
I mean in general, 2.0 stops worse than 3.0, even with Brembo brakes, having looked on other test results, not only on this one, thats why I am curious :)
It could be due to the 2.0's single-piston Brembos and smaller discs, vs four-piston front Brembos and larger discs on the 3.0. The size of the tire contact patches could be a factor as well.

Edit: And the white SUPRA caliper decals shorten braking distance by 10' .... :thumbsup:

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
It could be due to the 2.0's single-piston Brembos and smaller discs, vs four-piston front Brembos and larger discs on the 3.0. The size of the tire contact patches could be a factor as well.

Edit: And the white SUPRA caliper decals shorten braking distance by 10' .... :thumbsup:
I ment 2.0 with Brembo brakes, they are part of the Sport Package here in EU, but even with them it stops worse than 3.0, despite being lighter. Also, the tire width is the same 255 front and 275 back..

Maybe its the Supra decals after all :p

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
... And Iā€™m in favor of the bmw product (had an M3)... therefore the mix of manufacturers with the Supra is not a bad thing.

I also like the fact you see very few Supraā€™s on the road... keeping it unique for a Supra owner.

Youā€™re always gonna have haters... move along. ?
The way people envy and look at this car when driving it is just hilarious. Had a kid in a challenger yell "is that a supra l!?" As loud as he could in traffic as we were sitting at light. It is a gem this car.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I ment 2.0 with Brembo brakes, they are part of the Sport Package here in EU, but even with them it stops worse than 3.0, despite being lighter. Also, the tire width is the same 255 front and 275 back..

Maybe its the Supra decals after all :p
Decals make you go faster, but they do not make you stop better...

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
... And Iā€™m in favor of the bmw product (had an M3)... therefore the mix of manufacturers with the Supra is not a bad thing.

I also like the fact you see very few Supraā€™s on the road... keeping it unique for a Supra owner.

Youā€™re always gonna have haters... move along. ?
I saw it coming over 10 years ago back when I first got my z4 bare bone stock, far from what it is now ;) kept my MK3 for another 3 years after too.
untitled.JPG

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
A lot of the European journalists either donā€™t like it (Chris Harris) or talk about it from a subjective POV. Well thatā€™s from the videos Iā€™ve seen.
Even Chris Harris had to admit itā€™s a good car. All of his blathering was because it felt like a BMW not that it was a bad car.

Just goes to show what people will do just to get attention. It was popular to hate on the Supra, so everybody just jumped on that bandwagon.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
2JZ owner directly after losing every race to both the 2.0 & 3.0 "BMW" Supra's - "All is well, as it should be, perfect!" The fanboy logic is absurdly hilarious. ?

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
@Andrew4Supra ...
Driving a bmw was never a bad thing til this Supra came along...haha...
I don't think the argument is only from the "driving" experience. For me personally, the driving enjoyment in BMWs sport coupes was there. However the complete ownership experience and reliability issues left a lot to be desired. After owning 3, I could not wait to dump the last one after 3k miles. Each car was a total lemon and spent more time on a flatbed of a tow truck than the road. I thought it was perhaps isolated issues, but the BMW forums proved I was right most of them, sometimes unfortunately too late. Hopefully time will prove this new collaboration to be as reliable as those vehicles produced solely by Toyota.

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
Chris Harris might feel a little butt hurt as he has a BMW M2 Comp (great car, but common as bird shit on a windscreen).
Around my area, I have definitely seen a lot less M2 Comp's, perhaps 3 to 1 ratio. I guess it depends on your location.

Side note: Some of the recent comments on here are plain hilarious, the hypocrisy is alive and well.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I wished they would have raced on a dry surface since racing in the wet is useless.

Love my A90 and wouldn't care less that it has a heart of a BMW, maybe now my driving matches my engine make. lol.

This forum at least everyone that owns the A90 obviously likes their car and enjoys it. I was on the MK4 supra forum for just one day and wanted opinions and just to have casual conversations and they were all a bunch of deuchbag fanboys that haven't grown up and just hating.

I appreciate the old, enjoy the new, and will of course embrace the future. True car enthusiast appreciate rather than hate.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I was pleasantly surprised how the 2.0 held its own against the I-6 cars. The race was way closer than I would have guessed.

-RJM

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The way people envy and look at this car when driving it is just hilarious. Had a kid in a challenger yell "is that a supra l!?" As loud as he could in traffic as we were sitting at light. It is a gem this car.
Iā€™ve had nothing but good vibes from people in this car. I went on a 7 hour road trip recently and got plenty of ā€œcool carā€ and ā€œ?ā€ . Its a looker and conversation piece for sure.

-RJM
Sponsored